Are all people liars, frauds and hypocrites?

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 12:07 pm

Um.... ok.... so it's no surprise I live in a world of delusional sociopaths

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 12:12 pm

So I got a new question, going by your logic that a certain amount of bs is neccessary (I honestly dunno why these people say these things except to defend their ignorance), but going by this logic, then you have no right to criticize anyone else for not telling the truth, or for being hypocritical against something that you say, because you'd just be a hypocrite.... Of coarse I suppose that's considered a positive value now days.
I laugh when I see people calling others out and then turn around and do the same thing they called said person out on, it's stupid, really.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Mar 2007, 12:14 pm

yeah pretty much.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 12:14 pm

Is it possible that too much tv or pop culture brainwashed people to turn their backs on common law morality? On logic, and truth? For the comfort of hiding behind lies and delusions?

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 12:16 pm

The word "subjective" is a major propaganda tool

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 12:18 pm

Think of it like this, lets say you wanna make a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich, how are you gonna make it if instead of peanutbutter and jelly, you have garlic and onions? It's gonna be very hard to make a pb&j sandwich with garlic and onions.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Mar 2007, 12:24 pm

no. naturally its just human nature, so if someone says you cant do something people are ultimitley going to do it anyways. consequences or not

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 12:49 pm

richardbenson wrote:
no. naturally its just human nature, so if someone says you cant do something people are ultimitley going to do it anyways. consequences or not

I believe "human nature" is an excuse people use to explain their behaviour. I do not lie, outside of sparing people's feelings when I know they'll be hurt (doesn't mean I catch it all the time) but theres a difference between telling someone that their 'green beans tasted good' compared with a governmental scandal or a 'reason for war' or a 'religious belief' or 'ignoring knowledge' because it goes against 'old' knowledge.

I don't think thats human nature; what IS human nature is to find an excuse or something to 'blame.' Thats human nature, to me.

But you are right, Richard. Some humans are dumb in that if you give them reverse psychology, there is a chance it might actually encourage them. But, I think those people are 'dumb' to begin with as a more clever person would see past that.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Mar 2007, 12:53 pm

so the only time you lie is when you dont want to hurt someones feelings? your full of it, but i expected asmuch from you.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 2:22 pm

richardbenson wrote:
so the only time you lie is when you dont want to hurt someones feelings? your full of it, but i expected asmuch from you.

Ya, I'm a libertarian buddhist-type liar. You bet.

Don't you lie everytime you are collecting food stamps? That symbolism dictates that 'its not that I cannot work, is that I think I shouldnt have to contribute to anything or help anyone.' "Whywork.org" right? Does that website go on about 'volunteering' or 'helping' or is it just a place people can join, b***h about 'the man' or society, and just be their lazy selves while not actually changing anything?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Mar 2007, 3:54 pm

Corvus wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
Ya, I'm a libertarian buddhist-type liar. You bet.
Don't you lie everytime you are collecting food stamps? That symbolism dictates that 'its not that I cannot work, is that I think I shouldnt have to contribute to anything or help anyone.' "Whywork.org" right? Does that website go on about 'volunteering' or 'helping' or is it just a place people can join, b***h about 'the man' or society, and just be their lazy selves while not actually changing anything?
see what carrying around a chip on shoulder will do? and retorting to something that happend in another thread is a sign of defeat, come up with something new or leave it alone, but i cant blame you because you got nothing else. first of all i dont lie about needing foodstamps, i really do need them. second of all if you actually went to that website instead of just look at the url, you would know what its about. its a website that promotes pro-leasure and good work, not a job. (im sure ive already told you this) but you dont care because then you wouldnt have anything to bring up again from that thread. maybe you should get down off of your high horse and stop acting like your better than everyone else and moaning and complaining about absolutely everything because you do more of it than i do bub. that would make you a hypocrite, and i think we already know your a liar. 0o0o0o0o0o hahaha, owned. if i do say so myself.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 5:19 pm

richardbenson wrote:
see what carrying around a chip on shoulder will do? and retorting to something that happend in another thread is a sign of defeat, come up with something new or leave it alone,

You know what the worst part about arguing someone? When they say the other person is defeated even though they did nothing. Face it bra, you're a tick on society and your little 'linky' is flawed and I'll tell you and all the other morons who can't think beyond themselves, 'why?'

As well, I remember quite clearly you failing you even TRY to explain your situation. You just sat back and took it like a Christian caught in their own web of contradictions. I'm just not foolish enough to state 'someone is defeated' when they haven't done anything, yet. I'll come up with something new when you answer my original questions - are you can keep 'avoiding it' and, essentially, lying to yourself. So confident, yet, you won't speak up.

Quote:
but i cant blame you because you got nothing else.

Nah, just parasites on society - You happen to be one that I found so I take you on. If anyone else was a parasite and open about it, they'd be right with you on the front line in my eyes. I step over people like you because there's nothing else to do. You won't 'help yourself.'

Quote:
first of all i dont lie about needing foodstamps, i really do need them.

I recall 50$ was the amount. My internet/cable costs about 60 a month. You are using the internet so you either HAVE internet or are at SCHOOL or pay for it at a internet cafe. So, you have lied to yourself that you 'need' them because you cannot prioritize necessity very well - welcome to what the majority of society can't do - manage 'needs' versus 'wants' and quite frankly, food surpasses internet but keep coming up with a new, unique, "what sounds good to you" argument but you're not going to get far with the amount of holes you place. I won't begin to discuss the 'drug' aspect of 'finances'

Quote:
second of all if you actually went to that website instead of just look at the url, you would know what its about. its a website that promotes pro-leasure and good work, not a job.

Why work. Leisure? Who is going to clean the sewers and sweep the roads and plow them and pick up trash? I don't think those are 'leisure' activities. Oh, I'll answer the trash argument - YOU will do it. Wow, what does that mean? That means YOU'RE DOING WORK and NOT LEISURE. See, you guys don't think beyond what you want to see. You think "everyone should be able to do whatever they 'enjoy'" and while I agree with that, I have this nagging problem that there is A LOT of ground work between 'now' and 'that.' You still have to account for all the crumby jobs that keep society functioning. A Ferrari is a beautiful car (society) but its engine is dirty and greasyand hot and miserable (the WORK element required to make the car function). You essentially argue against the 'engine' and are simply for the 'ferrari.' Well, lets remove those components, the engine, and see what we have left? Just a body of a ferrari and 0 function. How will you motivate people to clean up after themselves? Hell, my friends, none of them, can even remember to turn a light off and you expect that they will jump up and do their part to keep the 'machine' functioning? Technology isn't GOOD enough to take over, quite yet, so suck it up with the rest of us.

I went to your website and found where they discussed that. They are brilliant in that they essentially landed on the same 'system' we have in place now. Responsibility to DO A JOB. Seriously, have you given this ANY thought because they sure as hell haven't. The best response they got is 'people will enjoy being responsible' but I dont see that now. Hell, you disprove it quite nicely.

Quote:
(im sure ive already told you this) but you dont care because then you wouldnt have anything to bring up again from that thread.

You seem to say "I have a chip on my shoulder" but when I bring it up, you return the favour. I saw the word 'hypocrite' appear later in your post. This is hypocrisy. Saying one thing then doing exactly that. As well, had you answered my questions from that thread, I wouldn't be here assuming the worst of you, now would I? You didn't think you owed me an answer, thats fine, but don't sit there and pout and act all innocent after I 'called you out' and you didn't answer. I discuss problems of society and you happen to fit into the 'can't manage your life' area. You say you 'need' food stamps when you state you only want to work 15 hours (you dont need them, work 21 hours), that you pay for internet (unless someone provides it to you for free), etc. You tell yourself you cannot do these things so much you are convinced you cannot and you try and justify it but unfortunately, I'm unbiased and can spot holes everywhere.

Quote:
maybe you should get down off of your high horse and stop acting like your better than everyone else and moaning and complaining about absolutely everything because you do more of it than i do bub.

High horse? No, I believe in equality. Quite frankly, moochers are 'inequal' people as they tend to make excuses for themselves while everyone else picks up their trash. I've a friend who doesn't work because he thinks 'all his friends hate their job, why would he want one of those?' Thats exactly what he said and it sounds exactly like your line of thinking. Right now, he buys everything on credit and mooches off my friends. I told him to 'piss' off. Is what you want? To be completely dependent and irresponsible? Leaders lead by example and if we all followed your route, toilets would over flow, streets wouldn't be sanded when its icy, doctors would work 15 hour weeks (despite shortages NOW when they work 50+). I don't follow people who 'talk' because its what you 'do' that counts. I'm on 'no high horse' except for WHAT "IS" and quite frankly, I practice what I preach.

Quote:
that would make you a hypocrite, and i think we already know your a liar. 0o0o0o0o0o hahaha, owned. if i do say so myself.

Hypocrite? Tell me where because I dont think you understand the definition. You're the one who has all the idea's about 'not working' but you sit there on your ass. You talk about how people should 'do good work' (15 hours is good work?) and leisurely (I dont know what you do with the rest of your time but I doubt its productive but you tell me). You don't practice what you preach, you just moan and look for excuses for your behaviour. And yes, "Owned" but the only one who is thinking that IS you. But, judging by your beliefs, the world stops outside of "you."

I would love to live in a society were there WAS no money and people would work to keep it running but I sit here and say this WHILE I work and AM productive and helping out. I would love a 'free education' and an 'emphasis on doing what you love.' I would, however, people think they NEED money. People ARE greedy. However, even if they are greedy, at least they are earning it. As I said, I'm a libertarian "buddhist" but I know, in either society, you're going to be "working." Hell, your damn site, the one you base your life on, even states its not 'anti-work' so have you even read it? I think you totally misunderstand it. As well, these 'website creators' think they have some new idea but its call 'libertarianism' and its already been established. Anything else is 'Utopia' and you're dreaming for that, right now.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 5:30 pm

I can't understand why someone, who, from his link and 'half-belief,' seems very libertarian yet is very 'excuse' driven. If you want to 'play in a responsible' society then best to start sometime and 'act' like it.

I love playing video games or my guitar or bitching to people on the internet, I enjoy it, its fun, and despite what you may think, you don't really anger me or get to me, you're just 'an example' and there are many more around. But my internet costs money, my apartment costs money, i need food to 'think,' a bed to sleep on (I dont need my car but its convenient), hell, believe it or not, my guitar cost money. All of this s**t costs money. This is why we work. If EVERYONE worked and sustained themselves, we wouldnt need the 'social services' and society would be more responsible but here we are. If you really want to read on this stuff, look into 'libertarian' is think beyond 'just leisure' activity. Existence takes work. No one said 'life is fair' and if you want to go further, read into 'law of attraction.'

I admit, I really didnt view much on that website at first glance. I've looked more and its simply libertarian but it fails in explaining itself. I didnt look because I figured it reflected your belief/lifestyle. Ya, they don't match so either you need a new belief or you need to work on something.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Mar 2007, 12:26 pm

Corvus wrote:
You know what the worst part about arguing someone? When they say the other person is defeated even though they did nothing. Face it bra, you're a tick on society and your little 'linky' is flawed and I'll tell you and all the other morons who can't think beyond themselves, 'why?'

As well, I remember quite clearly you failing you even TRY to explain your situation. You just sat back and took it like a Christian caught in their own web of contradictions. I'm just not foolish enough to state 'someone is defeated' when they haven't done anything, yet. I'll come up with something new when you answer my original questions - are you can keep 'avoiding it' and, essentially, lying to yourself. So confident, yet, you won't speak up.
what are you talking about? ive already told you why i live the way i do, dumbass. you just dont like the answers i give so you try to re-word and use examples on how my way of life would be disasterious for sociaty. its a good thing people have choices isnt it? it would be disasterous if everyone was a knowitall snob like you in my opinion. you dont like how many hours i put in? thats to bad. because i really dont care what you think is best for me. i live the way i do because i dont belive in working a 40 hour work week. ring a bell? it should ive only said it over and over again.

Corvus wrote:
nah youra parasite on society - You happen to be one that I found so I take you on. If anyone else was a parasite and open about it, they'd be right with you on the front line in my eyes. I step over people like you because there's nothing else to do. You won't 'help yourself.'
no you think i'm a parasite because i dont live up to your work ethic. thats too bad for you i guess. i pay taxes, for the services i use so im not going to feel guilty about using them.

Corvus wrote:
Irecall 50$ was the amount. My internet/cable costs about 60 a month. You are using the internet so you either HAVE internet or are at SCHOOL or pay for it at a internet cafe. So, you have lied to yourself that you 'need' them because you cannot prioritize necessity very well - welcome to what the majority of society can't do - manage 'needs' versus 'wants' and quite frankly, food surpasses internet but keep coming up with a new, unique, "what sounds good to you" argument but you're not going to get far with the amount of holes you place. I won't begin to discuss the 'drug' aspect of 'finances'
wrong. i dont have a pc, i post from a computer lab on a university campus so the rest of your statement is crap, i can manage my life very well thank you. infact im not stupid enough to pay for the internet

Corvus wrote:
Why work. Leisure? Who is going to clean the sewers and sweep the roads and plow them and pick up trash? I don't think those are 'leisure' activities. Oh, I'll answer the trash argument - YOU will do it. Wow, what does that mean? That means YOU'RE DOING WORK and NOT LEISURE. See, you guys don't think beyond what you want to see. You think "everyone should be able to do whatever they 'enjoy'" and while I agree with that, I have this nagging problem that there is A LOT of ground work between 'now' and 'that.' You still have to account for all the crumby jobs that keep society functioning. A Ferrari is a beautiful car (society) but its engine is dirty and greasyand hot and miserable (the WORK element required to make the car function). You essentially argue against the 'engine' and are simply for the 'ferrari.' Well, lets remove those components, the engine, and see what we have left? Just a body of a ferrari and 0 function. How will you motivate people to clean up after themselves? Hell, my friends, none of them, can even remember to turn a light off and you expect that they will jump up and do their part to keep the 'machine' functioning? Technology isn't GOOD enough to take over, quite yet, so suck it up with the rest of us.

I went to your website and found where they discussed that. They are brilliant in that they essentially landed on the same 'system' we have in place now. Responsibility to DO A JOB. Seriously, have you given this ANY thought because they sure as hell haven't. The best response they got is 'people will enjoy being responsible' but I dont see that now. Hell, you disprove it quite nicely.
blah blah blah sociaty will fail if nobody works 40 hours like me, blah blah blah ok dude sure it will

Corvus wrote:
You seem to say "I have a chip on my shoulder" but when I bring it up, you return the favour. I saw the word 'hypocrite' appear later in your post. This is hypocrisy. Saying one thing then doing exactly that. As well, had you answered my questions from that thread, I wouldn't be here assuming the worst of you, now would I?
uh yeah you complaining about me not working like you is being a hypocrite. oh but you work more hours than me so you get to complain, but i cant. ok that makes sence. what questions havnt i answerd? i already told you why i live the way i do, are you an idiot? go back and re-read you doofus

Corvus wrote:
High horse? No, I believe in equality. Quite frankly, moochers are 'inequal' people as they tend to make excuses for themselves while everyone else picks up their trash.
its kindof hard to mooch when i pay for the services i use, i think weve already been over this, but you want me to be like you.

Corvus wrote:
(15 hours is good work?) and leisurely (I dont know what you do with the rest of your time but I doubt its productive but you tell me). You don't practice what you preach, you just moan and look for excuses for your behaviour.
15 hours is great work for me, i am not moaning about anything bud, you are. you getting too complain about me, but i cant complain about anything would make you a hypocrite.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2007, 2:48 am

Anyone can claim to be anything, and what they say doesn't have to be consistent with itself.

Further more, when things are right they don't stand out nearly so much as when they are wrong.

The best anyone can do is recognize that it's probably impossible to be completely objective.

Some people seem to think that 'facts' are everything. My friend talked about this one guy who had taken this to such extremes that anything that wasn't 'true' is 'immoral'. And then he wouldn't let his kids read fairy tales. Because they're 'lies'.

And then they are people who arbitrarily decide what the 'truth' is, and hold unto it with an undying zeal. (Like the people who believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible or really any scripture really)

Just because something is a 'fact' means that we all have to agree that it means the same thing.

mouapp
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2007, 8:40 am

Xuincherguixe wrote:
Just because something is a 'fact' means that we all have to agree that it means the same thing.

good point but then what is a fact but a popular interpretation, life is subjective for instance i don't believe that humans can be truly pure thus i wont believe evidence to the contrary (not that there could be any)

Corvus i think you may have put more effort into that post then i put into my last essay, but society can afford to carry some ticks it has to seeing as there is often no way for officials to discern them from people who really need help