Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

coschristi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2014, 2:48 am

Hi, this is my first post here. I love the name of this site: "wrong planet"..it's brilliant! when I was a little girl I was fixated on having the curtains open at bedtime so that I could watch the sky. I had persistent insomnia and would spend hours just watching and waiting. I shared a room with my NT sister who hated having the curtains open so every night there would be arguing & eventually our mom came up with the rule that on even days the curtains would be shut & odd days; open. one night my mom found me behind the curtains in the middle of the night & asked me why it was so important to me to see the sky. I remember I started to cry & said "because if the curtains are closed how will they find me to take me back home?!"
now, I'm 47 years old & still here. I'm the mom of 11; 7 boys, 4 girls(two sets of twins) from ages 11-28. my youngest is profoundly autistic. I am grandma to 3.
after a lifetime of being on the outside looking in I'm hoping I've found a safe place.
thank you!

"Good evening," said the little prince courteously. "Good evening," said the snake. "What planet is this on which I have come down?" asked the little prince "This is the Earth; this is Africa," the snake answered.
"Ah! Then there are no people on the Earth?" "This is the desert. There are no people in the desert. The Earth is large," said the snake. The little prince sat down on a stone & raised his eyes toward the sky.
"I wonder," he said, "whether the stars are set alight in heaven so that one day each one of us may find his own again... Look at my planet. It is right there above us. But how far away it is!" ... And they were both silent.
"Where are the men?" the little prince at last took up the conversation again. "It is a little lonely in the desert..."

"It is also lonely among men," the snake said. The little prince gazed at him for a long time.

"You are a funny animal," he said at last. "You are no thicker than a finger..."

"But I am more powerful than the finger of a king," said the snake.

The little prince smiled. "You are not very powerful. You haven't even any feet. You cannot even travel..."

"I can carry you farther than any ship could take you," said the snake.

He twined himself around the little prince's ankle, like a golden bracelet. "Whomever I touch, I send back to the earth from whence he came," the snake spoke again. "But you are innocent and true, and you come from a star..."
"The Little Prince", by Antoine de Saint−Exupery

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 3:45 am

Hey coschristi welcome. :sunny:

ziggyramone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2014, 10:20 am

Welcome!

Andrew Eldritch

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005241765169

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 4:11 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 9:22 pm

Welcome to wrong planet :D

SadButRad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2014, 5:13 am

cool hi!

I used to think I was a different species of human because i remember how in preschool everyone thought it was so important to stand in line and I didn't understand why people did this or why the teachers got mad when I decided not to. It's not like I was ordering them to stand there, neither was I running away from school? It just seemed really stupid. Lol...authority...

FracturedRocket
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 10:25 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)