If women hate sexual harassment...

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2014, 10:02 am

Why do they always have a big cocky smile on their face when the get "sexual harassed", and why doesn't anybody else notice it?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 10:18 am

Because it's probably only in your head.

Or you're probably confusing between mutually-consent flirting and harassement, not the same thing at all.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2014, 10:32 am

I've personally witnessed women initiating mutual flirtation with other guys, just to get guys in trouble.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 10:34 am

Then stay away from those women, as simple as that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 10:40 am

Better yet, report them and the men they flirt with. "Sexual Harassment" includes enacting public displays of affection in the presence of third parties -- a woman kissing her boyfriend in front of co-workers, for example, is harassment.

Oh, yes it is! Check with your lawyer -- you'll see.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 11:38 am

Aaendi wrote:
Why do they always have a big cocky smile on their face when the get "sexual harassed", and why doesn't anybody else notice it?

Where in the hell do you get this from?

Seriously, sometimes these posts make me scratch my head. No one is happy to be harassed, wtf.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2014, 12:12 pm

These women are not being harassed unless they feel they're being harassed. If some guy rudely comes on to a girl, and she likes it, it is not harassment. If another guy (whom she is not attracted to) does it, and she is upset by it, then it's harassment. I believe it all depends on how the person feels about it, and if they decide to press charges. Now in an office, I don't know. There are different politics in business. And my opinion comes from what I think the law is, here in the United States. And I am not a lawyer, so it's only an opinion.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 12:33 pm

Aaendi wrote:

I was not aware females always have a big cocky smile on their face when getting sexually harassed....never heard of that as most people in general don't like sexual harassment. Are you sure it is sexual harassment going on that they are smiling about, because that seriously makes no sense.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 1:13 pm

Dont say the thats what she said jokes around women in a work place or show affectionate interest and you'll be fine. If shes got a cocky smile maybe shes baiting you into flirting simply so she can get you fired or sue you for sexual harassment.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 1:30 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Dont say the thats what she said jokes around women in a work place or show affectionate interest and you'll be fine. If shes got a cocky smile maybe shes baiting you into flirting simply so she can get you fired or sue you for sexual harassment.

Do you actually have any proof of this? Or is it another one of your posts with baseless evidence?

I doubt most of us would know what a "cocky smile" is, as I would imagine there are a lot of people like myself who cannot read expressions at all.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 3:29 pm

You're probably mistaking an embarrassed smile or even a fear grin for a "big, cocky grin ".

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 3:31 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
You're probably mistaking an embarrassed smile or even a fear grin for a "big, cocky grin ".

Exactly this is a body language associated with fear, embarrassment and aggression.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 10:06 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

Exactly this is a body language associated with fear, embarrassment and aggression.

they are correct

SignOfLazarus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 1:33 am

Depending on the situation, honestly? Sometimes it is better for ones person to kind of play along while eyeing the exit.

These situations [bars and parties] are often started with clear signs or statements of no interest and then for above reasons, the tactic and response to the approach needs to change.

I'm not going to say NO woman EVER has flirted with a guy to get him in trouble. Just like I'm not going to say NO man EVER has flirted with a woman to get her in trouble. It happens.

The legit situations in any case- actual harassment of any gender toward any gender- outweigh the situations of misrepresentation by such a large degree that to use it as some kind of argument is really ridiculous.

I'm not trying to do the whole "cross to bare" thing here, because all the following is meant to do is provide some insight:

Being someone identified as female means that in a lot of situations involving males I often have to respond to situations very differently than a male might respond were they in my situation. If for financial or safety or other reasons that really should not come into play, sometimes I have to because I am not in a position to lose my job. This could potentially happen if I report harassment and it is not resolved in my favor, or worse- I have to continue to deal with the harassment likely to an elevated level. I don't always have the choice to say "F*** off!" and sometimes I have to try to figure out how to tell people that in a way that seems polite without repercussions.

I also don't often have the option to figure out whether Random Person Hitting On Me [stranger harassment] is just kind of an everyday jerk or someone who is truly violent and may hurt me. Responding in a way that is demure and not confrontational could be in my best interest. It doesn't mean I want the guys smoking together outside the diner forming basically a gauntlet when I walk by. The crappy thing is that I think there are some people who harass kind of understand this internal struggle and so for them if they don't get the right response they feel justified to elevate the harassment.

I think if you don't identify as female these things may not occur to you, unless you have actually been in this situation, but even then there are still fewer males who experience this day in and day out. Some do.
I totally get that things might not just magically be understood though and I'm not trying to come down hard on anyone for that. It's kind of impossible to know something other than your lived experience unless you learn it from someone else.

I think if you aren't the kind of person to harass others than yeah, a lot of these responses can be even more confusing from the outside. And this way of kind of... constant defense is not because every male is evil or going to hurt me. Actually most people are good. But the problem is that I can't ever actually know.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 9:34 am

Aaendi wrote:

I do not agree that they 'always' or even often have such a reaction. Are you saying this in a limited context, such as at school, etc ?

But that response when it happens, I would think very like what happens when you go up to some guy and say 'Shut up or I am going to kick your ass.' The smile is to try and show they are not afraid or intimidated by you.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 9:59 am

Who_Am_I wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^