Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 4:29 am

What do I discuss? Things haven't been going my way for some time, especially in terms of getting a job; my fear of failure is significantly greater than my fear of not trying in the first place. My relatives and I don't have any shared interests, and I think it would be weird to contact my extended family just so we can expand each others' cultural views. I'd rather not discuss family issues, even though that's probably the closest thing to news. I don't want to rely on them for support too much just because I can't rely on myself. I don't want to break down mid-call or to leave them depressed, even if they give me advice and a shoulder to lean on. How do I even start? Is "How's it going?" enough?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 6:07 pm

"How's it going" is a good start.

karley39
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 3:39 pm

I understand you, I suffer a lot of stress when I start something new in my life, I remember to when I began to work I repeated a phrase in my head , sorry I don't known the correct translation, in spanish is " si se ha de hacer se hace y punto". leave behind your emotions.Think about your ultimate goal, think that you will feel bad about it for a while at first but gradually acquired with the passing of time the experience you need and what is most important security in yourself.

About family well, some here,I am the youngest of 5 siblings, and I have no relationship either with my three brothers and my sister, it's my fault I Known,but I can not change who I am.when we met in the Christmas meal, I sit at the table like a fool and I am unable to say anything while they talk to each other as best friends, I just want to make the time go faster and run from there, it's my family and supposedly should feel good with them, but it is not.if you learn how to do it, please, let me know.