Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

iluvgod
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2014, 5:58 am

I recently began a job and a few other people started with me. Yesterday, they became Facebook friends with some of the people at the store we work at. So, I sent a friend request to them too and they didn't accept it, even though they added the other people who started with me. They have no connection outside of Facebook and hardly know them. So, why would they accept requests from the other new people and not me? I find it very rude and a quite offended by it. What is the deal with this? Why are they being jerks?

jerry00
Toucan
Toucan

09 Aug 2014, 6:43 am

Yeah that always happens when I start a job or a course with new people, they all love each other but never me. oh well.

dindon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Aug 2014, 6:59 am

Are you sure they were able to recognize your name?
Do you usually talk to them at work?

I mean maybe they didn't realize that you're the guy who works with them

don't judge them know, wait until things become clearer
I don't think they have something against you.. why would they? it's all in your head :)

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2014, 4:12 pm

What dindon says is spot on. If the other new employees have actually started talking to the others and getting on well with them, having a bit of banter and so on then they probably accepted the friend requests because they feel like the know the others who started at the same time as you, but don't feel like they know you very well.

They're not being jerks. Everyone is allowed to accept facebook friend requests only from people they want to interact with. There is no etiquette where people are impolite if they don't accept friend requests.

So don't play the victim, it isn't becoming. They have done nothing wrong.

Try talking to them in person and striking up a friendship the old fashioned face to face way before trying to friend people on facebook.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2014, 11:52 pm

On recognizing people it helps if you use a picture of yourself as your profile picture, I had one accept months later when I finally changed my picture. Personally you friend one you friend everyone in work situations.