Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2014, 8:49 pm

I don't prepare many of my own meals, but I do do fish in a bag. I use tilapia put in an aluminum foil with butter, olive oil, salt, and pepper, along with chopped onions and asparagus spears. It bakes in the oven between 15 and 30 minutes depending on the size of the fish.

It's one of my favorite meals. :D

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2014, 1:27 pm

My wife and I prepare a lot of our meals from scratch - we're both gluten intolerant.

Besides, we like to prepare our meals from scratch as it's a lot healthier and tastes better than processed stuff. Takes up a lot of time though - often over an hour to prepare and just 20 minutes to eat it.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2014, 11:43 am

I'm too lazy to cook most of the time but I don't like buying take-away food, either. So what I end up doing most of the time is just to buy fruits and veggies, cut them if necessary and eat them. I don't like cooking with oil because it's messy. I also don't buy raw meat because I would have to cook it and also raw meat is rather yucky (dead animal body, germs, parasites etc).

Once in a while I feel like cooking something. I recently did chestnut rice. It was pretty good. I also quite often make a spicy squid salad. I only do something like that when I have two days free (typically Friday or Saturday).

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2014, 5:23 pm

my family likes to fry tilapia. :D

i live with my parents, but they both have jobs and i often find i have to prepare my own breakfast. i don't like buying take-out, especially not for breakfast so i just prepare a simple meal, often with scrambled eggs. i often experiment with pancakes and other similar foods.
and experimenting with juicers.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.