A problem with America's police force...

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 12:15 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
Yep, I was born in Houston! I lived there until 1995 (I was six) when my mom and I moved here to Indiana. But I’ve been down to Texas every year since! I’m hoping to one day move back there. It’s way too cold up here! However, it’s supposed to be 74 tomorrow so that’ll be nice, but still a bit cool for me. However, on Friday it’s only going to be 34 for the high. This is what you get in Indiana. What part of Texas are you in?

Some cop caught a person in my neighborhood last Wednesday evening. It’s pretty stupid since the neighborhood is only two years old and is only halfway filled up! And it’s not like it’s a really busy area either. We’re kind of out in the boonies in our county, but still close enough to get to shopping in five miles. But anyway, I think the people the cops got were trying to pull into the front section of the neighborhood. There’s three of them. The front ones are the cheapest (well, they’re not cheap but they’re the cheapest in quality), the middle section is the yuppie section, and the back section (mine!) is the section you can only live in if you have money. Needless to say, there are no cops living in my neighborhood right now! lol

I'm from Dallas, although I go to college about an hour away from Dallas.

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 5:44 pm

Well, the problem with anyone in a position of authority is that they are human; they will falter, they will get angry, and they will seek revenge.

"You don't trust him because he's a cop?"

"No, I don't trust him because he's human"

parts
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 6:55 pm

jonathan79 wrote:
Well, the problem with anyone in a position of authority is that they are human; they will falter, they will get angry, and they will seek revenge.

"You don't trust him because he's a cop?"

"No, I don't trust him because he's human"

That is the real heart of the matter
I have met good and I have met bad. They are people like everyone else some can handle it some can't. They really do try to get the bad ones out in the beginning with all kinds of psych tests but some will always get through and people change(look at that lady from NASA). I have know some people who took the test and they failed because of that. I know one who got a DUI and was forced to resign maybe it's different there but they are people in the end.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 8:14 pm

I can't speak of other people's experiences but all the police officers I have encountered seen have been professional (in one case the circumstances were rather awkward and the police officer did a really good job).