Voice Training for Non Transitioning Non Binaries?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

InfoPunkie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2015, 1:26 pm

Hello Everyone! Hope you're doing well.

I have a somewhat specific question today about training one's voice though the question might seem a bit all over the place.

First of all, I'm non binary and so is one of my friends, we both have no desire to transition though we might consider certain body modifications and/or accessories/ways of presenting.

The problem comes in our voices, they are female and thus wants to lower their voice, I am male and so want to speak in a higher/sing songy voice, I guess. The question from both of us is: "Is it possible to train one's voice to permanently change without hormones or will we have to remember to speak in a certain way or if it isn't a physical permanence will it become second nature to us?"

Thank you for taking the time to read and/or if you did, answer. It is very much appreciated.

Santarii
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2015, 4:34 am

Hormones only change your voice in the FTM direction.
Without hormones, I think you can change your voice a bit but I'm not sure to what extent.
I know that in the MTF direction you can change your voice a lot and it physically changes your vocal cords over time. You will still be able to do a deep voice but a higher voice will become easy and natural over time.

I recommend you both look up videos about techniques other people have used if you want to.