Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

JohnnyC
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Dec 2014, 10:35 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
I just watch other people play it, the commentary can get pretty intense at times.

Ok cool John c

Ohdannyboy

10 Dec 2014, 1:06 am

I play because I was in the perfect age group when it got big (5 in 1999)
Iv'e loved it ever since
the creator having autism is a plus tho

SpaceAgeBushRanger
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2014, 2:15 am

I just like RPGs, and the Pokemon games are fairly simple RPGs that you can plow through when you've got other things going on in your life. I like the second generation best, because I think Gamefreak tried the most innovation with that one, although I haven't tried the most recent games. The plot is good as well, with the half-hearted return of Team Rocket and continued voluntary exile.

I liked the Gameboy Colour version of the Trading Card Game. I've never played with the actual trading cards, but I really got into the videogame version.

It makes sense that the guy who invented the concept is autistic. I remember reading somewhere that he was into catching insects as a child, and I did that sort of thing as well. I guess it makes the games a bit better, I do like things done by autistic people.

Given how the inhabitants of the Pokemon world focus on their pets, it would be difficult to diagnose any as showing significant autistic tendencies. Since I'm in that sort of mode, I'll suggest that copy-cat girl from Saffron City as a candidate. And for a laugh, that kid in the comfortable shorts.

If you're a big Pokemon fan who is comfortable with emulation, I highly recommend getting into hacked roms. They range from the insane to the inane, with the best being Pokemon Brown. Pokemon Brown is basically a new second generation game, with new towns, story, everything! It is a surreal experience, playing through new environments and plots with unfamiliar graphics.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 2:41 am

SpaceAgeBushRanger wrote:
I just like RPGs, and the Pokemon games are fairly simple RPGs that you can plow through when you've got other things going on in your life.

Huh. I've never ploughed through a Pokemon game in my life. I take my time and relish them, so they'll last longer. Because there is little so enjoyable for me as playing Pokemon. They are my fave games.
I also really obsess over which Pokemon to make part of my team. I wish the games would allow for gaining more experience points from battling wild Pokemon so it was easier to level up more Pokemon.

SpaceAgeBushRanger wrote:
I liked the Gameboy Colour version of the Trading Card Game.

I very much like it too. I just wish they had made a newer one, which included all the new cards.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 1:29 pm

Gotta catch 'em all, that's why

Seriously though, I'm a PokeManiac from way back. Got into it with the original Red & Blue, and while it's been very slow going I've kept up with the main series ( need to get back into Omega Ruby, HeartGold and White 2, as well as the post game for White & X ) and I've caught almost all 716 Pokemon at least once each.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 12:57 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
Gotta catch 'em all, that's why

Seriously though, I'm a PokeManiac from way back. Got into it with the original Red & Blue, and while it's been very slow going I've kept up with the main series ( need to get back into Omega Ruby, HeartGold and White 2, as well as the post game for White & X ) and I've caught almost all 749 Pokemon at least once each.

Had to fix that, there are 749 Pokemon....716 is the number of trophies in Smash Bros Wii U ( which I will never get all of without a power save.... )