Page 12 of 12 [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 8:42 pm

You've never been in any kind of a situation like those you describe, have you?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

riley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2014, 9:38 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Barchan wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
I haven't noticed any misogynists in the thread. Would you care to point them out?

Remember three pages ago when you accused her of "chasing an obnoxious man down the street to harangue him in feminist dogma"? I'd say that qualifies as misogyny.

And you would be mistaken. Feminist =/= woman. Go back a few pages and you'll find we've already addressed this.

And a woman defending herself lecturing a man abusive behaviour does not = feminist dogma yet you call his behaviour merely obnoxious when he was spouting misogynistic abuse himself. Double standard; to the extreme where you think women should stfu when they are verbally attacked or you all them the attacker.

Thanks Bachan for posting that. I considered it but this is his pattern where he attacks people (women especially) then tells them why they deserved it. :roll:

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 10:27 pm

riley wrote:
And a woman defending herself lecturing a man abusive behaviour does not = feminist dogma

This is a clear strawman for anyone who has been paying attention. I already quoted your anecdote verbatim and previously highlighted the specific part where you used generic feminist phraseology as a means to shame him. Feminist dogma = feminist dogma. You readily admitted that you coerced him. Why are you so reluctant to acknowledge that you lectured him in feminist ideology?

Quote:
yet you call his behaviour merely obnoxious when he was spouting misogynistic abuse himself.

You might want to try nailing down those goalposts. Either you omitted important information in your anecdote, or you're being dishonest. Which is it?

Quote:
Double standard; to the extreme where you think women should stfu when they are verbally attacked or you all them the attacker.

I don't think anyone should be attacking anyone else, and you will not find a single sentence I have typed that informs you otherwise.

The double-standard here is yours. You believe that only the man should be found at fault for his bad behaviour. I believe that you both should be, and that to think otherwise constitutes bigotry. If you disagree, tell me why you think I'm wrong rather than resorting to a constant barrage of ad hominem rhetoric.

Quote:
Thanks Bachan for posting that. I considered it but this is his pattern where he attacks people then tells them why they deserved it. :roll:

Still waiting for that citation. You would think with all the posts I've made in this thread you would be able to find even the most tenuous example of an "attack".

I fear your contribution to this conversation will continue to consist of misrepresenting people whilst labelling them misogynists. It would make me genuinely happy to be proven wrong on this score.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 11:35 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
You've never been in any kind of a situation like those you describe, have you?

nope i stay aware of my surroundings, lock my doors, stay away from dangerous areas. would I have probably. I've come close. I see a possible threat and avoid it, I am thankful that by doing this I have avoided 95% of violent situations in my life.
the other 5% were unavoidable despite my best attempts. still I watch training videos, news videos, take classes etc. not as much as I wish I could.

are you proposing that in order to know how to avoid or fight those situations one must have been in one?
cause that would be invalid.

I won't get stabbed or shot to protect the $20 in my wallet, though it'd be hard for someone to get that close to me in the first place.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2014, 11:58 pm

adifferentname wrote:
riley wrote:
And a woman defending herself lecturing a man abusive behaviour does not = feminist dogma

This is a clear strawman for anyone who has been paying attention. I already quoted your anecdote verbatim and previously highlighted the specific part where you used generic feminist phraseology as a means to shame him. Feminist dogma = feminist dogma. You readily admitted that you coerced him. Why are you so reluctant to acknowledge that you lectured him in feminist ideology?

Quote:
yet you call his behaviour merely obnoxious when he was spouting misogynistic abuse himself.

You might want to try nailing down those goalposts. Either you omitted important information in your anecdote, or you're being dishonest. Which is it?

Quote:
Double standard; to the extreme where you think women should stfu when they are verbally attacked or you all them the attacker.

I don't think anyone should be attacking anyone else, and you will not find a single sentence I have typed that informs you otherwise.

The double-standard here is yours. You believe that only the man should be found at fault for his bad behaviour. I believe that you both should be, and that to think otherwise constitutes bigotry. If you disagree, tell me why you think I'm wrong rather than resorting to a constant barrage of ad hominem rhetoric.

Quote:
Thanks Bachan for posting that. I considered it but this is his pattern where he attacks people then tells them why they deserved it. :roll:

Still waiting for that citation. You would think with all the posts I've made in this thread you would be able to find even the most tenuous example of an "attack".

I fear your contribution to this conversation will continue to consist of misrepresenting people whilst labelling them misogynists. It would make me genuinely happy to be proven wrong on this score.

Quote:
A couple of weeks ago I was daydreaming on a bus, stepped off it and was faced with this middle aged man said "Can I f- you!" in a hostile voice and walked off, I followed and said "Can I punch you in the mouth?" and followed him to a tram stop and he kept ignoring me, talked on the phone in what sounded like Lebanese, I yelled at him for what he is teaching his sons and how they would treat women, took his pic and said if he didn't look me in the eyes and apologize I'd take the pic to the police. Eventually he blurted out "Sorry" and I walked off.

Well, I was not planning on re-entering this conversation, but I am not going to be silent while what seems to be a rape culture is being reinforced by you Adifferentname, yes by you, whether it is intentional or not.

The quote above, by Riley is the same damn thing that any redneck woman from an extremely Patriarchal area would say to a man here where I live who would dare say such a thing to her coming off a bus. Yes, Christian fundamentalist women who are as far away from feminism as most Muslim women. Even a sixty-five year old woman, for one simple reason. They know the surrounding men would back them up over this obvious misogynist credible threat of potential sexual abuse, with a hostile question of can I F you.

And if they said it to a man's wife, or even a policeman's wife, they could, yes could, be without teeth. And quite honestly the sheriff's or police department and the judge could back that up. Not to say I agree with it, but that is the way things work in red state areas in the US. Women are the prize, not the way they are treated as dogs on the Internet, with little men who have no success with women.

Yes, that is a common issue reported in many avenues of Internet REAL DEBATE. Not saying you have the issue, but even in the Washington Post the Wrong Planet website is identified as an environment for that.

Now, to be clear you have personally attacked me here and I do not personally care, but the moderators have come to me, and requested I provide the quoted evidence and I have complied. Whatever they want to do with that they can.

But I for one, will not stand by as you treat this woman this way. She does not deserve it, nor does any other woman deserve it. All I can say is you are very fortunate you do not live where I do. Let's just say behavior like that is frowned on. And no, no threat by me. You would have to deal with some really big red neck men. Around 300 Lb farm boys. Guys that do that here, run like puppy dogs with tails between their legs. It's true. And again, not something I completely agree with. But yes, it's true.

Enjoy your afternoon tea.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2014, 12:58 am

aghogday wrote:
Well, I was not planning on re-entering this conversation, but I am not going to be silent while what seems to be a rape culture is being reinforced by you Adifferentname, yes by you, whether it is intentional or not.

The quote above, by Riley is the same damn thing that any redneck woman from an extremely Patriarchal area would say to a man here where I live who would dare say such a thing to her coming off a bus. Yes, Christian fundamentalist women who are as far away from feminism as most Muslim women. Even a sixty-five year old woman, for one simple reason. They know the surrounding men would back them up over this obvious misogynist credible threat of potential sexual abuse, with a hostile question of can I F you.

And if they said it to a man's wife, or even a policeman's wife, they could, yes could, be without teeth. And quite honestly the sheriff's or police department and the judge could back that up. Not to say I agree with it, but that is the way things work in red state areas in the US. Women are the prize, not the way they are treated as dogs on the Internet, with little men who have no success with women.

Yes, that is a common issue reported in many avenues of Internet REAL DEBATE. Not saying you have the issue, but even in the Washington Post the Wrong Planet website is identified as an environment for that.

That's a very round about way of saying "I don't agree with you" without actually explaining why. You've glorified the use of mob violence as a justifiable response to bad behaviour again though.

Quote:
Now, to be clear you have personally attacked me here and I do not personally care, but the moderators have come to me, and requested I provide the quoted evidence and I have complied. Whatever they want to do with that they can.

I look forward to hearing from the moderators and reviewing this "evidence" for myself. It certainly wasn't forthcoming when I requested it.

Quote:
But I for one, will not stand by as you treat this woman this way. She does not deserve it, nor does any other woman deserve it.

Which way would that be? With skepticism? As an equal? As fallible? You appear to be saying she does not deserve equal treatment on the grounds of her gender.

Quote:
All I can say is you are very fortunate you do not live where I do. Let's just say behavior like that is frowned on. And no, no threat by me. You would have to deal with some really big red neck men. Around 300 Lb farm boys. Guys that do that here, run like puppy dogs with tails between their legs. It's true. And again, not something I completely agree with. But yes, it's true.

Because I do not agree with the views of an individual woman on PPR, you believe I should be subjected to physical abuse at the hands of a mob of "red necks", as you put it. If this was an attempt to 'convert' me to your personal ideology, it was a weak one at best.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2014, 1:01 am

I still support women arming themselves and learning martial arts thus empowering themselves and not allow themselves to be raped while at the same time encouraging men not to rape and also know that women are not weak and can beat the s**t out of a man who tries to take advantage of her!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2014, 3:01 am

[Thread locked due to personal attacks.]