Venting about companies lying and so called customer service

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 8:55 pm

This is what happened today, and this is how it usally goes when I have to call a company customer service line:

I was expecting a package from Fed Ex. The shipping emails I got all said it would come today. So that last tracking entry this morning was it was "out for delivery". It was something I was looking forward to getting. So I was waiting for it after work. it got around 630 PM, still noting so I called fed ex and after I gave them the tracking info, they told me it would still be here today, and to give them until 8 PM. So I hung up and waited some more. Just for kicks, I check the status online, now instead of saying its due for delivery today, it says estimated delivery NA. But it still says its out on the truck for delivery. Worried, I call them back about about 715 PM to ask whats up. Another person checks the status on there end and tells me the same thing the first person on the phone told me, that it would be here by 8 PM today.

So 8 PM gets here, nothing. I check the status online and now it says the no attempt was made for delivery and there is an exeption and its pushed back until tomorrow. Now I'm upset. I call them back and I ask for a supervisor. When the super comes on the line I explain the situation and ask why the driver made no attempt what so ever to get the package to me, and I asked why the last 2 people from the company lied to me about me getting my package tonight, and that the only way I would be pleased is if I was to get the package today as promised.

All the supervisor did was say he was sorry. Sorry does not help. He also said there is no way to get the package to me today. So I am picking it up tomorrow at my local fed ex ship place.

I really hate this crap. After me, as a customer tell him what they need to do to make it ok with me, all they say is "can't do that" and they don't make any effort at all to even try. Plus they try to tell me I was not lied to. When someone from a company tells me something and it does not happen, its a flat out lie. Why do they try and sugar coat it? This is the stuff that always happens with me. Something happens with a company I use and all they do is say "sorry, nothign we can do" and don't admit when they lie to you.

When I feel lied to I feel like I have no value and people don't care about me at all. I feel like nothing, like s**t, and companies think its OK to treat people like this.

Anyone else feel the same?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 9:42 pm

All true. I love how packages are now shipped by two or more couriers. Amazon.com ships initially by FedEx, then secondarily by UPS and finally home delivery by the U.S. Postal Service. And, this scheme is more efficient?!?

I always watch my shipments online and have seen my one, small, little box sit at a distribution facility for several days. Apparently this delay isn't because they are backed up, but because Amazon.com promises delivery in XX days, and, if they transport at a normal pace, it would arrive "too soon," where stalling the shipment means that it will arrive "on time." Huh?

While I am generally on the topic of Amazon.com, what is up with the bent and damaged goods that the company fobs off to unsuspecting customers? Amazon.com prides itself on its "green packaging." This means that they would rather ship a single BluRay disk with a complete set of wrenches in the same box with NO bubble wrap, NO shrink wrap and NO seperate boxes. They might as well ship a single dairy egg with a bowling ball and hope for the best. I have learned to order similar products (CDs or DVDs) in one order, clothing in the next order and hardware in still another order. They all arrive on the same day, but in much better condition.

But, there is a remedy. For those shipments that you absolutely, positively must have on time, or sooner, (and not damaged) pay the extra cost for expedited delivery. Then, and only then, does Amazon.com require its couriers to high-tail it to your front door.

Let's face it, there is no such thing as customer service anymore. Once they have your cash, they owe you nothing.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 1:36 am

KenM wrote:
...After me, as a customer tell him what they need to do to make it ok with me, all they say is "can't do that" and they don't make any effort at all to even try. Plus they try to tell me I was not lied to. When someone from a company tells me something and it does not happen, its a flat out lie. Why do they try and sugar coat it? This is the stuff that always happens with me. Something happens with a company I use and all they do is say "sorry, nothign we can do" and don't admit when they lie to you.

Logistically speaking it probably wasn't a lie, it was probably a best case scenario. Think of how many packages they deliver in a day. And the guys on the front line have to deal with traffic and whatever else comes up. I honestly can't believe the tracking system has any accuracy at all. But miraculously, sometimes it does.

And they probably couldn't get to your package at that time. It may still have been on the truck.

Quote:
When I feel lied to I feel like I have no value and people don't care about me at all. I feel like nothing, like s**t, and companies think its OK to treat people like this.

Don't place your value or worth on how you are treated by commercial companies. People are just walking dollar signs to them.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 5:16 am

If I feel lied to, then its a lie. Thats how I am. Sick and tired of companies not doing all they can for a customer and passing the buck.

I use verizion for my cell phone. About 2 years ago after a software updat for my phone, it was really messing up. I could'nt recive texts and other things. After talking on the phone phone with a tech person from them they said to get a new sim card. I go down to my verizion place and told them whats going on. They said that would'nt fix it. I asked them to fix my phone. They just shrugged and said since its a HTC google phone , its up to them to fix it.

I told them that I bought the phone there, the bill I pay every month says verizion, not HTC or google, and that since this is the point of sale and this was the company I am paying for my cell service, its there responsiblity to make sure my service and phone is running right.

They still could'nt do anything and I was lied to again.

This is the crap I go through.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 5:37 am

Cell phone companies are brutal. Contracts and whatnot. :roll:

KenM wrote:
If I feel lied to, then its a lie. Thats how I am.

Yeah, that sucks. But I still think you might consider that they didn't deliberately lie to you. I think it is a problem of organization rather than of malice. What would they have to gain by lying to you? As you found out, they're perfectly willing to tell you they can't help you.

But yeah, we are like slaves to commercial enterprise. I love having the internet and a cell phone, but when they fail, you realize how reliant we are on them and the providers.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 6:14 am

androbot01 wrote:
As you found out, they're perfectly willing to tell you they can't help you.

That is the worst thing they can tell me, as I feel they don't care when they say that. One time I was expecting 4 things from a smal company. They only sent me 3. I call them up and told them what happened. They said they would get back to me. Not even 15 minutes later, a guy calls me back and says; "we are sorry, we messed up, what can we do to fix it?"

Thats what all companies need to do instead of passing the buck.