What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 196 of 251 [ 4001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 251  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 9:59 am

I had nightmares about a bad person from my past. He kept appearing everywhere I went and I didn't even have my dog with me for protection. I was in a shop and he walked in the door so I ducked between clothing racks and was crawling on the ground to escape. I wasn't sure if he saw me but someone whispered that he had. I wanted to pull the fire alarm to evacuate the shop and alert first responders but it was up too high on the wall; I would need to stand up in order to reach it. He kept appearing over and over again, even in my house. He just kept staring at me from a distance. At one point in the dream he was driving past me in a convertible and he drove into open water like a big cesspool or a tsunami. His car was spinning rapidly but he was buckled in and screaming for help so he wouldn't drown. People were rushing to help him. I was trying to explain what he'd done to me in the past so he would stand trial again, if he survived.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 10:00 am

... I was falling ... falling ... falling ... and I felt cold ... so very, very cold ... then I was standing on a solid surface in complete darkness ... voices whispering all around me ... one spoke, saying "Not his time yet" ... another spoke, saying "Send him back"... then a rushing sound, as if a violent wind ...

Then I woke up.

:tired:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2020, 10:04 am

^^^i hope you get a cardiac workup.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2020, 1:18 am

another black dream where i'm asleep but am aware at the dreaming level, that i'm in a black place.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2020, 3:06 am

i dreamt i was in a closed record store [remember records, those black flat plastic round things?], the lights were off, it was in a shopping mall so was still lit from in front by the promenade lighting of the mall concourse. i was hearing, over the store's sound system, muzak versions of various contemporary pop hits.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2020, 9:56 pm

I dreamt that I was fulfilling the duties of employment at my place of employment. I was helping a more seasoned employee stock shelves in order to make sure was ready for the day.

The manager walked in and gave his approval. A pair of other employees walked in with one opening the store allowing for some customers to enter. The customers began shopping as the pair of employees opened registers to check everything was in order and the manager introduced me to my co-workers.

Suddenly, the building rocked like an earthquake for about several minutes. After the rocking finished, a new customer entered the store.

The customer was none other than my unhinged mom, who revealed a sharp object to everyone present.

She asked me, "What are you doing?!"

I said back to her, "I am working. What the hell is your problem?"

She jumped at a customer and tackled the customer to the floor.

The dream cut to black and I woke up because I needed to pee.

(I found my first job just the other day. Training will begin soon and the earliest I will begin working is this September.)

Basil342
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jun 2020, 11:27 pm

I always have nightmares or nothing. For as long as I can remember. I don't have a single memory of a "good" dream. They are very real when I'm in them. I can smell, taste, touch, feel pain... really the only thing that gives away I'm dreaming is that I can't read. It looks like English/Russian/Korean letters and I can't understand any of it. They never end well for me. I typically die some horrific death. I won't go into any more detail than that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2020, 12:02 am

i dreamt i was with my late mother and father, they took me to an overgrown gone-to-seed nature preserve, the grass there was waist-high and there were no more animals there. we all got in a lear jet and soared up into the sky, following a cargo plane whose cargo door opened and dumped out an electric water tank, the kind in your or my house. it plummeted like a bomb, and we all wondered why they did that and how much damage would be done to it as well as what it hit when it reached the ground, but then it slowed down and gently landed in a bush next to an abandoned caretaker's house. we landed, then mom and dad got out of the plane and ran away, i ran to keep up with them but they outran me, then i awoke. :huh:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 4:42 am

i dreamt i was with my brother and his wife, we were in a rental house on vacation someplace near the beach. mebbe it was a future dream, they were pretty old.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 9:32 am

I don’t remember most of my dreams last night, but I do remember that at the end of one I said something like “It’s okay, I’m just dreaming.” Then someone else said “No, you aren’t.” In reply I said “Yes I am - and it’s time to wake up...now.” And I woke up. I seem to be increasingly able to tell when I’m dreaming, and also able to wake myself up or alter things in dreams. Perhaps lucid dreaming is in my not-too-distant future?

Another dream, I don’t remember part of it involved an aquatic creature resembling a giant skinless snake, and I told someone “You only asked me to convince it to eat clams. You didn’t ask me to tell it not to eat the trash can.”

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 12:56 pm

^^^those are part and parcel of lucid dreaming :king:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 9:43 pm

i seem to be having weaker dreams as i grow old. :bigsmurf:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2020, 7:28 am

i dreamt i was in my room, i was trying to clear space on top of my desk, but as i was moving stuff around i found a hidden razor blade, i reached for it and fumbled and it flew into the air but when i looked down my right index finger was half-sliced-off at the first distal knuckle, bloodlessly but i could see down into my finger and the split knuckle joint which was red like meat. i cursed and as i thought about how i was gonna fix that, i awoke.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2020, 7:56 am

auntblabby wrote:
i seem to be having weaker dreams as i grow old. :bigsmurf:

Same here.

I used to be able to lucid dream some years ago.

It is the remembering of the dream I have most problems with.

I think the dreams I have can still be quite disturbing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2020, 8:22 am

^^mebbe it is better then in this case, that you don't recall too many of 'em? like a saving grace?

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 8:13 pm

I had a dream last night that almost seemed like the merging of a movie (but with cars instead of horse and buggy and taking place in a city instead of in a mining camp) with a tv show.

The movie was Paint Your Wagon starring Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood and the tv show was Top Chef. Instead of looking for gold, they were trying to win a cooking competition.

During the dream, there was a background of the music from Paint Your Wagon and, oddly enough, some variation on the theme song from Charade which starred Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant.