Are you addicted to SimCity and the Sims?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Narocos300
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jul 2004, 2:31 am

Hey, I'm new, I got a link recently to this site and decided to visit it looks cool, so whats there to do around here except chatting!
I really love Simcity and the sims! Is there anyone out here as addicted to the sims and simcity as I am:?:

gavrod
Raven
Raven

15 Jul 2004, 6:05 am

I love both of them! I find Sim City 4 extremely challenging and fun to play and the graphics are sensational as well. As for The Sims, I think that is brilliant too and I am going to start playing that game again in a few minutes. I am really looking forward to The Sims 2 which should be coming out soon, I've read a bit of a preview from a computer games exhibition in Los Angeles and from the pictures and report it looks far better than the first one. 8)

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2004, 6:18 am

I use to play sim city 2000 religously. I have a sizable collection of cities I built in sim city sitting on the hard drive of my old 486 machine which served as my gaming platform for a while.

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jul 2004, 1:22 pm

yeah i was deadly addicted to the sims a couple years ago. bought 3 expansion packs and downloaded too much skins.
then i lost the skins and everybody started taking them down because of copyright infringement :(
i never got into sim city, but i do love the civ's and C&C's

Tom_FL_MA
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Central Florida; originally southeastern Massachusetts

15 Jul 2004, 3:58 pm

I like SimCity, but never really feel like playing it because I am online so often.
I used to play it all the time on my Nintendo (I got from one of my brother's
friends several years ago) before I had daily internet access.

I have SimCity 3000 Unlimited and The Sims-Double Deluxe/House Party.

Last edited by Tom_FL_MA on 02 Aug 2004, 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

magic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2004, 6:33 pm

I love Simcity, because I love maps and trains! Never played Sims, though.

todayiamhuman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2004, 5:36 pm

sims gets very disturbing and wierd after a while... like your watching someone else get a better life than you are and perhaps you should be doing something else than staying up til 2am making sure your sims wake up for work.

flamingjune
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2004, 5:57 pm

My Sims addiction comes and goes in cycles. But yes, I will watch them wander around for hours.
I also have a huge ridiculous Downloads folder full of junk from teapots to full houses. I'm surprised the thing still loads.

Jodi

26 Jul 2004, 6:11 pm

I love Sim games. I've played all the Sim Citys, Sim Farm, Sim Farm, Sim Tower, Streets of Sims City, Sim City and of course The Sims. I have a bunch of downloads, mostly Anime skins and other little things. I like games where you mange stuff like Zoo Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon

UltimApe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2004, 10:27 pm

I got simcity 4 when it first came out, it sucked and woudn't run worth beans on my old machine.

Now I have a new comptuer (built it myself), and the game runs great (even a full city). Plus the patch remidied a great number of the "restrictions" that made it suck so bad. I now realize that you need to spend time and plan out smaller sections of the city. It isn't simply a remake of sc3000...

Giant beutiful cities in no time.

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2004, 8:22 pm

SimCity, eh? i have Simcity 4, and its one of the few games i play, considering the amount of game and muliple consoles i have. oh, excuse me for not introducing myself. i am Archmage. i played SC4 at a friend's house, and i was excited so much that i went on a quest to find it, finally having to upgrade the family PC to install it (which it needed anyway).
it was sooooo much fun. i'm even thinking of getting a The Sims game, so i can import them into my city. i was thinking about getting The Sims: Making Magic game to do this (of course you knew i would if you read my intro forum in the Getting to Know Each Other Section, which i bet you didn't :shameonyou: ) but i'm not sure. Do you think a fairy would look good walking down the streets of Manhattan? Plus, i don't think my poor hard drive could handle another big game like it. Its already struggling to keep up with SC4. Maybe I could download a skin from a Legend of Zelda site ( its my 2nd favorite game; SC4 is my first). That may be just what I need: Princess Zelda in St. Paul! :P

All this talk about SC4 is making me want to play some more, so i'm signing off. See you later!

alfonzo

01 Oct 2004, 4:29 pm

Sims-addictions can really take a lot of my energy :)

I always put 8 guys in a house and i play them one by one. I put up very strict rules for myself: i can only play one sim at the time, the ones i'm not playing are set on free will and i can not interfere (i just love watching which ones get along and which ones don't), i can only switch sims if the selected sim makes promotion or takes a new job, i switch jobs if i can't make it till promotion within the next day,....)

I make rules like this for all the games i play, so i'll spare you the rules for simcity :wink:

Does anyone else plays games like this?

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2004, 4:35 pm

I never got into The Sims (although my better half has all the expansion packs and both Xbox games...), virtual people just don't interest me that much, but SimCity 3000 - MAP GOODNESS...

I also love Civilization II and I am just starting with The Settlers IV. Guess I just like building stuff...

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Kofeinik
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2004, 5:10 pm

I love both SimCity and Sims, but Civilization III is what really used to keep me in front of my computer for days.

alfonzo

02 Oct 2004, 5:15 pm

Yes, Civilization is excellent!

And how about Railroad Tycoon II or III, did anyone enjoy that?

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2004, 2:11 pm

I love Civilization and Simcity...

Tip for Simcity 4... build lots of parks... parks increase the land value of nearby houses and shops so as to magically pay for themselves...

Tip for Civilization 3: Always remain one or two steps ahead of your rivals in technological research... if they have X-rays, you should have CAT-scans... if they have repeater rifles, you should have AK-47s... even if you have to run a deficit or trade a worker... always remain a little bit ahead in research... it gives you the ultimate trump card...

Tip for the Sims 2: Cheat at the beginning of the game and build a house where every rule of architecture is systematically violated, then re-violated... have the toilets on the front lawn... have an evil labyrinth/tortute dungeon in your basement... make houseguests climb through narrow passages and illogically placed stairwells until Lovecraft screams in horror...