Page 1 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2015, 12:13 am

EXHIBIT A:

i aborted my bb bcuz it was a boi

:evil:

So if you wonder why there is a brewing backlash against feminism, stories like this will give you the answer.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 12:23 am

She is not a feminist.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 1:44 am

heavenlyabyss wrote:
She is not a feminist.

If you read the article, she considers herself to be a feminist and has taken part in feminist rallies.

But if you mean she misrepresents feminism, then for some you may be right. But I don't think feminism comes with just one voice nor one point of view.

As for her choice to abort at 5 months, long after she had decided to go ahead and have it, I struggle to accept that.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 3:00 am

There's corruption and stupidity in virtually all human endeavors. I have read feminists of good faith that bravely identify real issues, as well as feminist ideologues with crippled epistemologies causing division and promoting hatred. That my information bubble, right now, seems to want to draw my attention to the latter and not the former, hints that there are reality obscuring biases at play within my news feeds.

April93
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Feb 2015, 3:47 am

I really don't agree with modern feminism. I think it's gotten way out of hand.
I do understand there are some feminists that truly believe in equality, but for the most part, I want nothing to do with feminism. I feel the movement has turned into women trying to be better than men instead of equal.

That story absolutely disgusts me. I am unsure if it is legitimate, but whether it is or not, I have seen people defending her.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 4:26 am

can't read it. I won't be blackmailed into sharing/tweeting/whatever just so I can read it. I don't use twitter or google plus and don't share stuff on fb.

can anyone quote the text here?

ApertaVerbum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2015, 4:56 am

I've been studying feminism a lot in literature recently, my Language and Culture tutor is a real hardline feminist and even she thought this Shirtstorm stuff was crap.

Personally I find that the sensational feminists are nothing but disgruntled women looking to blame people for whatever reason nobody in highschool liked them. Feminism should largely now be focused on the Middle East and religion, but it is a hard thing to change, unfortunately Muslims take their holy words seriously unlike the majority of Catholics.

Personally i think that religion is the main adversary to women, not some guy's shirt. I also feel as though feminists in large tend to make too much of an issue over stuff, so they want a woman on a banknote, understandable but is it really that important?
Eventually we'll need a black guy, a Jewish person, a Muslim, a Hindu and any other category that feels left out of banknote pictures, i find it a bit silly.

I wrote a poem about how silly i find it.

Hypocritical oath of the open minded

Theres nothing so bold as a sexist, held in beaten bra
The world full of enemies, their reach endlessly far
What stand can hold a torch, to light those darkened minds
As in a world of patriarchy, the cunning spring to blind
Hidden in the subtext, among the words and rotes
An uncertain phallus, through hermenuetics floats
but look for what you seek, and the answer you will find
the blindness of the cunning, the phallus of their mind

Apertaverbum

http://apertaverbum.weebly.com/

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Feb 2015, 6:07 am

ApertaVerbum wrote:
I also feel as though feminists in large tend to make too much of an issue over stuff, so they want a woman on a banknote, understandable but is it really that important?

I don't think feminists were the ones who made that into a big issue. It was quite a calm campaign until the leaders started receiving threats.

ApertaVerbum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2015, 6:18 am

I suppose the media does gives a different perspective now that trolls are all the rage. Makes any story come across as more of a war than a movement.

I'm desensitised to trolls been playing league of legends since first season, my mum has accumulated more cancer than i care to recollect. She's also been backdoor raped, punched and threatened with AIDS.

The media needs to accept that trolls are really not something to worry about.

Aperta Verbum
http://apertaverbum.weebly.com/

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 6:48 am

sly279 wrote:
can't read it. I won't be blackmailed into sharing/tweeting/whatever just so I can read it. I don't use twitter or google plus and don't share stuff on fb.

can anyone quote the text here?

I couldn't read past the retweet either, but she does say this in her response to comments:

Quote:
To me, the experience was liberating, the emotions I felt when deciding what I should do, and after learning my fetus was male was something I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.

She seems to have aborted soley because the baby was male. That's a little hardcore. I'm pro-choice, but it doesn't seem right.

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2015, 11:15 am

Not this s**t again. Anti-feminist circle-jerks must be in vogue these days. :roll:

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 11:16 am

People on the NT spectrum are so obsessed about gender. Without the pathological gender obsession then feminism would not exist

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2015, 11:17 am

I used to almost got into feminism, but I don't like what it like.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2015, 12:27 pm

drh1138 wrote:
Not this s**t again. Anti-feminist circle-jerks must be in vogue these days. :roll:

Gotta love the ad hominems against anyone and everyone who criticizes feminist ideology! There's even a color chart for it.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2015, 12:55 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
drh1138 wrote:

Gotta love the ad hominems against anyone and everyone who criticizes feminist ideology! There's even a color chart for it.

M'lady

My deviant art profile

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2015, 2:25 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
drh1138 wrote:

M'lady

1. I wear Ushanka's, not Fedoras.

2. I once was a nice guy..........but once was a loooooong time ago. I've gotten meaner in muh old age! :mrgreen: