Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 35 of 35 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 10:41 pm

I do not want to deprave anyone! Words "ausexual" and "autisexual", which are somewhat "coincidentally" similar to words "asexual" and "antisexual"... "Au" on the beginning of these two words is from "autism", of course, and these words mean "non-(neuro)typical" sexualities which can be present in some individuals who have autism spectrum disorder, having these sexualities can mean being opposite to being asexual or (or and) to being antisexual.

evank1
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Apr 2024, 11:56 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:
I recently started using the term "flat-minds" to refer to neurotypical people, based on the hypothesis that the greater neural synaptic density associated with autism spectrum disorders manifests (or can manifest under the right conditions) as additional cognitive capacity suitable for analytic thought of more dimensions (i.e. variables) than neurotypical minds are capable of.

I like the label because it reverses the typical discourse on autism by describing the neurotypical in terms of what they lack.

I know this is from like 2014 but still I felt the need to comment on this.

I don't like this way of thinking because it perpetuates this dichotomy of neurodiverse people seeming "superior" compared to neurotypical people. It's the same way when people use the term "normie" and the context it is used in is always the same with the same implications.