Dating sites and formality....ranting a little

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Johannes88
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jan 2015, 12:16 am

The women I datw who are my age and in my kind of personality category seem to be all about me just sending a polite formal message like, hey, I think you're beautfil. Would you like to meet up.

But i kind of hate that, I can do it but I feel like I'm being interviewed for a job. Is that all dating devolves to when you get older, do we really have to communicate things so explicitly, it seems so contractual and unromantic. Like a business negotiation.

But the alternative is these trashy girls who can't have a serious conversation about anything and seem highly Judgemental.

anyone out there gotten to this point and then came to some kind of realization that I haven't yet?

I'd kind of like to find somebody I could have deep thoughts with and also not have to be so explicit with about stuff. and I'd rather not spend the first couple of dates just bragging about how committed I am to being serious and how good my job is. You should just be able to intuit my self worth, I dunno, if you just value a man with a set of predetermined questions then you seem shallow, even if I can meet all of your "criteria".

KayteeKay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2015, 9:07 am

Johannes88 wrote:
The women I datw who are my age and in my kind of personality category seem to be all about me just sending a polite formal message like, hey, I think you're beautfil. Would you like to meet up.

But i kind of hate that, I can do it but I feel like I'm being interviewed for a job. Is that all dating devolves to when you get older, do we really have to communicate things so explicitly, it seems so contractual and unromantic. Like a business negotiation.

But the alternative is these trashy girls who can't have a serious conversation about anything and seem highly Judgemental.

anyone out there gotten to this point and then came to some kind of realization that I haven't yet?

I'd kind of like to find somebody I could have deep thoughts with and also not have to be so explicit with about stuff. and I'd rather not spend the first couple of dates just bragging about how committed I am to being serious and how good my job is. You should just be able to intuit my self worth, I dunno, if you just value a man with a set of predetermined questions then you seem shallow, even if I can meet all of your "criteria".

Ummm, if you don't like the way dating sites "force" you to behave, you've got another option: Don't use them.

You don't HAVE to use dating dating sites, nor send polite formal messages to women you perceive as "shallow", nor date women who expect tons of small talk on early dates.

You are ranting about stuff that's not in your power to fix (expectations of some females on some dating sites), that's making you unhappy - you're certainly entitled to continue ranting, but it doesn't appear to make you happy. Why not try something else?