Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2005, 4:07 pm

It's too bad he's retiring this year...I'd have loved to see him break Hank Aaron's record, even if it has an asterisk due to his steroid use...he was a very good player, and I liked him. :(

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Apr 2005, 7:53 am

Good riddance. A monumental headcase and a liar and cheater to boot. Let the record to fall to somebody who does it the hard way, just as Ruth and Aaron did. Let Barry find some other audience to bore.

Jerry Newport

Wisguy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 11:59 am

I'll even go as far as to say that I still recognize Roger Maris' 61 as the legitimate record for home runs in a 162 game season.

Aaron was 100% real, too, one of the finest physical specimens ever to play team sports. No amount of drugs can achieve what he did. (and no, I'm not saying this just because he played many of his games in Milwaukee)

Mike

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2005, 1:38 pm

How do we know that Ruth and Maris and Aaron didn't use a performance-enhancing substance of some kind? :?:

P. S. I'm not sure Bonds really did use too many steroids, as he just had one year with a lot of home runs and then went back to stats similar to the ones he had before the record-year. :)

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 5:08 pm

171NewYork wrote:
How do we know that Ruth and Maris and Aaron didn't use a performance-enhancing substance of some kind? :?:

P. S. I'm not sure Bonds really did use too many steroids, as he just had one year with a lot of home runs and then went back to stats similar to the ones he had before the record-year. :)

Because performance enhancing substances didn't exist in Ruth's day for one......

....and there is very little doubt that Barry Bonds was pumping stuff into himself - let's not be naive, here..... Just compare photos of the skinny little 25 year old kid with the bulbous, rippling, colossus like 40 year old...... He didn't get that way by saying his prayers and drinking his orange juice, you know......

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2005, 5:35 pm

Babe Ruth was a heavy eater, and he regularly ate 12 hot dogs in one sitting...isn't that a performance-enhancing substance?

P. S. Tafkash, are you really from the UK...I post on one forum that has a lot of Brits on it, and none of them have really heard of any of the MLB players...one of them even thought Pedro Martinez was just some kid!

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 6:20 pm

171NewYork wrote:
Babe Ruth was a heavy eater, and he regularly ate 12 hot dogs in one sitting...isn't that a performance-enhancing substance?

P. S. Tafkash, are you really from the UK...I post on one forum that has a lot of Brits on it, and none of them have really heard of any of the MLB players...one of them even thought Pedro Martinez was just some kid!

Hot-dogs = performance enhancing substance? :lol:

I am very firmly UK based - I just know everything, that's all.... :wink: