Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 7:35 pm

I suppose I'll go. I'm not autistic enough for yall. I can get by in the real world. I try to explain how to get by in the real world. Ya'll don't ant to know it. Ya'll want to know how to make people feel sorry for you. Give you sympathy. How to make folks turn off the overhead lights in Walmart by federal injunction.

Nobody here seems to care about adjusting themselves to live life. You all see to just want to force life to adjust to you, cause you are OH SO SPEEEEEEECIAL. Sorry, but that's not life.

Look at the founder of this site, Alex. He didn't let autism ruin his life. He sucked it up and made something of himself. And IT WAS AS HARD FOR HIM AS IT WOULD BE FOR YOU SLACKERS. Look at me. I did something, even though it wasn't the best thing, with my life. Hate us all you want. Use hate as a reason not to put the game controller down. Use hate as a reason not to get in the shower. Use hate as a reason not to get a crappy job doing crappy s**t and being paid crap like NT's do all the time. Oh, wait, use DISABILITY. Some of the posters here ARE disabled and DO need help. Most though, are just using a dx, or a SELF DX as a reason to whine.

I am so sick of hearing s**t like "my worker didn't have the pudding I wanted" or "the policeman didnt know I was on the spectrum" or the very worst ever (Lover and Dating losers here) "She should know I'd be so much better for her than the stockbroker jock she's dating" when he lives IN THE BASEMENT and has NO JOB.

I'm sick of the entitlement that oozes from the pages and the posters. I'm sick of it. We aren't better than others, and we aren't worse than others and we ARE NOT EXCUSED from trying to live life.

You all act like that shooter whose video you posted. Oh, you don't like me, I won't change me, I'll just hurt you. GROW THE f**k UP

Get your asses out there and stomach the real world, then youll have a real reason to whine.

Bye,
OliveOilMom

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

mezzanotte
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 8:01 pm

Quote:
We aren't better than others, and we aren't worse

I agree with you on that point.

I'd like to see less stereotyping and bigotry on what is supposed to be a support forum.

We should be promoting collaboration and understanding between all of humanity, regardless of personalities and neurological types.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 8:11 pm

mezzanotte wrote:
Quote:
We aren't better than others, and we aren't worse

I agree with you on that point.

I'd like to see less stereotyping and bigotry on what is supposed to be a support forum.

We should be promoting collaboration and understanding between all of humanity, regardless of personalities and neurological types.

Seconded, although I don't see a whole lot of that happening in this thread. To stomach the real world is mutually exclusive with working to change it. We hit speed bumps like anyone else, but some of us truly do hone practical skills.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 9:00 pm

Awwww, stick around.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 9:00 pm

i have a job and am married. i feel lucky to have been born with a very high IQ that offsets some of my autism. i don't look down on those who are not as lucky as i am. i have gone through a time when i lost my job due to not being able to navigate office politics and had to move back in with my parents. i empathize with both those who try to fit in and those who try to change the world. i do a bit of both.

olive oil mom, your coping style is not for everyone. it's messy and painful. have a little space in your heart for those who prefer another path.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 9:02 pm

Everybody wants to be the victim, it's not a personality deficit as much as a societal one. People who work get half their paychecks taken so some jerk can sit around smoking weed all day and popping out babies, tax free. The bureaucrats DO NOT CARE if that "bad back" or "debilitating depression" is made up. The first dollar a person makes is taxed by a number of different govt entities so the bureaucrats, politicians, and welfare rats can live like kings. Given that reality, who wouldn't choose to whine? That said, the Love and Dating board is a cesspit, I just steer clear.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 9:15 pm

pezar wrote:
Everybody wants to be the victim, it's not a personality deficit as much as a societal one. People who work get half their paychecks taken so some jerk can sit around smoking weed all day and popping out babies, tax free. The bureaucrats DO NOT CARE if that "bad back" or "debilitating depression" is made up. The first dollar a person makes is taxed by a number of different govt entities so the bureaucrats, politicians, and welfare rats can live like kings. Given that reality, who wouldn't choose to whine? That said, the Love and Dating board is a cesspit, I just steer clear.

it's hard to get on disability and harder to stay on it. very few moochers in the system. it's more likely that someone needs it and doesn't get it. i am happy to pay taxes so people don't starve through no fault of their own. fox news demonizes those who need assistance and many drink the koolaid. rich people paying rich people to tell poor people to hate other poor people.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 9:45 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
I am so sick of hearing s**t like "my worker didn't have the pudding I wanted"

^made me laugh out loud^

Nicely ranted, but don't go. I am on disability, but have been looking for work wildly. I have a second interview tomorrow and have my fingers crossed.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 11:10 pm

Seriously ???

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 1:26 am

that's why i don't go on L&D.
:salut:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SignOfLazarus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 3:37 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
I can get by in the real world.

From what you post, it doesn't actually seem like you do "get by" all that well in the real world.

Quote:
I try to explain how to get by in the real world... Nobody here seems to care about adjusting themselves to live life.

Is this post, then, an example of how one is to "get by in the real world"? Is this how you adjust yourself? Do you act like this in the day-to-day? Is that why everything works out so well?

Quote:
Sorry, but that's not life.

Life is not difficult as someone with autism, but apparently it is EXCRUCIATING as a pagan around Halloween. because shelters being picky about who they give up black cats too, the perception of a clerk or two as you [may] buy whatever candles you choose, or blood banks being more public about the background checks they do must really be a great inconvenience. MUCH MORE SO than any of the extreme functional difficulties that autism can present. So sorry for your the discomfort caused at your local target or walmart- which clearly only impedes you as you buy candles but not any other time, since you seem to have no life impacting difficulties from autism. ...you get me?

Quote:
Look at the founder of this site, Alex. He didn't let autism ruin his life. He sucked it up and made something of himself.
Alex is not a common occurrence. No common among ANY demographic. That is why this site is unique, you see.

Quote:
Look at me. I did something, even though it wasn't the best thing, with my life. Hate us all you want.

Maybe you just have a really awful attitude that assumes people hate you. Maybe there are a lot of people here who are sick of having to defend themselves over and over. Maybe they think that here should be the one place where they don't actually have to defend goddamn dysfunction- which is a totally bizarre thing to have to defend. I get totally frustrated with people who want pity and not solutions too. But i don't pitch a fit and hate on an entire site because I assume all of them are awful.

Quote:
Oh, wait, use DISABILITY. Some of the posters here ARE disabled and DO need help. Most though, are just using a dx, or a SELF DX as a reason to whine.

Here's the catch- how do you know what the reality is for any of us? How do you know who has ACTUALLY been diagnosed? How do I know that you have been diagnosed legitimately? How do you know that I have?
How do any of us know that anything any of us writes is factual or even remotely close to "the truth"? We don't. It ultimately becomes a zero sum where you just have to assume that everyone is telling approximately the truth and doing approximately the best they can and are legitimately disabled unless they write things which specifically show to be the opposite.

Otherwise you pretty much just want to be a jerk, because disbelief applies to everyone else but you.

Quote:
I am so sick of hearing s**t like [all of the s**t I AM TOTALLY SICK OF HEARING BECAUSE IT IS ALL THE SAME]... [oh wait it goes on]...I'm sick of the entitlement that oozes from the pages and the posters.

I'm sick of the comparison where you, or anyone, thinks "I can do X,Y,Z, so why can't you losers?". Because your situation is not my situation. Or any other individual's. Even if the "facts" are all the actual facts? Nothing is the same, which means no odds are equal.

Quote:
I'm sick of it. We aren't better than others, and we aren't worse than others and we ARE NOT EXCUSED from trying to live life.
I'm sick of it too. You took this entire post to explain precisely how you are better than anyone else on this site who has not achieved at least as much as you in your estimation.

Quote:
Bye,
OliveOilMom

you are definitely still here after this post, posting in the members only section, after this.
[and yeah I am too! difference is I just feel in a crappy mood and generally keep to myself for a while- you seem to want to make everyone else feel it too]

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 4:25 am

^
The Haven isn't really for arguing with people, even if they're saying things you might think are wrong, informatory, hypocritical, etc, which I know from personal experience isn't always easy.

opal
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 5:34 am

cathylynn wrote:
i have a job and am married. i feel lucky to have been born with a very high IQ that offsets some of my autism. i don't look down on those who are not as lucky as i am. i have gone through a time when i lost my job due to not being able to navigate office politics ........... i empathize with both those who try to fit in and those who try to change the world. i do a bit of both.

olive oil mom, your coping style is not for everyone. it's messy and painful. have a little space in your heart for those who prefer another path.

This

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 6:29 am

I don't know, OP, you seem like the biggest f*****g try-hard around.

How's all that fake Xanax peddling going? :lol:

(Ok, I find it hilarious reading about try-hard druggies and dealers, so I might be overly harsh, but no one that does it talks about it. You're going to have to trust me on that one.)

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 8:02 am

This thread is NOT in keeping with the intent of The Haven: therefore, it's locked.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)