Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Awilder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 6:06 pm

I was simply wondering if there is anyone whom tends to play star trek online? I've been playing sto for roughly 6months or so and have found it to be interesting if at times somewhat tedious yet, there is always things that change with the game..

Sincerely,
Awilder

We are like the wind,
Wrapped, luminous wind,
We make a road for the spirits to pass over.
For the Spirits to pass over.

Enochian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Feb 2015, 12:19 am

Awilder wrote:
I was simply wondering if there is anyone whom tends to play star trek online? I've been playing sto for roughly 6months or so and have found it to be interesting if at times somewhat tedious yet, there is always things that change with the game..

Sincerely,
Awilder

I used to play, and I have a level 50 Federation character. The problem is, it's a pay to win game. You can't get any of the best ships without spending money, and you can't get any of the best gear without grinding for days. Also, there are balance issues, and you're not going to be effective unless you use a very specific build, which defeats the purpose of having so many abilities and weapons.

All that said, it's the only game which allows you to exist in the Star Trek universe, and it can be a lot of fun.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 4:13 pm

I have been playing it once long ago, then it went F2P and i played it some more. Got a bunch of ships and a capped character.

Long ago STO hardly had any content whatsoever, but now it's quite good.

xMistrox
Toucan
Toucan

05 Mar 2015, 8:40 pm

I have been playing since the closed Beta, but I don't play constantly unless there is new content. I logged in today to pay respects at the Leonard Nimoy memorial they added.