Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 11:06 am

Certain posts in recent threads in WP made me suspicious, so I did some searching and found some reputable articles that have raised my suspicions even further.

A few links are in order. Please read them.

ISIS Recruiting American Teens

ISIS Successful at Luring Westerners

How ISIS Recruits Westerners

So if you start receiving PMs extolling the virtues of martyrdom in the crusade against the infidels, please report them to the mods right away, before WP gets accused of being an ISIS website.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 2:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
Certain posts in recent threads in WP made me suspicious, so I did some searching and found some reputable articles that have raised my suspicions even further.

A few links are in order. Please read them.

ISIS Recruiting American Teens

ISIS Successful at Luring Westerners

How ISIS Recruits Westerners

So if you start receiving PMs extolling the virtues of martyrdom in the crusade against the infidels, please report them to the mods right away, before WP gets accused of being an ISIS website.

(bolded by me)
At first I thought you were afraid they were actually going to recruit WP members succesfully and that was what your warning was about. It's good to know you don't think we are actually that stupid :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 4:25 pm

"Stupid"? No.

Imagine this: Homeland Security, in it's infinite wisdom, decides to trace down and examine the posts of an ISIS sympathizer or recruiter. Lo and behold, they find dozens, if not hundreds, of posts and PMs on this website, all describing ISIS in terms so glowing as to make Rand Paul look like a raging, rabid Klansman by comparison.

Next thing you know, you try to log on to Wrong Planet and see something like one of theses, instead:

THAT is what I'm trying to prevent; the seizure and closure of the ONLY website that people on the ASD Spectrum may find refuge on.

True, the image is a "Copyright Infringement" notice; but what would YOU expect to see if this website was seized to block terrorist recruitment?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 6:17 pm

With "stupid" I meant that people around here are not stupid enough to fall for ISIS propaganda (I hope). It was only with your last line that I understood why you posted it.
Anyway, those ISIS dudes communicate pretty openly on twitter and stuff. Some of them are using twitter and other social media from Syria/Iraq to reach westerners. I secretly hope that it gives away their position to the allied forces so these thugs can expect hellfire missiles coming their way :twisted:

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 12:48 am

I'll take five wives, several camels, acreage along the Tigris, and a boat.

Then I might think about it.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 1:29 am

Dillogic wrote:
I'll take five wives, several camels, acreage along the Tigris, and a boat.

Then I might think about it.

I would sell all of those just to get citizenship in a country that is not a warzone. I prefer civilisation.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Dec 2014, 1:53 am

I find the idea of them trying to recruit here to be pretty funny

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 4:27 am

Who knows, this might serve as the perfect opportunity to infiltrate ISIS with double agents.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Dec 2014, 5:05 am

FWIW the FBI wouldn't seize the domain even if ISIS was here, they might talk to Alex about accessing the server and reading all our PMs but they wouldn't take it offline. They'd probably more likely want to keep it going unabated so they could track it.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 6:10 am

Only homophones would turn down 72 virgins.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 12:19 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Only homophones would turn down 72 virgins.

Is that a joke or a typo ?

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 12:30 pm

A joke.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 1:41 pm

I was not sure but it is a good one, I assume you know about the US teacher saked by some ignorant person who though that homophones were something to do with the "gay lobby". is the gay lobby a happy entrance for a hotel ?

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 12:01 am

Woodpecker wrote:
I assume you know about the US teacher saked by some ignorant person who though that homophones were something to do with the "gay lobby".

That's exactly what I'm referring to.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 12:50 am

Well regarding the joke about the "gay" word, nice joke. It did make me smile

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 5:44 am

The homophonetic alphabet consists of only four letters.