Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 12:43 pm

For me, it TOTALLY SUCKED. Sadly, it ain't even over yet.

If you go read my posts in The Haven section, you'll see why.

Well, I got remanded in jail, sent to live with my family, ended up in debt, was going to do a naughty movie with a babe (seriously!) but had to cancel that, and I lost my money a few times. Yeah, it sucked. My sister got pregnant to a guy I knew from my days in Comet (the shop, obviously) from shortly after I left school and I hated that place.

The only good thing about the year was winning a snooker cup, which I sadly could not defend last week. I just showed up near the end and gave it back because I was too anxious to perform, being agoraphobic now.

Yeah, so much of 2014 was horrible. I have no doubt in my mind my life will always suck, because 2002 all the way until now has been murder for me.

Anyway, do share your good or bad experiences throughout 2014.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 3:00 pm

Meh. I sat at home on the computer for the entire year.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 3:58 pm

It was mostly good. I got engaged to a man with Asperger's who I met on here and dated for a year. I also moved in with him and his family a couple months ago.

Some bad things happened this year, too. My fiancé was in a car accident recently, which I found traumatizing; he's unhurt, thankfully. I also had to quit my job because I was overworked and underpaid, and because it was further where I presently live than my old house in Olmsted Falls. I'm currently shooting for system tester at my fiancé's workplace in Akron; so far the interview went well, so I'm hoping for the best from there. If not, I can always look elsewhere.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 4:00 pm

It was absolutely f****n crazy and over in a flash.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Dec 2014, 11:18 pm

It was OK :)

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 11:58 pm

It was a very good year for me. I've decided to go to an employment agency. I've volunteered on a farm during the summer months. I've also lost some weight and it was the 50th anniversary of my favourite band - (it would have been even better if they reunited). All in all, it's been a great year. :)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 1:07 am

got to see lo one last time.

otherwise it was eh. nothing special.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Dec 2014, 1:43 am

Good and bad, I'm frustrated with life situation and the slow pace of things in changing but I finally live on my own now for the first time in my life. The ball is moving in the right direction I hope. 2015 will be the most important year of my life so far, a lot to contemplate this New Years.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

04 Dec 2014, 3:07 am

It's been OK; I've had my ups and downs, I was rediagnosed in March, thus giving me closure about my Aspie's......... but even with all this, I still hope my Los Angeles move will happen.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 11:12 pm

Terrible, absolutely terrible. I can't wait (as well as my family) for this year to be over.

-My dog and best friend died. Me and him were like ET and Elliott. I still miss him.
-I was under a lot of stress in the Spring 2014 semester to pass a Biology class with a lab so I wouldn't loose a 23k scholarship.
-My dad was diagnosed with cancer. Thank God we caught it early and is very treatable.
-My brother had a rough time in High School witch stressed us all out, especially my mom.
-My pastor who had helped me through a lot of hard times in my life at my church was transferred to another church and we got a new pastor. Very stressful for me and was hard to say goodbye.
-We had to cancel our mission trip to Scranton, PA due to the reason above. That is the one thing in the summer I always looked forward to.
-My transition to a 4 year University has been harder than thought and I was having a really rough time the first 2.5 months. I have also been under a lot of stress to get good grades so I can keep that scholarship that I worked so hard to keep over the spring.
-My mom suffered a mild heart attack and her vintage guitar was damaged at church.

So yeah, this year has not been a good one for me or my family. :(

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 12:45 am

Back and forth between pretty good and nightmare hell.

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2014, 3:01 am

This year was horrible, it wasn't as bad as 2012 or 2013, (Someone close to me kick the bucket in 2012 and 2013.) but still it could've been WAY better.

Things that made 2014 suck
- My mom was diagnosed with 3 autoimmune diseases
- My aunt became terminally ill
- In January or February (I don't remember which month it was but it doesn't matter.) I had the WORST tooth ache ever. (I'm serious it was the worst. Also come to find out what was causing it was a little inflammation, and I need a root canal....Lucky me... :roll: )
- My 8 year old dachshund got cataracts in her right eye. (She'll be blind in the future. :/)

And thats all I can think of that made 2014 suck this year. But even though this doesn't make 2014 any better, heres a list of good things that happened. (I don't want to end this post on a depressing note.)

Good things that happened in 2014
- My sister adopted a cute teddy bear hamster name chubbs. (His name fits him, trust me.)
- I started volunteering at Hospice
- I successfully made a friend while volunteering at Hospice.
- Discovered WP

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 3:20 am

This year has been mostly uneventful. It's been one of those lull years, my last one was 2008.

I had a small falling out with my brother. We don't really talk on the phone anymore and he doesn't bother to drop in to visit us whenever he heads further south to his in-laws place. So I still haven't met my new niece who was born in Feb.

No people obsession to speak of.

I put on weight

I became obsessed with cars.

Work was the same as the year before.

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 10:31 am

This year only served to help me realize that no-one likes me (in real life, I mean). 2014 should get the Total Recall treatment. It still happened, but your memory has no known record of it ever having taken place. Ha-ha.

Yeah. I wish... :roll:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 5:38 pm

Most of 2014 has been just a repeat of 2013.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 6:38 pm

I graduated, got my driver licence and had a summer job. Between that there was lots of anxiety, but yeah, a memorable year.