What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 245 of 251 [ 4001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248 ... 251  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 10:33 pm

I wish. ^

I had a brutal week, but maybe when my life calms down I can get back into lucid dreaming, or more.

I'm lucky I slept at all but Imovane seems to work a lot better than Ambien or Dayvigo.

I took Imovane years ago but forgot all about it.

Ten stars for actually giving me REM.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 10:47 pm

that could be an endorsement of a useful product. how much would you recommend this med for others?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2024, 10:57 pm

It's hard to say. My sleep is sooo disordered I can't really compare myself to others. In my case it doesn't seem to do anything profound when I take it - no high, no sudden drowsiness. I just feel like I imagine a normal person might feel, getting in bed and falling asleep (with earplugs, six blindfolds, a mouthguard, nightmare medication, a weighted blanket, and blackout curtains ... at around 3 am which is an hour or so after I take it). I guess none of that is normal.

Then I go to sleep for about five hours, which is a big improvement on my previous 2 to 4 hours. When I wake up I'm all drowsy and warm and I sometimes doze off again for a few minutes. I only started back on them on Monday, during my week from hell, but I was still able to feel good and content upon waking. I've NEVER done that before that I recall.

I took Ambien every day for at least ten years, until last spring. Ambien only gave me 2 to 4 hours of sleep and it's also a hypnotic which causes amnesia. That means even if I managed to hit REM sleep I wouldn't remember many dreams. Last spring I switched to Dayvigo which is known for causing weird dreams. I slept so little on it, it felt like a placebo. I didn't really dream much at all. Nothing was weird about the handful of short, boring dreams I had. Mind you, I do take nightmare meds with all my sedatives so maybe that counteracted the weird dreams I was supposed to get on Dayvigo. Dayvigo was crap, imo.

I was going to ask for Ambien again but my doctor said I should go back to Imovane which is what I took about 25 years ago. I barely remembered the name. So far, so good. It's not a miracle cure. I still have insomnia, but at least I get REM and I don't wake up feeling like an amnesiac zombie.

I'm allowed to take it every night, by the way. I changed my ADHD meds at the same time as they were adding to my insomnia. I hope this will all be a change for good.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2024, 10:19 pm

Last week I dreamt that my son came upstairs with a live brown horse.
It had super tall legs almost like stilts.
He told me her name was Violet.

He took Violet out to the back garden where there was another horse.
Then the man who lives behind me had a horse.

Violet was the tallest and most beautiful one.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 1:09 am

Ken was here, in this room.

He looked as he did when I last saw him (very thin, but not as thin as he became later on.)
He was in the same pyjamas.

The good part is that he was standing up, talking, and being very animated.
Other than being thin he was acting totally normal like his old self.
He had all his beloved mannerisms and his voice was healthy.

sdkfks;dfj
dkfjs;

sdkfjsdk;fjsd;

I wish I could remember what he was saying.

:heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 2:44 am

i dreamt my sweetie and me were in a big building in an unnamed little town, a weird congruence as big buildings usually are in big cities.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2024, 3:19 am

The other morning I dreamed I was looking at the stars in the night sky but then they turned into something like comets, one of them hit the Earth and sent up a mushroom cloud. I woke up with my heart beating fast.

I've had nightmares about nukes for years, but it's not surprising why I'd have one now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 9:43 pm

i dreamt i was with my sweetie in the midwest somewhere, in a large city. it was evening, and we went to a theatre but a young woman beckoned us to follow her to the rear of the building and there we saw a hidden door open up, inside we went into a laboratory with lots of exotic electronics and computers in it. there was a supercomputer based not on silicon but on DNA, that worked millions of times faster than any known supercomputer and could solve heretofore unsolvable problems. in the employee breakroom we snacked on various little foods. then we had to leave for some reason, and the hidden room led to an underground parkway leading to the local municipal airport, at which point my sweetie disappeared, and i looked all over for her until some woman in gray cardigan sweater beckoned me and told me my sweetie'd been sequestered by security. then i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 9:57 pm

i dreamt i was with an army buddy that had stayed in the army, i somehow popped up in his reality and he was trying to get me out of there before i was caught unauthorized as a visitor on a high security army base, he helped me score somebody's discarded class A uniform and i tucked my hair up under my cap and proceeded to walk off the base.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 12:09 am

i dreamt i was back at work in the operating room, i had to hurry up and find the right type of surgical curettes to complete the surgery. the patient and surgeons were patient and just chatted to pass the time while i rounded up the instruments.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 3:36 pm

i dreamt i wandered through a series of empty houses.

Bestiola
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Feb 2024, 5:18 pm

My bra was as big as armour, I felt like a knight in a shining bra.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 5:21 pm

Bestiola wrote:

So the opposite of warrior princess characters, who usually have armour the size of a bra. :P

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Bestiola
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Feb 2024, 5:31 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Bestiola wrote:

So the opposite of warrior princess characters, who usually have armour the size of a bra. :P

lol something like that, yes. :jester:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 3:51 pm

I dreamt I had a steel and wood pipe sticking out from my right upper thigh, I took an ax and chopped it off and immediately awoke. :o

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 2:09 pm

I dreamt I was in somebody's [unfamiliar] living room, all done up in dark blue and burgundy wallpaper and carpeting and lit with just a table lamp. I was sitting at the rear of the room on a couch, and my late sister was sitting on another couch next to the front door. some woman entered the room from out of frame, and sat on my left on the couch I was sitting on. she engaged me in conversation, then another person, this one a brunet young man dressed in red t-shirt and blue jeans, sat on my right. they both discussed my personal attributes, but there was no embarrassment, just matter of fact, they were trying to tell me what I could do to improve my life. then another woman, a blonde, entered the room, and made the other people [including my sister] go away, and she started talking to me about her life as well as life in a philosophical sense. then I awoke.