Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 4:27 pm

I only really have three emotions. Happiness, fear and anger. However when I'm not having a meltdown or when I haven't had a happiness-inducing event, I feel no emotion, just logic and science.

Today I had a massive meltdown, got bruised in several places and nearly fractured my wrist. That was fear which then evolved into anger and then a meltdown. No logic was present there.

However once I managed to get 5% logic I took some medication and after an hour I started calming down.

Ever since I calmed down completely I have been devoid of emotion and now I am back to the Scientist-Logical person.

Does anyone else experience very limited emotions most of the time, but then suddenly switch into meltdown mode when something triggers it?

Additional: I know that having schizophrenia, I probably get restricted emotions (forgot the scientific term for it).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 4:30 pm

I'm glad your wrist is okay, though bruised.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 5:00 pm

Frustration, happiness and depression are my 3

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 5:18 pm

I am sorry you had such a meltdown. I hope you feel much better now. :heart:

I know that I feel more than three emotions, but my emotional range is very limited compared to others. I feel mostly fear, confusion, joy, elation, anger and depression/sadness. I have felt jealousy before but not often anymore. I think that is about it for me. Are there more emotions than that? I actually don't really know. I think there might be because it just seems like a short list to me.

Wreck It Ralph

unit_00
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2014, 11:11 pm

interesting. for me, my emotions are Good and Bad. mostly they are bad. i can sometimes break down the 'Bad' into upset, angry, and scared but not very often. i think i use upset and sad as the same thing. are they the same thing? i didn't realize i was like this until this year, it's a very startling realization. also, it's a bit like my emotions are in the very background, i'm not really conscious of them unless i concentrate. i'm not sure if in everyday i'm all logical or not, but i remember in high school wondering if i had emotions at all because i never felt anything.

i'm glad you are doing better. after a meltdown i go between feeling all the Bad at the same time and no emotion numbness. as the day goes on i get more of the no emotion thing. when did you realize you have a restricted emotional range? or were you told?

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 12:44 pm

I hope you are doing better today, OP. My three would be frustration, anger, euphoria (when I go shopping). Most of the time I am just "bleh" which means that I have no dominant emotion and am just "hanging out" or going with the flow. It's my "chill" time I guess. Unfortunately, it's this time when I have a blank face and people tend to think that I am mad. :?

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 12:57 pm

I usually feel zero emotion. When I do it is anger/frustration, depression or euphoria. All the extremes basically. And it can change pretty rapidly. I never know what to expect from day to day. It isn't very fun :|

When I have a blank face like right now, people usually think something is wrong. One time when I was feeling extremely frustrated, I decided to check the mirror to see my expression. I was expecting I looked at least a little angry. Nope, nothing. Sometimes I think I'm smiling and my mouth is just a straight line.

- Sherlock Holmes

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 1:08 pm

L_Holmes wrote:
I usually feel zero emotion. When I do it is anger/frustration, depression or euphoria. All the extremes basically. And it can change pretty rapidly. I never know what to expect from day to day. It isn't very fun :|

I am very similar.. Mine changes rapidly depending on my environment/ what is going on with the other people near me. If I run out of energy or someone is driving me crazy, then my extremes change quickly. I used to think that I was bipolar because one second I would seem to be find and then the next, I would be biting someone's head off-- but now I realize that I have either run out of energy or that that person is doing something extremely irritating and I've asked them to stop, with no avail.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 3:39 pm

Thanks. I had a moderate meltdown at uni today so not much better. My uni support worker managed to calm me down though. I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow and may get an increase in my meds, as extra meds are an attempt to reducing my meltdowns.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 4:52 pm

I can only really identify a few which are happy, super duper happy and angry. Though I'm sure I have more emotions but I don't really notice them, I'm assuming they're there but I don't really know.