What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 191 of 251 [ 4001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194 ... 251  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2020, 2:43 pm

In the context of (sleep) dreams, the term 'weird' can be a relative term - that is if (sleep) dreams most often contained normal, everyday familiar content, it can be considered well...........weird.

Enclosed is a new discussion-thread, 'Any Interesting (Sleep) Dreams Lately?'
viewtopic.php?t=385906

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2020, 2:56 pm

Last night I dreamed that I was driving a south of town and headed south. The truck was actually self driving and I was there to control it.

At some point on the highway, it stopped. I got out to check out why and it took off without me. I tried to catch it but couldn't.

Eventually, a car came along and stopped and gave me a ride to town. I couldn't find everyone so I asked at the convenience store (we only have the one) and was told that they were all out at a big party north of town. So I caught a ride out to the party.

They were surprised to see me because they thought I was working. I told them what happened and they convinced me that I needed to find the truck. One of them gave me a ride back to where I was stranded.

I started walking south from there and after a while someone came along and gave me a ride for a few miles. Then some more walking and flagged down someone driving north to ask about the truck. By this time it was dark. I was told that they saw the truck sitting on the road about ten miles to the south so they gave me a ride to the truck.

I climbed in and started to continue when I realized that I wouldn't arrive in time to deliver the contents. So I turned around and drove back to the party. Someone asked me what I was carrying and I answered "Just some Pappy's" (Pappy Van Winkle bourbon). I spent the rest of the night fighting everyone to keep them from drinking the cargo.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 11:45 am

I invited the postman into my house for a visit. We were looking at a series of little rubber collector dolls which you were supposed to sit over the edge of the kitchen countertop with their knees bent. I had a few of them and he was really impressed. I was trying to buy one which was Betty from Betty & Veronica. (In real life I don't even know who that is, but I know the name). The Betty doll had short dark hair. I wanted it badly but it was hard to find. When the postman left I chased him on the road because I realised it was his birthday and I had a gift for him. I gave him a new down-filled duvet in one of those clear, zippered packages. I had tied a white bow onto the handle. I said he likely needed a new duvet because it would be tiring to be a postman and walk all day. He thanked me but said that he gets really hot at night and doesn't like a lot of covers. He refused the gift. I was thinking of getting him a thin muscle shirt to sleep in when I woke up.

I vaguely recall having the song "STOP - Oh yes - wait a minute Mr. Postman!" in my head as I followed him with the duvet.

In real life I don't know my postman and in fact I think it's a woman. I have no idea where this persona came from.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 11:17 pm

^^^that is a FASCINATING dream :idea: the one i had evaporated as soon as i got up out of bed. :| a pity as the traces it left behind were of a very deep dream.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 11:23 pm

^
The dolls were kind of the same idea as "Elf on the Shelf", but they were little people you hooked over the edge of your kitchen countertop. The Betty doll played guitar and she was a collectors' item of some sort. I had about six in total but not the illustrious Betty.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 11:26 pm

^^^mebbe that is a message from your higher spirit telling you of a good business opportunity?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2020, 10:55 pm

i keep having dreams that evaporate before i can get to the puter to log them. drat. :|

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 1:55 am

auntblabby wrote:
i keep having dreams that evaporate before i can get to the puter to log them. drat. :|

That happens to me all the time.

The odd thing is that now when I'm dreaming, part of the dream includes the idea of remembering it long enough to post it here!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2020, 3:06 am

dreamt i was in heaven somewhere, naked, walking amongst cherry blossom trees in full view, i knew i was in heaven, but suddenly the calm was disturbed by a bunch of ominously buzzing bees in the trees that en masse took off from the blossoms and alighted all over my nekkid body, and briefly i thought i was in hell, then all of a sudden, a bunch of telepathic thoughts shouted at me "NO STINGS! NO STINGS!" IOW the bees were all telling me they weren't gonna sting me, they just dug me, is all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2020, 3:00 am

i dreamt i was in a big colorless, soundless, thoughtless void. a place where even darkness did not register, but just the same there was the bare awareness of being. this was about as stripped-down an experience of consciousness one can have.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 5:11 pm

I had a dream that I guess was covid-19 related. I dreamed that I woke up one morning and everyone was gone but me.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 5:15 pm

I met an autistic woman on a cruise ship. We were sharing a room and it was the first time I ever met a person who shared / understood all my peculiar sensory issues. I was so glad to have found her. At the end of the dream I told her "Gee I can't even remember your name, but I know you will understand because you're likely face blind too .... and you wouldn't be offended if I've forgotten". Her name was Jason. She showed me a name tag.

In real life I've never met another autistic woman but I did know a woman with a variant of Jason for her name.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 8:10 pm

^^^very interesting that you dreamt about a real-life woman named Jason. :chin:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 10:59 pm

more void dreams, rather like outer darkness.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 7:14 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I met an autistic woman on a cruise ship. We were sharing a room and it was the first time I ever met a person who shared / understood all my peculiar sensory issues. I was so glad to have found her. At the end of the dream I told her "Gee I can't even remember your name, but I know you will understand because you're likely face blind too .... and you wouldn't be offended if I've forgotten". Her name was Jason. She showed me a name tag.

In real life I've never met another autistic woman but I did know a woman with a variant of Jason for her name.

The original "Jason" was the Jason of "Jason and the Argonauts". Don't know about you, but that's the first thing I always think of when I hear about someone named "Jason".

That Jason was a sea captain who lead his crew on the quest to seize the Golden Fleece, which necessitated a long voyage full of adventure.

So it's interesting that in your dream you met a person named after a mythological sea adventurer...on a sea cruise.

Maybe its symbolic of a desire to just accept yourself as you are, and to move ahead, and embark on new things.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 11:50 am

First I dreamed that I was watching what was like an anime, where a girl in Japan runs away from home and meets a boy and a little girl, who are also runaways, and they're traveling together. Then they sneak into an apartment and the girl shows the bathroom to the boy and suggests they do something... suggestive, but then they notice a woman and a man in another room talking. And then they hear the man asking the woman if she has coronavirus and she says yes and her children have it too. The girl and boy are horrified and tell the little girl they have to get out of there, which they do while they can hear the woman coughing. Then they go stay at a hotel, which is weird because it probably wouldn't even be open and be even worse for spreading coronavirus.

Then the dream changes, and I'm in a hotel or apartment. And it gets really weird and kind of embarrassing, but I'm dressed up and pretending to be a clown and putting on my own "kid's show". And then a group of adults and I few kids I don't know come in and sit there and watch me "entertain" them. Several adults are smoking like chimneys and I try telling them in a falsetto clown voice that smoking is yucky. Then I turn on the TV and a woman is singing "Send in the Clowns", and I decide to wrap up the "show" and everyone leaves, and I go back to normal. But occasionally people or animals come into the room and I just want them to stop barging in and invading my privacy.

:clown: :huh: