Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 10:30 am

I quit my job today. I was having way too much anxiety. Couldn't sleep and got headaches every time I had to go. Luckily, my bosses say that I can return whenever I want if I feel ready, or just here and there if I'm in the mood. That was VERY generous of them and I wouldn't get that from any other boss. So, I'm grateful for that. I feel a little weird leaving because as long as I don't work, I'll have to rely on my folks to take care of my needs which will once again mean less control over what I buy. Oh well. I still haven't decided if I want to go to CC. I recently got a full manuscript request from a publishing company, and I plan on attending an open call for a movie this weekend, so I'm trying to stay optimistic about my acting and writing dreams. I know my book could still get rejected and that they can only hire so many background actors/extras for the movie, but I'm staying positive. If those things don't work out, I can just ask for my job back or go to CC to try and transfer ASAP. And, if at least one of them works out, maybe I won't need to. I guess I'm just going to try to take this one day at a time and enjoy not being so stressed.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 11:29 am

I too am working to be published, though as I'm a programmer I'm stuck here just like you learning the process, because I'm author & publisher all at once. It makes me proud to see anyone concede their flaws and work independently. Everyone I respect the most works just this way. Wake work repeat is how people get published!

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2014, 5:02 pm

That's pretty effin good, Girlwithasperger's! You got a manuscript request? That's more than I ever got! LOL

I'm sorry you felt like you had to quit your job--and I'm glad there's an open invitation for you to return.

Good luck in the pursuit of your dreams. I do hope you'll find a job where you have less anxiety, though, in the meantime, until you become famous--so you could buy your own clothes!