Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 7:04 am

I could practically 'watch' it yesterday... from downstairs. An epic three-hour movie which has some powerful bass sound... even whenever the trees talk.

So, this is weird, because I enjoyed the films myself... but from some random stranger's? Oh, I was also actually trying to watch a normal drama film myself... took four tries, as LOTR overpowered it every single time.

And I'm not a prophet, but I can hazard to guess that this will eventually end up violently... so, I've been wondering how likely it is for me to live in a detached flat. Otherwise, insanity is assured, I assume...

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 1:19 pm

Headphones. Wireless are nice but not essential.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 8:50 pm

Depending on where you live, how loud / frequent the noise is, and when it happens, the law might be on your side.

Headphones are helpful. Or try playing pink noise through a reasonably big speaker if you have one. I use it a lot to mask unwanted sounds coming from outside my home, and sometimes it's the only way I can still think. It doesn't stop me hearing the words of the movies I'm watching, because it doesn't have much treble in it.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 9:02 pm

Yeah thats always the problem with apartments. Living with somebody else's noise. Most of the times when we have lived in apartments it's been ok, but sometimes we had horrible neighbors. It's better if you are on the top floor on the end, I've found.

I remember when I was pregnant with my second baby and we lived in an apartment with some college boys above us and I had morning sickness all day long for a few months and couldn't rest and it was during the final four. Those boys jumped up and down and screamed at the tv almost every night. My husband had to go knock on their door several times and they finally stopped when I went to their door in my night gown, with my hair all over the place and just screamed at them and threatened to call the cops. Sometimes a crazy seeming lady can have more effect than a polite and rational seeming man lol. Especially on college boys.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 2:22 am

Embrace the power of the Ring… or embrace your own destruction! :P

But yeah I understand noise issues, on numerous occasions have I heard my neighbor getting it on with his girlfriend. Get a solid pair of headphones is all I can recommend.