Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 10:17 am

After this morning presentation this game is officially in the second spot of "game that i want the most this year".

Here's the first trailer:

Here's the second official trailer, showing the massive world and the impressive exploration content:

And here's the new content that they showed today:
If you don't want to watch it all just go to 11:00 (to see some quest monsters), 13:14 (to see more about the HUGE and wonderful world), 17:45 (exploration with the mecha, so awesome!) and 19:00 (to see how awesome and well done are the monsters design).

It's so bad that i can't play the japanese version ):

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 1:42 pm

Japanese version drops in April, while the rest of the world will get it later this year.

I can't wait to play it myself.

Though I wonder what reception it will receive in the West.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm

This is my most anticipated game of the year...but I'm confused about something. Didn't they say that the main character, "Cross", can be male or female? The info in the Direct seemed to indicate male only.....it's not like I won't buy it or anything, I'm just one of those guys who prefers to play as/create female characters ( hey, if you have to stare at somebody's butt for hundreds of hours you might as well enjoy the view am I right? )

I'm also hoping Smash Bros Wii U gets some Xenoblade Chronicles X trophies as DLC to help promote the game...maybe Cross or Elma as a fighter.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2015, 12:29 am

I am almost crazy enough to import a Japanese wii u to play this game early.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 1:34 am

Hm, I really dont get it.... what is with all the hype on this one? Is it something unique somehow? It looks like another typical JRPG to me. So what's special about it?

I specifically mean gameplay stuffs here; I dont care about the story. At all. Just curious about the game mechanics, or whatever, if they're the reason why this keeps getting talked about everywhere.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 10:58 am

Misery wrote:
Hm, I really dont get it.... what is with all the hype on this one? Is it something unique somehow? It looks like another typical JRPG to me. So what's special about it?

I specifically mean gameplay stuffs here; I dont care about the story. At all. Just curious about the game mechanics, or whatever, if they're the reason why this keeps getting talked about everywhere.

Yeah, in fact it have a lot of elements of standard JRPG titles, but it also have some big points that deserve to be noticed.
What impress me the most is the world itself, which is not just an empty amount of earth, trees and mountains. I am a big fan of games that can pull big fantasy worlds to explore freely and the quality and the size of this one is worthy to notice.
The ways to explore it is also very well done. Seeing the Mecha thing flying gives a nice feeling of freedom. It just seem very fun.
The combat i'll need to try myself before knowing if i like it or not, although i'm quite certain that at least it is not bad. It's an action JRPG, so no turns. It looks like you have your action bar there and goes picking your skills to use. Some have CD, others don't and you can also chain attacks with your partners. From what i've heard there's no healing abilities, so you probably have to be careful and only use potions there.
Well, for me those are the main things that attracts me to this game. This one is also a few of the games that i'm not caring too much about the story. If it is at least decent then i'm ready to spend a LOT of hours exploring this thing and doing every single quest.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 12:32 pm

I am considering buying a Wii U just because of this game. And because of the Mario and Zelda games, to be honest (they were the reason why I bought a Wii in 2010, even though I knew the console was reaching the end of its lifespan by then).

I have high expectations about this game. Xenoblade was probably the first really good JRPG since Final Fantasy IX (going by launch date alone; I played a lot of great, but older, JRPGs through emulators in the years since FFIX): if this (apparently) prequel is even half as great as the original, it is going to be the best game of this year.

Also, it looks like people are back to using swords as primary weapons in the future. Ah, Japan... And you wonder why you lost World War II... :lol:

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 6:52 am

Last friday presentation, completely focusing on how combat works:

So we can break monsters parts! *monster hunter feelings*. It looks like it is more to stun/stop strong attacks but it does affect the loot.
Next one will be all about the Dolls!

And newageretrohippie, I didn't saw your question but the answer is yes, you can play as a female (it was shown in the last presentation).

seaweasel
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2015, 11:30 am

Im looking forward to this game as well ^_^, i cant wait. The game looks good. I am getting xenoblade chronicles when it comes out next month for the N3ds.

Ciphergarm
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Mar 2015, 12:51 pm

Does this series have anything at all to do with Xenogears? That's the only "xeno" game I have played, I'm guessing it doesn't. I've heard people rave on xenoblade but didn't have a wii when it was first released so I missed out. Going to try the original on 3ds when it comes out next month and I'll be getting a wii-u in a few months anyway for the inevitable Zelda and Mario games so I'll probably try the sequel.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 6:37 pm

Ciphergarm wrote:
Does this series have anything at all to do with Xenogears? That's the only "xeno" game I have played, I'm guessing it doesn't. I've heard people rave on xenoblade but didn't have a wii when it was first released so I missed out. Going to try the original on 3ds when it comes out next month and I'll be getting a wii-u in a few months anyway for the inevitable Zelda and Mario games so I'll probably try the sequel.

Just made by the studio and people that made Xenogears.
Said studio is now fully owned by Nintendo.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 2:14 am

Ciphergarm wrote:

Nope. In fact, it's kind of a pet peeve of mine hearing people refer to the existence of a single Xeno franchise ( since it doesn't exist ). the Xenosaga series, owned by Namco Bandai, has very obvious connections to Xenogears ( though Xenogears is still owned by Square Enix, so that may be why we never got episode 4 or a remake or Xenogears which is episode 5 ) but Xenoblade is it's own thing entirely. Fun fact, the team at Monolith Soft only decided to call it Xenoblade as an homage to their previous work ( it's initial title was Monado: Beginning of the World ).

Also, if you didn't already know you will need the New 3DS in order to play the port of Xenoblade Chronicles. It will not work at all on the older models due to lack of processing power.

Ciphergarm

23 Mar 2015, 12:54 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
Ciphergarm wrote:

Nope. In fact, it's kind of a pet peeve of mine hearing people refer to the existence of a single Xeno franchise ( since it doesn't exist ). the Xenosaga series, owned by Namco Bandai, has very obvious connections to Xenogears ( though Xenogears is still owned by Square Enix, so that may be why we never got episode 4 or a remake or Xenogears which is episode 5 ) but Xenoblade is it's own thing entirely. Fun fact, the team at Monolith Soft only decided to call it Xenoblade as an homage to their previous work ( it's initial title was Monado: Beginning of the World ).

Also, if you didn't already know you will need the New 3DS in order to play the port of Xenoblade Chronicles. It will not work at all on the older models due to lack of processing power.

I know this.

Game still looks fun, I hope the 3ds port does it justice. Really liked the music in the first trailer in the OP and the inclusion of mechs makes me think a lot of Xenogears when you could explore and do stuff in your gears for many of the dungeons. Looks beautiful as well, I hope its as good as its prequel (Xenoblade).

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 11:57 am

North American Direct 2pm EST/11am PST.

Tree House will hold a special presentation after the X direct.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 12:07 pm

I just need a release date for west and my day will be the happiest of this week.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 3:58 pm

Direct was seriously just a Japanese Direct dubbed into English, followed by Nintendo Treehouse streaming some gameplay, with the only real new info being:

Dolls will be called Skells in the NA version

Skells can be customized to an insane degree, between armor parts, weapons, naming the Skell and painting the different parts

Main character Cross is very customizable too. The stream showed a female version and a black male, so the Cross they've primarily shown is just the generic default a la Mass Effect's "default" Commander Shepard

Small bits of explanation regarding various gameplay elements, most of which those of us following this stuff already knew....but plenty of new Skell combat info.