Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SadButRad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2015, 4:27 pm

same here,

it's because people are so strange and I don't understand how they all think

It feels like there is this vast distance and I'm supposed to pretend it's not there but it's all I can think about.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 4:40 pm

When I was little I rarely felt lonely - I preferred being alone and in my own world, even on the playground. As I got older, I started to notice how other people were having conversations and playing games that I wasn't a part of. I longed to fit in but had no idea how.

Now, I often feel lonely when people around me are talking and I have something to contribute but can't because I'm not an active part of the conversation.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 5:48 pm

^^^
I think we should be more like ratzo Rizzo in "midnight cowboy" [movie] who, when a cab driver gets in his stuff, he bangs on the hood of the cab and shouts, "HEY! I'm Walking Here!"

Luzhin
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2015, 6:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
I think we should be more like ratzo Rizzo in "midnight cowboy" [movie] who, when a cab driver gets in his stuff, he bangs on the hood of the cab and shouts, "HEY! I'm Walking Here!"

That's funny. I do that all the time, "Hey! I'm talkin here!". It's even better when you get the accent right. Gets you into the discussion and you come off as having a sense of humor.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 6:31 pm

Luzhin wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^

That's funny. I do that all the time, "Hey! I'm talkin here!". It's even better when you get the accent right. Gets you into the discussion and you come off as having a sense of humor.

can yoo tawk like uh noo yawkuh?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 9:52 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
@ AuntBlabby: I love your quotes!! Do you mind if I use a couple of them in my "Daily Quote" signature? @ Raleigh: I'm so sorry you haven't found anyone, here, with whom you can connect. Here's hoping you'll find someone, any-day-now.....[/b][/color]

you may of course use them however you like :) let us pray for the people here who are hurting.

THANKS----and, DEFINITELY!!

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 10:05 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I feel lonely on Wrong Planet.

Agreed.

I dunno what your reasons are, but my reasons are to do with feeling like I have nothing in freaking common with the majority. To me this feels like it could be any community, with a few exceptions (and those are the few whose posts I tend to relate to, but not to the point of striking up a friendship with).

I guess that dumb saying, "Once you've met one aspie you've met one aspie" is really true after all. I mostly just come here for the informational side of things: I'm so much less interested in hearing about how wonderful being an aspie is.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 10:09 pm

I talk like a Noo Yawker.

NCOT talks like a Cockney (maybe)--that would be kind of cute, actually.

I would say I feel commonality with some people here....not so much with others.

I'm not as "eloquent" in my posts as some members here.