1-2 46%  46%  [ 33 ]
2-4 17%  17%  [ 12 ]
4-5+ 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 71

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 11:42 am

Ok so pretty much everybody knows I don't have a lot of friends I'd like to get an idea if it's just me or if others on here are in the same predicament as I am.
Feel free to vote if you don't want to personally respond Thanks

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 11:57 am

Why is "friends" in quotes?

Charloz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2014, 11:59 am

I have many acquaintances and few friends. I think I only have one or two true friends remaining who aren't relatives or in a romantic relationship with me. Part of this is because I am very, very picky about who I wish to associate with. I also suck at taking the initiative to do things, and often simply don't care.

There are days that I wish I had more of a social life, and then there are days where I am fine with it. I kinda still hope it's something that will happen in the future regardless of what I'll do. One day I hope to have a few good friends who live nearby. Just some guys to drink with and philosophize about life. To laugh and joke and have the occasional deep conversation. Just two or three would do. Is that too much to ask from the universe? I think I'm being humble there, lol.

Friends... I think I want them a lot more then I dare admit to myself, now that I think of it some more... :oops:

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 12:25 pm

Lumi wrote:
Why is "friends" in quotes?

Because to me that term is loose a friend could be a good and trusted person that one can rely on or it could be (in my case) an acquaintance that you spend some time with but in the long run isn't a friend and will tend to be forgotten as time moves on.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

If we're talking about friends in the sense of people outside the family, zero.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 1:04 pm

I have one friend and several acquaintances. I only hang out with the one friend, though.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 1:27 pm

I put 2 to 4 because I suppose I have at least two friends I can talk to in-depth about something, and I have a couple of other people I would describe more as acquaintances.

I have several acquaintances but only those one or two actual friends who go deeper in any way.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 2:26 pm

I have many, many trusted acquaintances who would help in me in any way I needed, and with whom I don't mind chit-chatting for a few minutes.

Two friends who are more my husband's friends than mine.

One on-line friend.

One other person with whom I'd like to be friends, but not sure how it's going.

That's it.

When I speak of a "friend", I speak of someone I enjoy talking to and spending time with, one with whom I can talk deeply about "love, art, and the meaning of life." Most people I know either aren't interested in or capable of talking about such things.

Thankfully, my husband is my best friend for life, and my two kids can handle a conversation about "love, art, and the meaning of life." My family members are basically my friends.

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 2:47 pm

Friendship is very confusing to me. I may have more friends than I realize, or maybe, I have no real friends. That is how confused I am. But before I found out that I am AS, I felt much more desperate about all this. Now it is just one more thing about my AS personality that is true, so it is easier to handle.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Oct 2014, 2:59 pm

Not counting my girlfriend I have one. He was my former supervisor but I only see him like 1ce a year now sense I moved across the country & only go down to visit family 2wice a year. We text occasionally thou. I used to have alot of friends online but I haven't had any in a while & wouldn't mind having a couple if anyone is interested in messaging me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 3:08 pm

I don't like to keep track or compare... but it's less than the usual amount, that's for sure. I don't actively socialize and try to get closer to people even if I do talk to classmates and coworkers, so I don't wind up making friends. Being different and reclusive doesn't help.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 3:27 pm

Until the manure really hits the fan, you can never really know.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 3:49 pm

I only have 1-2 friends whom i can sometimes call 'true friends' and 3-5 who i can say are my 'friends'

Luzhin
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2014, 5:49 pm

My wife is my best friend. Other than that I count 2 people as close acquaintances. The idea of friends, as someone you can really trust, has always been a rather confusing concept to me.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 5:57 pm

Two

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 6:04 pm

I have lived a bunch of place over the years - I have probably about five or six friends if I count people I know who are scattered around the world and I keep in some amount of regular contact with - but most of them I have not seen in several years. I suppose where I currently live and have lived for a little more than three years - I only have one friend.

- Albert Einstein