Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 8:01 pm

The legislators and governor that passed a law prohibiting doctors from saying that natural gas might be contributing to poor health need to have something done to them I won't say:

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/in ... ign=buffer

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2014, 8:23 pm

It's usually the left that wants to regulate everything.
Well, this is it......

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 3:15 am

Raptor wrote:
Well, this is it......

Hahahahahahaha (gasp for air). You made it look like the evil liberals are censoring you! Hahahaha!! !! !!
But seriously, it's not the liberals who have forbidden any further discussions in Virginia's state government concerning how the rise of sea levels on their state's coast is directly attributable to global warming. Or how in certain red states, it's not liberals who have forbidden any further mention of homosexuality in public schools, going to the extent of banning the word "gay" (I wish I was only making this up). Or it's not liberals in Texas who decided to downplay slavery and massacres of Native Americans in public school text books.
It seems to me, the only thing liberals want to regulate are things that can actually hurt people, like spoiled food, shoddy products, and other abuses of out of control capitalism.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 9:31 am

For starters laughing on line is LOL, not "hahahaha". :roll:
Laughing my ass off is LMAO.
And the article, Mandating bad medicine if you'd read it, is about regulation that has backfired on those who crave regulation out of fear of being marginalised or whatever. My point being just that; if you scream for regulation enough eventually you'll get more than you bargained for. This is why conservatives and libertarians say less is better.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 11:04 am

Reminds me of an investigative TV program that delved into the history of lead in gasoline and how and why it was approved even though the damage from the lead content on the brain was well known (as we can see looking around us).

Regulation? The public was never informed. This is just an everyday occurrence. You only get a benefit if corporate values are not slighted.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 12:02 pm

Raptor wrote:
...........conservatives and libertarians say less is better.

Libertarians maybe, but that kind of extreamism raises its own brand of economic, ethical and moral issues for society which I won't delve into right now.

As Kraichgauer pointed out, Conservatives want to regulate just as much as liberals. Just a different set of things. The real distinction as I see it:
-Liberals want to regulate what they see as "ethical issues" like poverty, guns, the environment and health care while deregulating others.
-Conservatives want to regulate what they see as "moral issues" like abortions, drugs, religious freedom and the gays while deregulating others.

Ultimately the choice between being a liberal or conservative is between seeing yourself as either an Ethical Guardian or a Moral Guardian.

I believe many people get the two terms mixed up or use them interchageably when in reality they are somewhat distinct.
There's nothing ineherently ethical about locking away non-violent drug users and keeping two consenting adults from being able to get married, just as there's nothing inherently moral about welfare or environmental regulation.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 1:31 pm

Raptor wrote:
And the article, Mandating bad medicine if you'd read it, is about regulation that has backfired on those who crave regulation out of fear of being marginalised or whatever. My point being just that; if you scream for regulation enough eventually you'll get more than you bargained for. This is why conservatives and libertarians say less is better.

I was actually referencing what you had written about liberals regulating everything, not the article.
Also, I will hahahahaha all the damn much I want.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 2:25 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Libertarians maybe, but that kind of extreamism raises its own brand of economic, ethical and moral issues for society which I won't delve into right now.

As Kraichgauer pointed out, Conservatives want to regulate just as much as liberals. Just a different set of things. The real distinction as I see it:
-Liberals want to regulate what they see as "ethical issues" like poverty, guns, the environment and health care while deregulating others.
-Conservatives want to regulate what they see as "moral issues" like abortions, drugs, religious freedom and the gays while deregulating others.

Ultimately the choice between being a liberal or conservative is between seeing yourself as either an Ethical Guardian or a Moral Guardian.

I believe many people get the two terms mixed up or use them interchageably when in reality they are somewhat distinct.
There's nothing ineherently ethical about locking away non-violent drug users and keeping two consenting adults from being able to get married, just as there's nothing inherently moral about welfare or environmental regulation.

^+1

Couldn't have said it better myself.

thumbhole
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2014, 6:11 pm

Raptor wrote:
Laughing my ass off is LMAO

Seriously? Did you seriously just attempt to censor somebody for writing proper English?

People can write however they like.

Perhaps u want us all 2 rite like dis, but sum of us don't want 2.

You can use your acronyms all you want, but some people actually like to write properly.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

:lol:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 9:12 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Actually, as a hate filled jack booted conservative, I have no desire to regulate dope since the war on drugs has proven to be un-winnable. Gay marriage is at least on its way to becoming, for all practical purposes, irrelevant and I figure by the end of this decade most of the 50 states will legalise it with more or even the rest to follow in the next decade. Not everyone has to like it because the tide is moving in that direction anyway with or without everyone being on board with it.
BTW: I do use the terms moral and ethical interchangeably with no plans to change.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 9:21 pm

Raptor wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:
I was actually referencing what you had written about liberals regulating everything, not the article.

What I wrote was in reference to the article. And, yes, you people do like to regulate more than we do.

Quote:
Also, I will hahahahaha all the damn much I want.

Oh that's okay; I have plenty of ridicule to go around for everyone. :P

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 10:07 pm

thumbhole wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Laughing my ass off is LMAO

Seriously? Did you seriously just attempt to censor somebody for writing proper English?

So call me an acronym nazi, then.
Really, if you get bored someday you should go back and read some of my handiwork from 2011-12 when I was accused of turning every thread into a "festering cesspit".
I had such fun, other people were so butthurt, and life was good during those blissful days. :D

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 10:29 pm

the left or atleast a few of them want to tax soda in hopes of raising the cost up enough that poor people won't be able to afford it. I don't like people deciding what I should or shouldn't do. Its my choice.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 10:35 pm

double post

Last edited by sly279 on 30 Jul 2014, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 10:36 pm

sly279 wrote:
the left or atleast a few of them want to tax soda in hopes of raising the cost up enough that poor people won't be able to afford it. I don't like people deciding what I should or shouldn't do. Its my choice.

SARCASM WARNING
Remember, when the left wants to regulate anything (and there are A LOT of things) it's for our own good.
The few comparatively few things the right wants to regulate is nothing short of barbarism.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 12:32 am

Raptor wrote:
Well, this is it......

The right wants to regulate personal freedom, especially if it allows for more corporate profit....

The left wants regulations the public actually benefits from....that also protect personal freedoms and rights.

Though here we have the democratic party posing as the left, but they are probably more about profit as well.