Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 6:06 pm

Ive had various baldder issues when yongue, mostly normal stuff, other times bladder and pain going from through having early age surgery to correct birth defects. These days... I have anxiety in finding toilets in public and make it a priority to locate one, even when I don't need to go. I also have a more excited bladder, when excited about something, the anticipation of things could mean I could go to toilet often, like an excited puppy.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

milksnake
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2015, 3:50 am

Yes, I've had problems with the toilet (bedwetting and wetting myself when I was at school, constipation and diarrhea can still be a problem now) all my life, it's like I just suddenly need to go with little or no warning and if I don't make sure I empty by bladder completely I get really uncomfortable later. I was also terrified of the flush when I was pre-teen which complicated things some what.

It's no longer too much of an issue now that I don't have to ask permission to go the toilet (teachers would make me wait till break and often I couldn't, strangely I was usually unaware of actually wetting myself until I saw it). I've definitely developed more control as I've aged too so, yeah, it gets much better with age :mrgreen: . (edit: mind you, I expect it's going to get worse some time in the next 20 years or so)

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 9:08 am

Sometimes my Lithium makes me drizzle a bit but not in bed :D

the-comander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2015, 3:18 pm

thankfully not.

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

14 Jun 2019, 8:50 pm

Yeah. I've had bladder problems ever since I was 15 and now I'm 20 and they still persist. I feel an urgent and intense need to urinate right away and I use the restroom quite frequently. Waiting makes it worse because its hard to walk, run or even stand up. when your bladder is full because it feels like everything is about to spill out right away. This causes a lot of anxiety for me. I'm also prone to UTIs and frequent urination is one of my anxiety symptoms when no UTI is present. It interferes with daily life when it strikes me. I can't drive because of it and I hate road trips because of it. This really sucks :evil:

ConverseFan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2019, 11:56 pm

I have issues with this. I still wet the bed. I wear protection for both night time and day time accidents. Its because I struggle with knowing what certain feelings mean. Its sort of hard to explain

Amy Grace
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Aug 2019, 5:34 pm

Yes, i have bladder problems as well, i often have problems holding it in especially when I’m laughing too much or when someone’s tickling me or when my bladder’s just very full. I also feel like i need to go to the toilet but when i go hardly anything comes out, it’s really annoying.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 8:29 pm

Bladder problems? I just got back from the Urgent Care because I've been feeling terrible the last few days and wonder if it's a bladder infection. The initial test said negative but they're going to culture it for 48 hours to be sure.

ZeroFactorial
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Aug 2019, 11:53 am

I only wet myself three times after I reached the age I shouldn't and I'm still mortified by that when I think about it.
Y'all must mentally be too strong to cope with that.

Ps: I'm not autistic.

Silver Maple
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Feb 2020, 12:32 pm

Yes. Particularly while hyper focusing

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2020, 1:37 pm

I wet the bed through most of elementary school (it got to the point where I had to sleep with a plastic cover over the mattress to protect it). I also had embarrassing accidents at school because I was too shy to say I needed to go to the bathroom and would try to just hold it. I did okay from junior high on, and developed the ability to go the entire school day without going to the bathroom. But starting the past year or so, I've developed a problem with making it to the bathroom on time (just for #1). I don't know if I now don't get the signal until I really have to pee or what, and I don't know why that's changed, but I oftentimes at least leak a little while I'm on the way to the bathroom, and on occasion even full on wet my pants because my body just can't wait another thirty seconds.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Ziemael
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Mar 2020, 2:39 am

Ugh. On the subject of bladder issues and being a verbally articulate Autistic, I have a few things to say, and maybe some hope.
I wet the bed consistently until I turned 12. Due to my stepfather resorting to humiliation,
Like locking me outside the house in my wet nightclothes first thing in the morning, sometimes just underwear, putting the stained mattress out in the front yard, etc. Anyway, that got me in the habit of avoiding fluids and dehydrating myself, I still suffer from that issue today. My wife has to remind me to drink water because I will go 12 hours or more, just peachy. But the last nighttime accident I had was at age 23, when a romantic date ended up staying the night, .....yeah that went about as bad as it sounds. Anyway I had daytime wetting in class until 5th grade. Literally breaking my concentration and thus my filter of the lights noises etcetera was worse than wet underwear. And I despised being wet. So that tells you something. I still refuse to go when I should even with sharp bladder pains, even in my 40s, during movies, board games, etc, probably have a damaged bladder. (BTW late diagnosis at age 45, cause they didn't even know it was a spectrum disorder until 3 years after I graduated Highschool, so being undiagnosed I had 0 help, ZERO, ziltch) Anyway, I was still pursued by girls, ended up dating so many I cant remember them all. Lost virginity at 18. Been married twice so all that horror never stopped me, and made me a pretty sympathetic dad regarding potty issues. But yeah, really sucked, but time and neurological nightmares that leave you in therapy for eternity should eventually mean you will get better at it. No guarantee you won't pee in the bed your new girlfriend is sleeping in and you want to die. Just saying.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 2:26 pm

I did, for a time. Then again, I just had laser lithotripsy performed to beak up a YUUUGE kidney stone in my right kidney. It took about 9 months to regain control of my bladder.

Also, being diabetic, I drink a good bit of liquids. I also retain fluid, so I end up on furosemide (aka Lasix). I can usually make it to the terlit.