Page 4 of 15 [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

15 Nov 2014, 2:30 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODetOE6cbbc[/youtube]God and gods were created..by people!


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,254
Location: Sol System

15 Nov 2014, 3:14 am

Some people just believe in God and others don't, you shouldn't put people down or get mad at them just because they do believe in a higher power.

I'm Catholic and I'm not bothered by people of any other faith or belief system.



techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,822
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

15 Nov 2014, 6:51 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
ImageNow let us compare the views of then and now.

Probably important to point out - back then people were far from idiots, particularly on the social level and knowing when they were getting scammed. If anything got tweaked to look oblong it was our mythological narratives. Think the kind of sanitary bleaching that we give kids on relations between the Native Americans and the European settlers or the flavor of the Revolutionary War - things that only happened a couple hundred years ago - and you can only imagine the largest religion in the west having its narrative getting Madison Avenued a mile wide.



AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

15 Nov 2014, 1:43 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ImageNow let us compare the views of then and now.

Probably important to point out - back then people were far from idiots, particularly on the social level and knowing when they were getting scammed. If anything got tweaked to look oblong it was our mythological narratives. Think the kind of sanitary bleaching that we give kids on relations between the Native Americans and the European settlers or the flavor of the Revolutionary War - things that only happened a couple hundred years ago - and you can only imagine the largest religion in the west having its narrative getting Madison Avenued a mile wide.
People viewed things very differently back then as opposed to today hallucinations were real and magic to them and if a crazy guy claimed to be a god or have visions they would believe him. i am not saying they were stupid they just didnt understand at the time and it was easy to believe in things like goblins and such.


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 219
Location: Akron, OH

15 Nov 2014, 2:56 pm

Way to epically fail there :lol:

For starters, you're again ignoring the very basic Philosophic burden of proof, and instead relying entirely on "I don't need to prove my case, I can make whatever claims I want and you need to prove me wrong" which is an inherent fallacy. But here's the kicker: you just admitted defeat with this tidbit:

AspieOtaku wrote:
[...] but there is still massive information yet to be discovered and those places unexplored will still remain a mystery for time to come that neither science nor religion can 100% explain[...]
Boom. I win. Science has not disproven higher beings and you just admitted to it!

If you'd like to backtrack on what you've said, I again point you to my challenge: without citing religion (which I shall note the entirety of your post contained), prove, with science, and without religion, beyond a reasonable doubt, 100%, in a way and manner that is foolproof, that ZERO higher beings exist. Unless you can do that, this whole thread has been in vain.

Oh man, that just made my day. LOL :lmao:



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,540

15 Nov 2014, 3:09 pm

And technically speaking there are still folks today that cannot understand metaphor or do not desire to look to research to find the truth.

Much evidence points to a FACT THAT JESUS, NEVER SAID HE WAS THE SON OF GOD ALONE.

ALL HE meant was that we ARE ALL connected one and same to Mother Nature True aka GOD, by all reasonable research that exists per total, aka Children of GOD per sons and daughters with a big S.

And yes scientists prove this true today too, per research, associated with the Interdependent relationship of all that is aka Mother Nature True aka GOD TOO.

And Jesus the real man, as research indicates today did not need a damn microscope or telescope to see IT (THAT EVERYTHING IS INTERCONNECTED PER THE Interdependent relationship of all that is aka GOD) in the Desert with Mother Nature True aka GOD.

It's amusing to me how some atheists don't use science or research when they do want to do emotional hyperbole to prove a point, instead.

I prefer the truth, and the truth per current research shows that it was much more likely that Jesus was more like a Yogi/CLASSICAL PANTHEIST than Richard Dawkins, who doesn't have a soul, for all practice intents and purposes, as HE THINKS (not feels) THAT HUMANS THAT ONLY HAVE EMOTION, moreover, PER FOLKS WITH DOWN'S SYNDROME SHOULD BE EXTERMINATED BY RULE, AND ETHICS as fetuses AND NOT BY CHOICE ALONE, PER ABORTION.

Yes, SIMPLY cause they (Down's Syndrome folks) don't score high on Standard Intelligence TESTS that never measures human soul aka heart/EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE. Love is truly all that matters in the end, and Down's Syndrome children CAN DO THAT, PER SPREADING LOVE.

IN other words empathy for one's fellow man or women, IS SOMETHING that Mr. Dawkins obviously is seriously 'retarded' on.

BUT JESUS WASN'T, SO HE'S THE MAN (as reported), PER WHAT IS REAL IN LIFE: LOVE AND AND MOTHER NATURE, of course. :)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

15 Nov 2014, 3:21 pm

Shep wrote:
Way to epically fail there :lol:

For starters, you're again ignoring the very basic Philosophic burden of proof, and instead relying entirely on "I don't need to prove my case, I can make whatever claims I want and you need to prove me wrong" which is an inherent fallacy. But here's the kicker: you just admitted defeat with this tidbit:
AspieOtaku wrote:
[...] but there is still massive information yet to be discovered and those places unexplored will still remain a mystery for time to come that neither science nor religion can 100% explain[...]
Boom. I win. Science has not disproven higher beings and you just admitted to it!

If you'd like to backtrack on what you've said, I again point you to my challenge: without citing religion (which I shall note the entirety of your post contained), prove, with science, and without religion, beyond a reasonable doubt, 100%, in a way and manner that is foolproof, that ZERO higher beings exist. Unless you can do that, this whole thread has been in vain.

Oh man, that just made my day. LOL :lmao:
No i did if you werent paying attention is the sun a god? Nope science has disproven that is a volcano a god? Nope also disproven via science the unexplained is not god its just something not explained yet such things like what is on the other side of a black hole? There is no backtrack just your cherrypicking in what you want to perceive in order to make you feel confortable in your land of illusions to help you sleep at night. Again notice as time goes by people are becoming less religious, why is that? Gods are made up by imagination and guesses to keep everyone entertained until new discoveries are made merely to dismantle them completely.


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,822
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

15 Nov 2014, 4:32 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
People viewed things very differently back then as opposed to today hallucinations were real and magic to them and if a crazy guy claimed to be a god or have visions they would believe him. i am not saying they were stupid they just didnt understand at the time and it was easy to believe in things like goblins and such.
Lol, not so. People still believe that stuff today. Ever heard of Moonies?



Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 219
Location: Akron, OH

15 Nov 2014, 4:53 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
No i did if you werent paying attention
I clearly was to catch that :lol:

AspieOtaku wrote:
is the sun a god? Nope science has disproven that

AspieOtaku wrote:
is a volcano a god? Nope also disproven via science

See, that's what my challenge is: what science? Where can I read up on this science that you speak of? You keep saying "science has disproven it" yet fail to deliver on this science.

You know what? Let's try something: science has proven that anyone that likes anime is nothing but a sex-obsessed bastard child of an alcoholic hooker. UH OH, you want proof? Well, in your words, "science has proven it!" but apparently I do not need to back up my claims with actual evidence. I'll just use basic logic: see, we know that anime evolves into hentai, and logically speaking, hentai is about sex, and there are whole countries where hentai is the norm, so it must be genetic.

Seriously? Give me a break. Until you deliver on this evidence that you repeatedly say exists, I'm calling shenanigans and I still win by default.

AspieOtaku wrote:
the unexplained is not god
[citation needed]

AspieOtaku wrote:
its just something not explained yet such things like what is on the other side of a black hole?
Or more to the point: where could that higher power be hiding?

AspieOtaku wrote:
There is no backtrack just your cherrypicking in what you want to perceive in order to make you feel confortable in your land of illusions to help you sleep at night.
:lmao: Nice try, but you still fail.

AspieOtaku wrote:
Again notice as time goes by people are becoming less religious, why is that? Gods are made up by imagination and guesses to keep everyone entertained until new discoveries are made merely to dismantle them completely.
[citation needed]



JohnnyC
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 13 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 66

15 Nov 2014, 9:10 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Lets face it god does not exist nor does any god exist these are primitive explainations used to explain what science logic and realization of reality could not until now! Lets face it there is no such thing as a god you are wasting your time and allowing yourself to be a thrall to a made up concept! Hence religion is useless worthless and a waste of time! You are not free with religion but willlfully allowing yourself to be a slave to a make believe belief! Free yourself and be an athiest! There is no god and science has proven it he is make believe!
. I don' think god is there John c



AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

16 Nov 2014, 2:22 am

Shep wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
No i did if you werent paying attention
I clearly was to catch that :lol:

AspieOtaku wrote:
is the sun a god? Nope science has disproven that

AspieOtaku wrote:
is a volcano a god? Nope also disproven via science

See, that's what my challenge is: what science? Where can I read up on this science that you speak of? You keep saying "science has disproven it" yet fail to deliver on this science.

You know what? Let's try something: science has proven that anyone that likes anime is nothing but a sex-obsessed bastard child of an alcoholic hooker. UH OH, you want proof? Well, in your words, "science has proven it!" but apparently I do not need to back up my claims with actual evidence. I'll just use basic logic: see, we know that anime evolves into hentai, and logically speaking, hentai is about sex, and there are whole countries where hentai is the norm, so it must be genetic.

Seriously? Give me a break. Until you deliver on this evidence that you repeatedly say exists, I'm calling shenanigans and I still win by default.

AspieOtaku wrote:
the unexplained is not god
[citation needed]

AspieOtaku wrote:
its just something not explained yet such things like what is on the other side of a black hole?
Or more to the point: where could that higher power be hiding?

AspieOtaku wrote:
There is no backtrack just your cherrypicking in what you want to perceive in order to make you feel confortable in your land of illusions to help you sleep at night.
:lmao: Nice try, but you still fail.

AspieOtaku wrote:
Again notice as time goes by people are becoming less religious, why is that? Gods are made up by imagination and guesses to keep everyone entertained until new discoveries are made merely to dismantle them completely.
[citation needed]
What science you ask? Have you ever heard of Astronomy? Astonomers have proven that the sun is a star and not a god you can go look it up on NASAs website if you do not know what a star is. As for the volcano that's where Geologists come in Volcanologists to be exact as for the last part with your rediculous and willfully ignorant assumption that has nothing to do with this topic in another pathetic attept to derail the thread because apparently you are becoming desperate and resorting to trolling so I will fail to take that one seriously, nice bait btw but im not falling for it.

Also http://tobingrant.religionnews.com/2014 ... one-graph/ for the sources of decline in religious followers in the past 60 years. You see you failed and lost this argument long ago which is why you got frustrated and resorted to /fail troll from the very beginning because this topic frightens and frustrates you I could sense your fail trollery from a mile a way when the first moment ya mentioned /fail troll with cocky remarks I already know you were trying to troll at that moment because when people plan on trolling they instantly say fail troll which is a big no no usually noobs do that I could teach you to troll harder but that is a whole different story altogether for this is PPR and not YouTube since this thread is boring you why are you still responding? Does it bother you so much for you to attempt to troll and derail it? Apparently its getting to you and were ruffled from the beginning.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSxgnu3Hww8[/youtube]Remember carbon dating isn't the preferred dating method for fossils but other radiometric dating like potassium argon dating! Evolution is observable and provable as well let us not forget that 93% of the academy of science rejects the concept of god or gods, this is not a just majority but an overwhelming majority!But back on to the real topic with the whole trolling thing thats an indirect way of showing you lost and attempting to distract those who proven you wrong to get them distracted and give you a false feeling you won but you lost long ago, it only works for those who focus on your misleading post to distract them like a topic claiming Hitler was an Athiest when he was actually a Roman Catholic in short its a cop out. Now as for the black hole no god would want to live on the other side of a black hole due to how hostile the environment is black holes even suck up light let alone planets stars and galaxies with high pressure and crushing anything into spaghetti nobody truly knows whats on the other side of a black hole but im pretty sure a god or higher being would not want to be there most likely another universe forming on the other side would be a better bet but whenever universes are formed they are very dangerous and hostile for any being imaginary or not but that's just me. This thread will continue and your attempts at trolling will be laughed at. To equate your anime claim which is off topic I can also say that Jesus ate pork and masturbates frequently as he celebrated 9/11 like it was his birthday! you mad bro? You were already mad at the beginning due to the high probability that all the time you spent worshipping an imaginary friend that has no proof of existence has not answered your prayers due to the fact of not only existing but also the fact that pride is a big no no in your religion for your make believe god does not favor pride nor arrogance which you have displayed on this thread alone let alone other threads on wp, because pride is the biggest sin of all! Your stuck in an eternal fail loop what ever will you do? *gasp*


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


Last edited by AspieOtaku on 16 Nov 2014, 6:28 am, edited 9 times in total.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,540

16 Nov 2014, 3:13 am

Well, the fact of the matter is one can believe or entertain the belief in GOD/Spirit/LIFE FORCE supporting human being without belonging to a religion.

The smallest numbers ARE the Percentage of ATHEISTS among the total world's population, still NOW:

Quote:
Atheists comprise an estimated 2.01%


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

So is 97.99% of the total WORLD population wrong, and 2.01% right.

Highly unlikely is the answer to that, per any reasonable thinking person.

Atheism, truly is an illogical position, and the statistics prove it out.

Rational thinking people understand they DO NOT KNOW IT ALL.

TRULY It's as simple as that.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


anthropic_principle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 300

16 Nov 2014, 3:58 am

aghogday wrote:
Well, the fact of the matter is one can believe or entertain the belief in GOD/Spirit/LIFE FORCE supporting human being without belonging to a religion.

The smallest numbers ARE the Percentage of ATHEISTS among the total world's population, still NOW:

Quote:
Atheists comprise an estimated 2.01%


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

So is 97.99% of the total WORLD population wrong, and 2.01% right.

Highly unlikely is the answer to that, per any reasonable thinking person.

Atheism, truly is an illogical position, and the statistics prove it out.

Rational thinking people understand they DO NOT KNOW IT ALL.

TRULY It's as simple as that.


The most blatant abuse of argumentum ad populum i've ever witnessed.
Most people in the past believed the earth was flat... guess what.



AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

16 Nov 2014, 5:58 am

anthropic_principle wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Well, the fact of the matter is one can believe or entertain the belief in GOD/Spirit/LIFE FORCE supporting human being without belonging to a religion.

The smallest numbers ARE the Percentage of ATHEISTS among the total world's population, still NOW:

Quote:
Atheists comprise an estimated 2.01%


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

So is 97.99% of the total WORLD population wrong, and 2.01% right.

Highly unlikely is the answer to that, per any reasonable thinking person.

Atheism, truly is an illogical position, and the statistics prove it out.

Rational thinking people understand they DO NOT KNOW IT ALL.

TRULY It's as simple as that.


The most blatant abuse of argumentum ad populum i've ever witnessed.
Most people in the past believed the earth was flat... guess what.
The world is actualy round and has been proven time and time again! As time progresses the religious folks start to decline and realize their fairy tales and scare tactics arent working. Notice http://americanhumanist.org/HNN/details ... god-worldw creationism is a last resort to try and rebute real science but is failing as well in an alarming rate!


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,822
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

16 Nov 2014, 11:14 am

aghogday wrote:
Quote:
Atheists comprise an estimated 2.01%


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

So is 97.99% of the total WORLD population wrong, and 2.01% right.

I think it also shows that if someone came along today who was very consistently healing the sick, raising the dead, and were speaking deeply of the mysteries of either esoteric Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, or Islam - a lot of people would assume this person was highly enlightened (Oprah and Montell would probably try to snag him or her up for a few shows as well) and you'd also have corners of the world who'd be quite deeply convinced that this person was either the antichrist or an antichrist for not being of their particular to-the-letter creed. Odds in this direction - most would think there was at least 'something' to it. The group of people who cried fraud, scam, and gullibility/stupidity of the masses would be quite a vocal but also relatively small group compared to other reactions.

All of that of course might be dulled down being that there are already a lot of faith-healers running around out there all the way from Catholic and Protestant to reiki practitioners but I'd think that the amount of public notice that the person got would probably be the biggest determinant on whether people really paid much attention or not.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,540

16 Nov 2014, 11:33 am

Well what I presented was fact, not conjecture, and the fact is human beings for the most part are feeling creatures and feeling creatures feel more than empty words.

There are also folks who see tapestry like Forrest Gump and people who see details like Richard Dawkins.

Now to be clear these are generalizations, but that's what folks who see tapestry do.

And oh by the way, I see detail as SMALL as anyone here, per my GPA, college and work history that does PROVE that out also.

It's nice to see BOTH POINTS of view.

The thing is most people have great difficulty escaping the illusions of linguistic centric ways of expressing the essence of life and culture centric ways of tribal living, and excluding the other point of view, per the instinctual need for social acceptance.

That's why in the 'herd' you have some folks who refuse to see the point of view of atheists and refuse to see the point of view of fundamentalist Christians who are both, by the way, by very nature of mind per nurture and nature, literal and detail thinkers who cannot see metaphors in life clearly, overall. And yes, this is another generalization.

The FACT OF THE MATTER PER SCIENCE AND THE LANGUAGE OF GOD FOR SOME FOLKS WHO ARE Atheists is that GOD aka Mother Nature True is the Interdependent Relationship of all that IS per a FORCE THAT CONNECTS US ALL.

AND BY GOD, for anyone who can escape linguistic centric and cultural centric ways of viewing REALITY, It is obvious as the mountain on the FACE OF GOD, THAT IT IS THE SAME DAM THING, that Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, and 10 thousand other Philosophers ARE talking about through their lens of life

Science proves GOD now to BE REAL, YES SOMETHING TANGIBLE THAT WE CAN VIEW WITH THE AIDED EYE AND EAR.

AND IT matters NOT IF ONE CALLS GOD NATURE OR DOG.

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS WE ARE ALL CONNECTED AND THIS INTERCONNECTing FORCE THAT SOME FOLKS CALL GOD OR NATURE IS THE SAME DAM THING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE 'SMART' ENOUGH TO ESCAPE PRE-CONCEIVED NOTIONS ABOUT WHAT LANGUAGE AND THE CULTURE THAT CONTROLS THEM IS. And that has little to do with standard IQ per the ability to escape.

This is extremely hard to explain the tapestry part of this to a detail thinker (atheist) and is extremely hard to explain the science part of it to a detail thinker (Fundamentalist Christian) simply as they think rather than feel the world overall, and sometimes never FEEL AND OBSERVE THE TAPESTRY OF GOD IN THEIR LIFE.

WORDS are only empty shells without feeling.

But that's TAPESTRY TALK, NOT DETAIL TALK.

And it's fascinating to me, and part of why I became a REAL LIFE PHILOSOPHER AS A HOBBY.

AS WE ARE ARE ALL CONNECTED IF WE CAN COME TO SEE IT AND SCIENCE PROVES IT OUT AND THE SCIENTISTS IN THE FOLLOWING VIDEO ARE AS EXCITING ABOUT SHARING THE AMAZING TRUTH ABOUT MOTHER NATURE TRUE AS ANY FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN OUT IN THE STREET SPREADING IGNORANCE ABOUT THEIR WAY IS THE ONLY WAY.

THE TRUTH HERE IS THERE IS A WAY OF TRUTH AND THAT IS MOTHER NATURE TRUE per the beautiful and true video below. These SCIENTIST folks IN THE LEAGUE OF EINSTEIN see both detail and tapestry and Nature is just another name for GOD.

YES, OBVIOUSLY the same ONE folks who see tapestry have been talking about for thousands of years per TAO, DAO, CHI, KI, DHARMA, GREAT SPIRIT, KUNDALINI; YES, THE FORCE GOES ON AND THE LIST GOES ON.......THAT DESCRIBES GOD ONE AND SAME.....

But please don't take my word for it alone.

Listen to the scientists if you will, and see if you can see It AND FEEL IT aka GOD. :)

They can see IT, AND FEEL IT, and they are EXCITED ABOUT IT, FOR SURE, EVIDENCED AS FACT.

THE QUESTION IS CAN one ESCAPE LANGUAGE/Cultural Illusions, AND TRULY THAT IS an eye of a needle and a VERY large camel for some folks, at least.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk[/youtube]


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Last edited by aghogday on 16 Nov 2014, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.