Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 4:27 am

I found this a while ago and tried it and just rediscovered it. Of course,it doesn't cater for all kinds of intelligence, but I found it pretty difficult to do. 1-5 correct is average, 6-11 is somewhat intelligent, 12-18 is intelligent and 19+ is genius.

33 questions. No time limit. I am still working on it, but in the last hour or just under, I have managed to do 29 right. Was hoping for 30 but I have not slept in like 24 hours lol.

If nothing else, it will get you thinking and provide a challenge to some.

Intelligence Test

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

08 Mar 2007, 4:30 am

I don't think I'll take this one, it looks too hard!

Must mean I'm pretty stupid... *dumb face*

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 4:32 am

I thought that to begin, but it is a matter of thinking things like...days in a year, degrees in this, angles in that etc etc, that is what most of it is, just everything is abbreviated. I got stuck on the last 3 and the 5th up. I am hoping to work on them after sleep lol.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

08 Mar 2007, 4:39 am

Ah, okay. At first I thought it was Algebra and I was like "How the f#$@ am I supposed to know this!?!"

Is one 2 of E, M and C? :lol: (E=MC squared)

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 4:42 am

KBABZ wrote:
Ah, okay. At first I thought it was Algebra and I was like "How the f#$@ am I supposed to know this!?!"

Is one 2 of E, M and C? :lol: (E=MC squared)

Oh God, no. Had it been that, I would have got 0 out of 33, most likely lol. I am useless at most maths. It is all facts, essentially, and on occasion, sayings. I can just see someone lying in the bath or in bed with something like S of 0 is B running through their head as they try and work out what the hell the abbreviations are for.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 12:50 pm

I shall take this test....

Edit: Nevermind.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 1:13 pm

I have all the answers.

This is a MENSA quiz.

The answers I gave to 24 and 32 are correct, but I don't know why the test isn't marking them as such. I had to guess about some, but the remark about "cultural bias" at the end gave me a clue as to what sports were being discussed. And 19 gave me some trouble, but I thought it out. It isn't that bad. It is actually fun to get your brain to decode these statements.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 1:30 pm

I got to 6, and I am stuck. Wait...AHA! Yes, I got it now! ...up to 11...My patience has run out. "I'm somewhat intelligent."

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 1:31 pm

dexkaden wrote:
I have all the answers.

This is a MENSA quiz.

The answers I gave to 24 and 32 are correct, but I don't know why the test isn't marking them as such. I had to guess about some, but the remark about "cultural bias" at the end gave me a clue as to what sports were being discussed. And 19 gave me some trouble, but I thought it out. It isn't that bad. It is actually fun to get your brain to decode these statements.

Didn't realise it is a MENSA quiz, but considering it was 9am and I hadnt been to bed, I think I did ok lol. I just got tired of trying to figure out the last 3 and the 5th up. I plan on trying those again later.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 1:33 pm

dexkaden wrote:
The answers I gave to 24 and 32 are correct

I don't want to give the answers away but there is some spelling issue in the latter case. I got a spelling from one source and I didn't work and from another and it did.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 1:34 pm

jimservo wrote:
dexkaden wrote:
The answers I gave to 24 and 32 are correct

I don't want to give the answers away but there is some spelling issue in the latter case. I got a spelling from one source and I didn't work and from another and it did.

If that is the question starting with 1000 then I had the same issue...

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 2:12 pm

It is, and I can't figure out why because according to three dictionaries, I am right and the test is wrong. Perhaps I should get bonus points. If you are having trouble with number 5, look to numbers 9 and 22 for help. Number 31 is the one that gave me the hardest time, and I actually had to do a little research on that one. If you can't figure that one out, use the answer to 17 to give you the country of origin and go from there. And for 33, just think of Captain Jack Sparrow and his rum. And if you need help with 29, think Vladimir Kramnik.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 4:05 pm

Is that 64 spaces on a chess board ?? I've gotten 19, but had to look to the dictionary for clues. (Must be getting old or something.)

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 4:07 pm

Got it ! ! 64 squares ! !!

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 4:22 pm

Oy stop giving hints to other people, lol. Now I know the answer to one I got stuck on so it renders the extra point invalid for me grrrr. I didn't use anything to help me, I just sat staring at the questions until something came into my head.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 4:58 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Oy stop giving hints to other people, lol. Now I know the answer to one I got stuck on so it renders the extra point invalid for me grrrr. I didn't use anything to help me, I just sat staring at the questions until something came into my head.

See, you're good. I didn't, either, so I'm good, too. :) I just happened to have taken this quiz before. (Got all the answers right, then, too.)8) But you still get bonus points if you figure out the 1000 answer because I SWEAR there is a spelling issue with the computer's answer.