justincool
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Feb 2015, 10:26 pm

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 11:03 pm

What others think of your appearance does not matter.
What you think of yourself is what matters.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 11:13 pm

You're very brave to put your picture in this sub forum. I've posted a picture in Random one time and the WP bully of the year gave me a hard time about it. I had to ask for the picture to be removed.

I think you look great, by the way. 8)

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2015, 11:46 pm

I can't decide on a number, but I really don't think your appearance will give you any problems. Hope that helps answer your question.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 1:13 am

I'm not to good at this sort of thing. I just see a normal looking face.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 1:26 am

I'd say from fine to fine, you look fine. :)

coschristi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2015, 2:45 am

ok; 9. (I like your cheeks & you have good teeth!) have you ever read about the "golden ratio"? your pic would be a good one to examine..i'd post a link but I screw that kind of thing up all the time.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 6:35 am

Graelwyn wrote:

I'd like to believe that this is true, but sadly enough, seeing yourself as more attractive compared to how others generally see you, only works in your own disadvantage.

High self-confidence gets linked to arrogance, when the other person doesn't see the "positive" traits in you that you are so confident about, you get seen as a try-hard and untrustworthy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 7:30 am

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 7:50 am

If you have to ask . . .

Seriously though, this is not healthy. Your self-esteem should not be dependent on your appearance or what other people think of your appearance. This forum is exceptionally gentle, most fora are not. Do you really rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10? Do you see how dehumanising such an attitude is? You are more than your appearance. Do you rate other people on a scale of 1 to 10?

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 9:21 am

you look fine --- okay if you insist on a number - 7 - You're not Brad Pitt after all - but there is nothing wrong with your looks - kind of cute, I would say

- Albert Einstein

GamerPrincess
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2015, 9:47 am

Uprising wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

I'd like to believe that this is true, but sadly enough, seeing yourself as more attractive compared to how others generally see you, only works in your own disadvantage.

High self-confidence gets linked to arrogance, when the other person doesn't see the "positive" traits in you that you are so confident about, you get seen as a try-hard and untrustworthy.

Partially true. However, even in cases where you can back up your claim (example: "I'm pretty intelligent" *has good grades*) people will just be jealous and call you arrogant as well. I also want to add that you're only seen as a "try-hard" or "untrustworthy" when the confidence in yourself isn't genuine. When the confidence itself is made to impress others.

There are so many people, with so many different opinions. Does it matter to have the majority of people think good of you ? Is the goal that everyone think good of you ? There will always be someone who finds you ugly, and someone who thinks you're the most beautiful person in the world. In the end, who you want to believe is up to you.

OP, drop the use of a scale. Beauty isn't something you can rate and it depends from person to person. Also what is it supposed to rate exactly ? Trustworthiness ? Attractiveness ? Professionalism ? How happy you look ? How normal ? As corroonb said, it's dehumanizing.

It's very important that your self worth comes from yourself. I cannot stress enough how downright dangerous it is to rely on what other people think of you to evaluate your own self worth! It leaves you vulnerable to abusers.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 10:23 am

Uprising wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

Sure, overconfidence tends to backfire, and it's valid to warn about that, but is it going to happen in this case?

Fascinating. It's usually women who worry the most about their looks. I don't mean to appear superior though. In my youth I was very scared that girls might think I was too ugly to date, and I completely overlooked my behaviour. It was a bad mistake.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 10:29 am

As others have mentioned, it is more about how you feel about yourself. But, since you asked, your appearance shows to me that you care about yourself and how you present yourself to others. To that end, you are attractive and pleasant. I bet you are humorous, too.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 2:14 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
You're very brave to put your picture in this sub forum. I've posted a picture in Random one time and the WP bully of the year gave me a hard time about it. I had to ask for the picture to be removed.

I think you look great, by the way. 8)

Screw that bully! I've seen a picture you posted of yourself on here and I think you are very nice looking.

I've put some of myself on here before too, but removed them. I want to post that new one of me my daughter took the other day when I was in full retro regalia, but I don't have a Flickr account anymore.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2015, 10:15 am

I'm going to honest with you.

You're not that bad looking of a guy at least facial wise. You dress up nicely and you're not rough looking. I would give you a 6. 6 is in the upper average range and that means you're handsome in a normal way.

Now we can't see your body and so we can't tell you if you're physically attractive or not. From what iv'e learned is that the ideal body type for men that women like is tall (between 5 ft 10 and 6 ft 3 is ideal) and slim but not too skinny and not too fat and a decent looking face.

We can't see your body so I can only rate your face which I give you a 6. That's handsome in a normal way.