EquestriatoLA's Fantasy World Series

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

22 Jul 2014, 11:08 pm

Before I go further, a true confession, in light of as of this writing, the New York Mets are in Seattle playing against the Seattle Mariners in a three-game series- I hoped for a 2000 World Series between the two teams; and if it did happen, it would have been the first WS between two expansion teams. But the Yankees had other plans for the M's that year, so my dream got dashed.

With that out of the way, if one pitted their two best teams in history, the 1986 New York Mets and the 2001 Seattle Mariners in a fantasy World Series, who would win, and why, in how many games and who would your MVP be? No snide remarks, please. Thanks. :)

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Last edited by equestriatola on 23 Jul 2014, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 4:30 am

I don't know about sports, so I can't tell you who would win. I do think you should make a video outlining this fantasy, though. Your voice is great when you say then! You should do the announcement in a video as if the game is actually happening. ;]

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 10:37 am

I'd take the mid-20s Yankees with Ruth and Gehrig vs. the mid-70s Big Red Machine.

I have no idea who would win; it's hard to bet against Ruth and Gehrig, but the Reds were so, so deep. I'd begrudgingly take the Yankees in 7 with Gehrig as the MVP.

Also dude the 86 Mets are a great call, and much love to the 01 Mariners (I'm a M's fan to death).