Favourite x-men character from the movies or comics?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Princess Adora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2014, 5:44 am

Mine are gambit and rogue though I think rogue's role in the movies could of been a lot better and I waiting to see how channing Tatum will perform as my favourite Cajun but who is your fav and why?

SashaHunter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Dec 2014, 3:10 am

My favorite character is Scott Summers! I fell in love with him back when I first saw X-1 when I was 9- I am Scott, Scott is me. I think the thing that really appeals to me is the central metaphor of the character? Like Wolverine and Beast are Man vs Animal, and Storm is Man vs God, but Cyclops is all about control, and I really relate to that. Scott tries so hard to be in control of situations and to be the best possible leader and protect people, but he can never control his powers, and he will always be a danger, and as someone who is frequently not in control of their body (autism and chorea) that really resonates with me! I also love his relationship with Jean, both in the comics, but in the movies she is older and taller than him and that is apparently a THING for me and they are really interesting! (Tho Jean/Scott/Logan is my "I'm a terrible terrible person" OT3 lol) I am really looking forward to seeing him in more movies! I literally freaked out when he and Jean made a cameo at the end of DoFP!

Princess Adora
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Dec 2014, 7:54 am

SashaHunter wrote:
My favorite character is Scott Summers! I fell in love with him back when I first saw X-1 when I was 9- I am Scott, Scott is me. I think the thing that really appeals to me is the central metaphor of the character? Like Wolverine and Beast are Man vs Animal, and Storm is Man vs God, but Cyclops is all about control, and I really relate to that. Scott tries so hard to be in control of situations and to be the best possible leader and protect people, but he can never control his powers, and he will always be a danger, and as someone who is frequently not in control of their body (autism and chorea) that really resonates with me! I also love his relationship with Jean, both in the comics, but in the movies she is older and taller than him and that is apparently a THING for me and they are really interesting! (Tho Jean/Scott/Logan is my "I'm a terrible terrible person" OT3 lol) I am really looking forward to seeing him in more movies! I literally freaked out when he and Jean made a cameo at the end of DoFP!

Yeah I hope Scott's role is better than the past x-men films he hasn't has much screen time since the first two x-men films.

Dylandawg26
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Dec 2014, 8:10 pm

Dead pool!! !

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 7:32 am

Storm / Ororo (sp?)

She seems to care about others and also seems to have the least angst about herself.

Plus, Halle Berry made her look haut!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 7:42 am

Mine is Wolverine, though I believe he's a favourite of many.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2015, 4:35 pm

Wolverine and Professor X.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2015, 5:11 pm

Apocalypse. Mostly I watched the animated series as a kid. Hate the movies.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2015, 5:49 pm

Magneto

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 3:27 am

From the comics: Iceman and Rogue

From the films: Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, and the younger Charles Xavier

Bread and Roses
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2019, 10:54 am

I've always liked Nightcrawler, Kitty, and Dani Moonstar (if I can use a New Mutant). Rahne and Storm are great as well. I have affection for Dazzler, but I've really only read her original solo series, and only the first dozen or so issues at that, so she wasn't in the X-Men yet.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 12:09 pm

Favorite mutant is Magneto, though if we're specifically going X-men I would say Beast.

LookWhoItIs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jun 2019, 9:12 pm

Gambit, but I also like Cyclops and Jean Grey a lot.

Villain? Apocalypse.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 2:34 am

Havok

I liked the sometimes sibling rivalry aspect with Cyclops plus that they were genetically immune to eachother's powers. Yet sometimes both them and their powers were combined because when one zapped the other it would charge them up instead of injure them.

I'm kind of fond of this old miniseries I had of Havok teaming up with Wolverine. I guess I find that character aspect as Cyclops and Wolverine are not known to get along.

Maybe he seems like a grey area personality and had his own struggle like Cyclops controlling his power, but more so.

I really feel this character was underused in the films.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 8:10 pm

Psylocke.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2019, 9:55 pm

Moon Knight