Woman attacks man, man spends 4 days in jail

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 6:55 am

http://nypost.com/2014/11/13/man-whose- ... ne-before/

Quote:
The man who was attacked on an F train by women who mocked his 1980s-style 8-ball jacket will not be charged with assault for hitting one of them because he acted in self-defense, the Manhattan District Attorney?s Office said on Wednesday.

Quote:
The woman who allegedly hit Peña with her stiletto boot, Danay Howard, 21, and Shanique Campbell, 20, who clobbered Peña with her purse, were charged with felony assault.

Perhaps justice will be done here, for once, but it remains to be seen whether they'll get convicted.

Quote:
Peña plans to sue the city over his four days spent in jail after his arrest

... but even so, he still spent 4 days in jail, despite the video footage! If it wasn't for that, he'd be screwed. I really hope he wins his lawsuit.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 12:13 pm

I hope he wins, I would like to know if he will sue any persons such as his two attackers as well.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 12:48 pm

When will women cease their unstoppable wave of violence against men? Every time I pick up a newspaper, I read of women beating men, murdering men, raping men. It's a war on men, I tell you!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 8:00 pm

This kind of news no longer surprises me.

I once witnessed my neighbor get attacked by his wife as soon as he stepped out of the car after coming home from work. She sliced him with a knife several times. As he lay there bleeding, she was laughing her head off. Some of us intervened and gave him first aid while she screamed "Cheater!" and cursed him while trying to prevent us from helping him.

When the cops arrived, they put cuffs on him before asking anyone any questions. Even though we all made statements that the attack was unprovoked, he was read his rights and hauled away while the wife calmly and quietly told the officers that she was the real victim. She wasn't handcuffed, and the cops did not take her away.

He was eventually cleared, but only after about a week in police custody, and only after several women (who also witnessed the incident) filed sworn statements on his behalf.

Did he cheat on his wife? Who knows? Would it have justified his wife's attempt to murder him? NO! Did he deserve to be treated like a criminal? Certainly not!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Nov 2014, 10:03 pm

he's lucky there was somebody filming it or else he'd probably would still be in jail

people need to learn to keep their hands to themselves

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 1:33 am

Fnord wrote:
This kind of news no longer surprises me.

I once witnessed my neighbor get attacked by his wife as soon as he stepped out of the car after coming home from work. She sliced him with a knife several times. As he lay there bleeding, she was laughing her head off. Some of us intervened and gave him first aid while she screamed "Cheater!" and cursed him while trying to prevent us from helping him.

When the cops arrived, they put cuffs on him before asking anyone any questions. Even though we all made statements that the attack was unprovoked, he was read his rights and hauled away while the wife calmly and quietly told the officers that she was the real victim. She wasn't handcuffed, and the cops did not take her away.

He was eventually cleared, but only after about a week in police custody, and only after several women (who also witnessed the incident) filed sworn statements on his behalf.

Did he cheat on his wife? Who knows? Would it have justified his wife's attempt to murder him? NO! Did he deserve to be treated like a criminal? Certainly not!

Does this have anything to do with the so-called "primary aggressor laws"?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 3:13 am

The video is hilariously...sad.

Was she intoxicated out of her mind? I have no idea how anyone could behave so uncivilized.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Nov 2014, 3:25 am

Dillogic wrote:
The video is hilariously...sad.

Was she intoxicated out of her mind? I have no idea how anyone could behave so uncivilized.

I read that she and her friends were drunk but obviously that is no excuse, I figure she just expected him to take it and not doing anything

Mr. Pena was remarkably restrained and was taking it in stride too until she struck him, he really didn't have a choice at that point and he still showed restraint by not close fisted punching her which could seriously hurt her considering that fact he is 6'6" and a former minor league pitcher that could throw 98 MPH.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 4:37 pm

I have my fingers crossed in hopes that this guy wins this case. I also hope that he keeps wearing his 8-Ball jacket, because I also think it rocks. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 1:34 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I have my fingers crossed in hopes that this guy wins this case. I also hope that he keeps wearing his 8-Ball jacket, because I also think it rocks. 8)

+1! :ninja: