What does your ideal man/woman look like?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

mistersprinkles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm

I understand physical attraction very well and am very physically attracted to certain features, facial, body, etc. I do very much want to be in a relationship that actually WORKS for once, but I realize that it's my aspergers that keeps me from having a successful relationship. I hope to one day be in a loving long term relationship though.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 6:48 pm

I never understood the position that physical attraction shouldn't be a factor in romantic relationships. That's true for platonic friendships, and of course you need to develop an emotional connection to carry on a relationship, but to me the critical difference between romance and friendship is the presence of sexual attraction.

As for my own preferences, it's definitely a case of "opposites attract" when it comes to looks. This is what I look like:

And these are the kind of girls I have the hots for:

Best to give people a visual reference for my favorite type of ladies.

InfoPunkie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2015, 6:08 am

BrandonSP wrote:
I never understood the position that physical attraction shouldn't be a factor in romantic relationships. That's true for platonic friendships, and of course you need to develop an emotional connection to carry on a relationship, but to me the critical difference between romance and friendship is the presence of sexual attraction.

That's fair, but some people have found that looks are really arbitrary in relationships. What turns me on really has very little to do with looks. You could be the "hottest" person in the world but if you aren't "intelligent" (note: intelligence isn't just what you know or your brain processing power, it's not all about I.Q. for me.) then I'll be less turned on by you and if you annoy me then I'm not going to be turned on by you and I'll want you to leave me alone. Communication, deep intelligence etc are great turn ons for me as is strength (physical, emotional and character). I also value honesty and lack of an attempt to manipulate, whether that's subconscious or otherwise.

So yes, that's just me and what I've found. I'm not saying looks are unimportant to me, but just because someone is "hot" doesn't mean I'll get turned on and just because someone is "ugly" doesn't mean I won't. It really is about personality, intelligence and other non tangible/visual factors for me.