No 40%  40%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 25

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 7:00 pm

dianthus wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
I'm pretty sure I have these worries because of Pure-O OCD. Pure-O OCD makes people have irrational obsessions with more hidden compulsions than OCD. I think my obsession with growing up started when I was about seven or eight. My mom told me that I'm not as mature as other kids my age.

I have a similar kind of obsession about comparing myself to other people. I'm not sure what originally set it off. Probably when I started my current job 7 years ago since it put me in a different kind of social environment. I started getting lots of questions about why I'm not married, why I don't have children, etc. and it made me feel like I was abnormal and alien. And I noticed it got a lot worse after I joined Facebook and I noticed people my own age are mostly married with kids and what not. I feel better when I limit my interaction on FB. Maybe coming here does to you what FB does to me.

It didn't really occur to me that I might have OCD until I saw you mention Pure-O here. I'm probably not Pure-O though, just regular OCD. I recently realized I do OCD hair cutting. I probably have some other OCD habits that I don't want to think about right now.

I'm glad when you post here because your posts are always interesting, and I learn things from you.

Pure-O is more of a slang term than an accurate description. Pure-O means that someone has OCD, but their obsessions are worse than their compulsions. That makes it harder to treat. A lot of Pure-O compulsions are more internal, while classical OCD compulsions are more obvious and externalized. A common Pure-O obsession is sexuality. When I had my sexuality obsession one of my compulsions was to check if I was sexually attracted to random people. It's not as obvious as hand washing so it's way harder to stop that compulsion.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 7:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think Devil Kisses is a nice poster. I don't think she should leave WrongPlanet. I would miss her.

I don't really want to leave. I need to find a better way to manage my emotions when I'm on WP. Maybe I'll ask for some advice in the haven.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 7:08 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I think Devil Kisses is a nice poster. I don't think she should leave WrongPlanet. I would miss her.

I don't really want to leave. I need to find a better way to manage my emotions when I'm on WP. Maybe I'll ask for some advice in the haven.
I'm glad you want to stick around DK. I like having you here. We can help you manage your emotions. We'll be here for you and help however we can.

Wreck It Ralph

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2014, 11:28 am

skibum wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
THANKS, skibum!! !

You are so welcome. Check out the links I posted over here for you. It's my birthday present to you. :D
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf269421-0-45.html

Awww, I can't BEGIN to tell you how sweet it was for you to do that!!

Thankyou, thankyou, THANKYOU!!