Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2005, 11:23 pm

I'm currently not doing anything to my website because I'm teaching my self HTML. But, when done, I'll make a much better website and include space for ads. But, I want to have a better webcomic. So I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing the drawing for my webcomic, or maybe write a few stories. Please also make any suggestions you have too. Thank's in advance for any help/advice. :)

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

28 Apr 2005, 4:17 am

I'd be interested to know what you think of stories I come up with for comix.

Just say any guidelines like if you need certain characters or how many characters / frames...my drawing really suxks so don't ask - I just luv coming up with stories.

Also, if you want certain themes like.

platypus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Apr 2005, 9:10 am

I just downloaded an app for the Mac called Comic Life. I don't know if there's a Windows version or not.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2005, 10:35 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2005, 11:09 pm

I base my characters on myself and my friends. I'm considering using 6 frame setup and downsizing the frames before I add text. That way, I could try to get a decent story. I might make character bios for you guys if anyone wants to make stories. Maybe Saturday.

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

05 May 2005, 3:44 am

Saturn's Day has been and gone man! I want to write some stories!! !

BWKermadecs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2005, 5:02 pm

Ahhh, I remember my website building days. I kinda have a small private site, but I used to have a pretty big fansite, it was fun, coding for hours and working with graphics and things. HTML isn't as scary and complicated as it looks, and you can totally get by only knowing a few codes and still set up a fully functioning site. Have you tried sites like this?

http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/

I learned a lot of my HTML from sites like these, also picked it up from people on message boards. Also if you see something on a website that you like, you go to View/Source and it'll give you the coding for the whole site and you can just kinda find the code for the feature you like. Ugh, I remember trying to get the hang of table codes at first, jeez what a pain in the ass, but eventually it makes sense and you can do it right off the top of your head. Good luck with your website!

I love drawing comics, I have my own set of characters and I have a few different series that I work on when I'm bored, but I don't think I really have any time or energy to work on anything right now with college and work, bleegh.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2005, 5:11 pm

Na. use www.htmlgoodies.com i learned from there in a day. Still go back for reference (mostly colour codes)

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2005, 11:34 pm

Alright I have enough knowledge to make a website. And I've got a storyline for you artists, and character bios for you writers.

Writers Read: (you can change the names if you like)

Clain- Gamer, 1337, loud and "has no tact" . He's not stupid, just overly violent (especially to Ben) and tells bad racist and sexist jokes. Long, brown, unwashed, somewhat curly brown hair. Green/blue eyes. Tall and gangly. 6'2? and somewhat in shape. Wears long, usually ripped baggy pants, brown shoes/ Jesus sandals, and slightly humorous black shirt.
Dislikes: Emo, AOL, Norton

Ryan- Gamer, mostly DDR and other misc. Asian imports. Very quiet talker, intelligent. Looks like he does drugs. Jokes about religion every now and then. 5'4? and skinny. Green eyes. Resembles Clain, but shorter. Wears black sneakers, gray shirt, black pants.
Dislikes: Emo, Ben's jokes

Tony- Internet person, very smart and writes a webcomic also. He's the one who makes intelligent comments that sometimes are funny. Not much to say about him. http://www.box43.net/~asgromo/ To put it nicely, he's the closest to a nerd I've ever known. 5'3? and a little skinny. Has X-Box and enjoys first person shooters.
Dislikes: I really don't know

Ben- This is ME. Well, based on me. Has AS, ADD, etc. Doesn't talk much. When he does talk, it's usually a badly comical remark vaguely related to the topic of the conversation. Generally funny character. Points out things not usually seen as funny. 5'11 and 210 lbs. Pear shaped, and not too fat looking. Dirty blonde/light brown hair, dark brown eyes.
Like:Music, Choir, Internet, Humor, Food (very food oriented)
Dislikes: Punk, Nuns, Needles, FPS, bland food

Theme- The name of the comis is "Bad Reference". The idea is to have characters engage in a conversation mixing or mocking stereotypes of sub-cultures. http://www.geocities.com/sarcastic_name/wc.html That one's a good example. Obviously, I'd prefer you stick with using the nerd/gamer/1337/raver groups. You could also mix two things , like D&D and love dice. If you want to see a webcomic that better defines what I'm looking for, IM me on AIM, and I'll send you my latest comic. Look around my website, and Tony's, to get a better idea of waht I want. Currently, I'm trying to incorporate an actual plotline. But until I find an artist, I'll hold back on that idea. I'd prefer to have at least 6 frames, unless it's short and you want to get straight to the punchline. Feel free to add a random character if you deem necessary.

Artists Read:

Alright, I have a story. I have fairly good character descriptions above. Feel free to use whatever style you like. I'd love if someone could draw like the MegaTokyo comics, but in color. For shirt and color ideas, go to website. Clain has funny word shirts. I have shirt with star on it. You can change it if you want to. OK, time for story.

Ben: Isn't there a holiday this Sunday?
Ryan: Yeah, I think it involves flowers and hearts, I really don't care.
B: OH NO! Valentine's Day!
R: Sure, why not?
B: What am I going to do?! I have to give a gift to _______.
R: Oh man (sarcasm), what to do?
B: (runs off and bumps into Clain) Clain! Valentines Day is this Sunday!
Clain: Holy shi*, you're f***in kidding, right!?
B: No, I'm not kidding.
C: I guess I should get something for my gf...Wait a sec! Why the hell do you care? You don't even have a gf.
B: (blushes a little)...
C: (loudly) Hey everybody!! ! Ben's blushing!! !
END OF COMIC

I'm sure that'll take at least 6 frames. Have fun!

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2005, 12:25 pm

BWKermadecs wrote:
I love drawing comics, I have my own set of characters and I have a few different series that I work on when I'm bored, but I don't think I really have any time or energy to work on anything right now with college and work, bleegh.

man i used to draw comics a long time ago when i was a kid and i based them on stuffed animals my sister used to have..after i was 18 though, i haven't been at it much, just time to time when i felt i needed to get it out of my system..i still have a bunch of the ones i drew though..i won't throw them away, they're keepsakes..

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2005, 7:58 pm

I write more than I draw but if I really practiced I could be a very good artist.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.