What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 203 of 251 [ 4001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 251  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 2:40 pm

I had a dream this morning in which there was a mama cat sitting in front of me. I pet it a few times and it purred every time. Then I got to looking and it had kittens. Something like 30 to 40 kittens! There were tiny kittens everywhere. I wondered how the cat could take care of that many kittens.

Then some lawyer showed up and told me that I have to vote against kittens. I refused to vote against kittens and we ended up at a legal impasse.

So I went outdoors. Looking around, I saw that I was on the bottom of what looked like a dry lake bed with a buildup of ice and a dusting of snow. Around were mounds of ice covered rock that had once been islands. It was clear that the next glaciation of this ice age was upon us.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2020, 7:32 pm

I had another dream about a cat this morning! Actually, it appears to be three connected dreams but not necessarily the same dream.

In Part 1, I was at a baseball game in the town when a cat came onto the field and watching them try to get the cat off of the field was funny. Then the cat started showing up to the games but in the stands where people would pet it and feed it snacks. The cat quickly became beloved by the town and became known as "Wonder Cat".

In Part 2, it was discovered that Wonder Cat didn't really belong to anyone. It was a cat who would wander around on its own but had a couple of "homes" where it would be fed and taken care of. It was quite tame and good natured and was not considered to be a feral cat.

We actually have a cat or two like that in my town. I've been at someone's house when there were scratching noises at the door. The homeowner would walk over to the door and let the cat in and feed it. After the cat had eaten and inspected everything, it would go back to the door and patiently wait for the owner to come open the door. From what I understand, there are others in town who will feed it as well. I've seen the cat blocks from where the homeowner lived. He doesn't seem to be interested in baseball, though.

So in the dream, someone adopted Wonder Cat and took it with them when they moved to California. The entire town missed his presence at baseball games.

In Part 3, it was discovered that Wonder Cat had died in California under some peculiar circumstances Someone had the owner ship the body back here so that we could have a funeral. The funeral for Wonder Cat took place at the baseball field with pretty much the whole town in attendance and then a funeral procession formed to take him out to bury him nearby. Most of the funeral procession was drunk and so the first time they stopped to let someone take a leak, everyone got out and took a leak. Then, since they were all stopped and out of the cars, they buried Wonder Cat there.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2020, 6:33 pm

i dreamt it was a grayish clear evening in the fall, about a half hour before dusk. i was in my late folks' old house that i grew up in. i was closing the windows and curtains for the evening as a caretaker. i looked out the front corner window [living room] and saw the cat was on the porch wanting in, i lifted the windows screen and it jumped through the window, and was so happy to be inside that it loudly purred and rubbed itself on the carpeting. then i awoke.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 5:15 am

Lot of cat dreams lately.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 3:35 pm

I had a dream this morning that it started raining on me while I was wearing my good hat. It was really pouring down rain in the dream. In response to the rain, it started building up a thick, black sludge on top of the brim and underneath the brim. When I tried to clean it, it just got worse and worse.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2020, 3:02 am

i dreamt i was out in the front yard of my late folks' house, as it was back in the 00s. the sky was all red, fiery red and undulating, and i saw jupiter and saturn up close, really close as they appeared as large as two full moons each, they were aflame. i went inside the garage behind me and my mom and older brother was in there, we were all going through boxes of white grapes [translucent in the dream] my mom picked off the grape arbor out back, many of them were gored by birds, i tossed those out back. then i awoke.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2021, 2:28 pm

Had a dream.
Not bothering the details much on this one, except whatever role I was playing then was rather meek, submissive and concerned accomodating donor of sorts, doing whatever invasive stuff voluntarily.

*I* on the other hand am suspicious and coaxed the questions despite supposedly knowing what it was reasonably for.
As if I'm seeing this other life in another worlds thing partially.

Then another came up -- It's that weird post apocalyptic world again with weird spatial like physics like half of my otherworld dreams do.

But this world settled down better than the last time I've been in it.
This time, apparently, I'm formless and able to float and see without eyes...
For some reason I own a house on the top of some hospital building owned by... My sister?

Only slept for like 3 hours.
Now I'm awake. I cannot go back to sleep no thanks to sneezing and heartburn.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Last edited by Edna3362 on 02 Jan 2021, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2021, 2:30 pm

I attended a Ministry w/ Whitney Houston concert.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 1:17 am

^^^that is an interesting dream in terms of what may have caused it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2021, 7:34 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^that is an interesting dream in terms of what may have caused it.

Nothing obvious actually - it was just a normal night and no contact that I remember with either Ministry, Whitney Houston, or questionable pizza. Maybe melatonin but I do that every night and I don't get the nicotine patch dreams from it that a lot of people seem to.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2021, 5:02 am

i dreamt i was driving my new used Cadillac on the long circuit road up to Port Angeles WA. i was going to a hotel to meet with another WPer who shall remain anonymous. i was staying in a deluxe hotel room with a view of the Straits of Juan de Fuca. the extra-large room had an extra-large bathroom with a unique combination toilet and bathtub, it was too precious for me to piddle in so i did it in the sink instead.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 1:12 am

dreamt i was in a big city, walking on the sides of big buildings that were horizontal rather than vertical. to get to the next building i'd have to walk over to where the sidewalk was, the parked cars hanging from the curb sideways notwithstanding, and walk over to the next building on the vertical edge [sideways] of the curb, jump down to the wall, avoid the doorway and walk on the stone between the windows until i reached the edge/top, i'd look over and see the tops of the other buildings a distance away. there were no other people around. it did not seem unusual in the dream.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 6:28 am

Sunday morning, I had a dream about a tornado. I was in a gas station and looked out the window and saw a tornado from about half a mile away. Then the tornado got moving. Real tornados can move fairly quickly, but nothing like this tornado. It was zooming back and forth like a teenage boy with no sense in a dune buggy. After a bit, it came right by the gas station. Everyone in ducked behind a wall. It didn't hit the station, but did blow the awning down in front of the station. We all got out without injury and then watched it disappear in the distance. At the rate that tornado was going, it could be a couple of thousand of miles away by now.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 8:27 am

kokopelli wrote:
Sunday morning, I had a dream about a tornado. I was in a gas station and looked out the window and saw a tornado from about half a mile away. Then the tornado got moving. Real tornados can move fairly quickly, but nothing like this tornado. It was zooming back and forth like a teenage boy with no sense in a dune buggy. After a bit, it came right by the gas station. Everyone in ducked behind a wall. It didn't hit the station, but did blow the awning down in front of the station. We all got out without injury and then watched it disappear in the distance. At the rate that tornado was going, it could be a couple of thousand of miles away by now.

Some of the dreams I've had which have made the strongest impression is when some particular element of the dream almost seemed to be jumping off the background in terms of intensity or specificity or even seems to be trying to voyerize my attention (a bit like your tornado seemed to be doing to emphasizing its chaotic nature to you).

The few times I dreamt about giants it went in the direction of hyper-specific detail or nights where my sense of time made it feel like I'd slept 24 hours. Otherwise some audio element within a particular context gets tuned way up. Sometimes there's a massive waive of trepidation as if something very high-velocity is coming, I'll watch the wind react, all of the grass and bushes will scream, and whatever comes in then makes a grand entrance as if it were trying to make maximum effect on me. Other times there's just be spirals of unusual activity like the whole world sort of erupting in urgency to get my attention on something.

I maybe have half a dozen or a dozen dreams that I remember from my 30's that either had deeply unusual combinatorial characteristics (the whole set and setting was markedly different from what I'd usually dream about), much more pronounced themes or elements, and in one case I actually had a dream about a vocal habit of what would be a new coworker in three months and I didn't hear her make the particular sound in my dream until maybe a few months after she started (in which case it was one of her 'ism's).

A side note - a ceremonial magician I ran into a while back mentioned having a dream about a tornado, it turned out to be Hecate tapping him on the shoulder. That's where this stuff gets interesting, most dreams aren't that memorable but the ones that are often times stand out by orders of magnitude and that's where I get the impression that something interesting might be happening.

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 11:02 am

I always write down my dreams if they're fun enough. I've a lot of adventurous/action movie like dreams, but very random.

Last one I remember, I was roaming around in africa and found an empty house. It turned out Bilbo Baggins lived there and I came to live with him. I went out in the bushes each day to swing around branches like a monkey, but Bilbo didn't approve of that. He was kind of strict and mean, so one day I ran away. I jumped into a river and kept swimming until I swam up some pipes which led me to a water park. I decided to lay low there. When night came, police arrived at the gates of the water park and Bilbo was with them, looking for me. I didn't want him to find me so I disguised myself by putting on a different pair of socks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 11:26 am

i was driving home late at night, i couldn't keep the car centered on the road for some reason, i kept drifting to the right off the road onto the gravel patch, it was very loud just like real life in my dream when i did this. then i noticed i was driving about 20 miles per hour over the speed limit but i couldn't slow down until i saw some black and white cows on the far right side of the road, they were bending down as though feeding but there was only rocks and gravel on the side of the road where they were at, no grass- so i don't know why they were doing that or doing there so late at night instead of sleeping. i slowed way down and drove on the far left to give them a wide berth, somehow i started driving backwards while staring at them, and then one got made at me and gave chase but was rudely shoved back over to the right by a humongous blocky black 70s station wagon that impatiently passed us all.