Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Mar 2007, 12:34 pm

ok, i have $5,000 and i need a place to live. the cheepest travel trailor i found was for $1,000 and was from the year 1968. it was really in bad shape. what would be a better idea, get a trailor and never have to worry about having a place to live OR get an apartment. obviously i need a bathtub and this trailor doesnt have one in it. the only thing i dont like about living in an apartment complex is people are too close together. i can deal with it, but sometimes i get loud.

i can get into these apartments that charge rent by your income, but there's a waiting list and i want out of my current living situation now.

what is the better idea?

apartments for a one bedroom average about $600 and i'm pretty much on a fixed income. so thats a little too high. my average income is around $556.

when i do finally move into my new place im posting pictures of it, since i'll for once in my life finally have enough money left over to buy a computer and digital camera. its going to be crazy

Last edited by richardbenson on 07 Mar 2007, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleFeed
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2007, 1:17 pm

Keep looking for a good trailer that meets your needs.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 1:25 pm

Be careful that you've taken all of the costs into account, particularly regarding the apartment where you know things could be difficult. Is the cost fully inclusive of all bills, such as water, electricity, contents insurance and tax? Would you have enough money left over for food and transportation?

It sounds as though a higher spec trailer would be a better idea than the apartment.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Mar 2007, 1:48 pm

well my rent would be 350 a month plus a flat rate of 90 dollars for all the utilities if i moved into the place that goes by your income. that would hardley leave me any money, for anything and i'd probably have to stay on my foodstamps and medicaid. BUT i'd have a few thousand left over to buy like a computer wich i really need, since i hate comming to the computer lab everyday and a video camera and new clothes. i havent been clothes shopping in like 2 years.
although the trailor does sound like a better idea. :cry:

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

07 Mar 2007, 2:05 pm

Do you have land for the trailor? And I assume it needs to be outside city limits to avoid code problems. I like the idea of getting the trailor on your on small lot of land and then as you can get water, electric, phone etc.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 2:07 pm

The apartment is better in overall terms, but only if you're sure you can afford it.

An affordable trailer is miles better than getting an apartment which you can't afford, cos that'll end up making you miserable.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Mar 2007, 2:15 pm

i could put the trailor over at my moms house, since this is her backyard in panoramic view. first picture is the left side of her yard middle picture is the middle part and right side is the right part of her backyard. there's more than enough room, but i do not get along with her husband at all. like its pretty BAD. so i dunno