Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Dec 2014, 9:14 pm

I'm angered that this film did not win best movie at the awards. Furthermore, Bruce Dern deserved the best actor award even more. This is a film I can watch over and over. Bruce Dern is a veteran in his last years and his performance is uncanny. I love the man. I first saw him in Silent Running which brought tears to my eyes since I'm a tree hugger.

But this movie is pure genious. There is not trace of acting anywhere in it. The soundtrack fills the gaps perfectly. It has meaning. I understand elderly people much better just from watching it. And there are several extreme LOL parts.

I hate action movies like the Bourne whatever. This movie deserved to be recognized!

OK. So I ranted. I would like to hear what you all think. Don't be afraid to totally disagree with me. I just want to talk about it since it bothers me so much.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 5:19 am

It had beautifully-done visuals considering it was a modern black-and-white movie.

No bigots, no bullies, no injustice.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2014, 9:47 am

I also enjoy the visuals. I find myself pausing it and admiring the picture as black and whit photography. I appreciate the fact that it was done in black and white. It mirrors the somber mood.

MadHatterMatador
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2014, 6:25 pm

I liked it a lot, weirdly relatable even though it's kind of an unusual story. Great performance from Dern.

AQ: 46

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 5:47 am

noodler wrote:
I also enjoy the visuals. I find myself pausing it and admiring the picture as black and whit photography. I appreciate the fact that it was done in black and white. It mirrors the somber mood.

I think you're right. Just like in Raging Bull and Schindler's List.

No bigots, no bullies, no injustice.