Problems with inferences in school projects

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

SDerailed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm

I'm newly diagnosed with Asperger's and was wondering if this is a common problem with Asperger's or just me.

Example: A school project is given where you have to do a Javascript form validation. There are many fields that are in the form, but the instructions say to verify certain fields. I turned in the project verifying the specified fields, and received a low grade because I had not verified other fields like name and password. When I brought it to the attention of my instructor that the directions did not say to verify those fields I received this reply:
"Its obvious that you need to validate all the sections. Everyone in your class they validate all the sections, its not that I have to mention everything from A to Z, all we are grown people. "

This really concerns me on a lot of different levels. I'm afraid that if I can't "read between" the lines I'll continue to get low grades. Is this as Aspie thing? If so, are there any tips or tricks for this? BTW- I got to school online, not much student interaction.