What Anime Do You Watch; Also, Dub or Sub?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dub or Sub?
Sub 60%  60%  [ 12 ]
Dub 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 20

RustDogofAus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Nov 2014, 4:15 am

Subbed and Dubbed, although mostly dubbed. I enjoy more serious fleshed-out animes with a few comedies like Azumanga Daioh, Excel Saga and Slayers. Digimon has its moments and is a nostalgic favourite.
I would love to see an Australian DVD release of Nastume's Book of Friends, but alas... no joy.

MilkTea
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2014, 4:21 am

I watch a lot of Sport anime, like Slam Dunk, Yowamushi pedal, Whistle!, Oofuri, etc. But I also enjoy series like Tsuritama and Denno Coil or drama/shoujo/josei.
I prefer subs.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 9:34 am

I use to exclusively like subs when I was more into anime, nearly 10 years ago. Still kinda lean toward subs but I don't watch much anime anymore.

Last anime I saw was a re-watch of Ghost in the Shell a year ago. I love Masamune Shiro. Really enjoy the "old" Gundam movies/shows, like Zeta and Char's Counter Attack. Haven't gotten into any of the new stuff, I hated Seed.

I read more manga really.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 1:24 pm

MilkTea wrote:
I watch a lot of Sport anime, like Slam Dunk, Yowamushi pedal, Whistle!, Oofuri, etc. But I also enjoy series like Tsuritama and Denno Coil or drama/shoujo/josei.
I prefer subs.

If you have not already, I highly recommend Haikyuu. I tend to not be much of a fan of sport anime, but that show blew me away, made volleyball awesome.

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Nov 2014, 2:52 pm

Durarara!! dubbed > Durarara!! subbed.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 4:56 pm

i can't be called a real anime fan by any definition of the term (very casual) but one rather visible series that i watched and really enjoyed was Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day.
my sister found it one day, she shared it with me and, particularly the ambient soundtrack i liked. lovely.

subs of course, they're easier to focus on and that way i can get the audio and language that the creators intended. and i hear English everywhere anyway.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.