This is where we fight! This is where They die!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 10:56 am

the movie 300 was amazing! It was everything I hoped it to be. A peice of art on film. And not only visually beautiful but inspiring as well. Its natural to compare it to sin city, but other than being an "art" film, its not like sin city at all like I expected. I might go see it again.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 12:22 pm

I herd bad reviews on Public Radio but my boyfriend and his son loved it.

You do realize that if we were born in Spartan society...we would have had our heads based in by rocks for being less "functional"?It was a tough society.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 2:52 pm

yes, I thought about the fate of a person with aspergers then. I would have a hard time joining the military today, so back then I probably wouldn't function at all. As for bad reveiws, I don't know where that would come from. The only bad review I read was on CNN, and while it was extremely negative, the entire point of the reveiw was that the movie was politically incorrect, calling it overly masculine, homophobic, racist, and insensitive in a "war weary" time. That is CRAZY. The point of the movie isn't to make a horrors of war documentary or political statement, its a peice of art. So in everything it was intended to be it was great. One thing that bothered me when I saw it though was some lady took her daughter and son who were about 6 and 8. She is messin those kids up!

Last edited by Juggernaut on 13 Mar 2007, 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 3:16 pm

I think the problem they had with the movie(the reviewer)was all the computer digital imageing.They just felt like everything was to perfect.I think that was part of the point of Spartan culture.I hate theaters but will rent it when it comes out on disc.

I think you are right that some people have problems with the PC aspects.....lets all rewrite history so it's "nicer"...that's
a great way to "learn from history"<---sarcasm alert.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 9:11 pm

A piece of art? It was definately a piece of something....