Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2015, 2:37 pm

Are there any Five Nights At Freddy's fans, like me? If so, bump or reply.

eloralouistra
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Feb 2015, 4:07 pm

I feel like I count as half a fan possibly?

I can't play them myself because I really can't deal with jump scares but I love the whole atmosphere and have ended up looking at a load of things about it online. I watch my brother play sometimes, while half hiding behind my fingers. XD

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2015, 4:41 pm

eloralouistra wrote:

I can't play them myself because I really can't deal with jump scares but I love the whole atmosphere and have ended up looking at a load of things about it online. I watch my brother play sometimes, while half hiding behind my fingers. XD
One thing's for sure, is that I'll never understand why people don't like FN@F. Is suppose to be scary. Then again, ever since FN@F 2, it has been more frustrating than scary.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:14 pm

I don't have to play the games myself in order like them and be a fan.

I just watched the demo for the third game and it is awesome.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

eloralouistra

04 Mar 2015, 7:14 am

ConfusedDude wrote:
eloralouistra wrote:

One thing's for sure, is that I'll never understand why people don't like FN@F. Is suppose to be scary. Then again, ever since FN@F 2, it has been more frustrating than scary.

Jump scares just tend to give me panic attacks. It's not so bad watching other people play because I'm slightly removed from the situation.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 10:54 am

Huh, I didnt even see this topic before. I'm a fan of the series myself. First horror games in.... freaking forever... to have ever even gotten me nervous or anything like that. The only other one that ever managed that was Eternal Darkness on the GameCube (absolutely fantastic game, that one, I loved it).

I really like the gameplay concepts that Scott came up with; the whole idea of you not having real weapons OR much in the way of real defenses, yet you still had to somehow deal with these unstoppable nightmare bots. So you use the security cameras to track, and thus respond, to their movements. The idea, to me, is brilliant.

Though, it took alot of refinement to get to where the developer seemed to want to to be. The first game could be totally beaten by simple repetition of the exact same 3-4 actions... you didnt need to do anything with the camera aside from keep Foxy somewhat under control (oddly, though, Freddy himself seems to glitch out throughout this process, as you're SUPPOSED to keep an eye on him to slow him down and stuff, but it's almost like his AI vacates the area as he'll never, ever attack if you keep up that sequence despite ignoring him). The second game tried some new things, but it still ended up suffering from the same problem. The third, however, does not. It seems to be the very sort of gameplay that the developer was after in the first place, since you have to actually USE the cameras to track and respond to your foe. And it's just freaking brilliant.

Now as for what I've played, I have all three games. I've played well into the first one.... generally I'm trying to go through it all the way without using the left light, right light, check foxy, repeat exploit; I keep getting clobbered by stupid Chica though. I dont know why it's always Chica.

Second one I've only played a bit of so far; I got too distracted by other games. Which happens to me sometimes.

Number three I havent tried yet, but I already bought.

I have seen all of the currently known story elements though. Getting the other ending in number 3 is.... such an incredibly convoluted process. I dont know how the heck anyone managed to figure that out! I wont drop any spoilers here, but.... it's pretty messed up. And what impresses me is that all of the secret minigames, despite their ancient style of graphics, manage to be creepy and unsettling as heck ANYWAY. The minigames in the second game struck me as being that way too. It's possible that there's actually a third ending though as well. Nobody seems to be quite sure about it.

Even with all of that though, there's still tons of unanswered questions that makes me wonder what the developer might do with the series later on. I cant see him making a direct sequel, as it's extremely clear at the end of the third game that the main string of events ends after that (well, probably). But I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up doing another game that doesnt play anything like these... and may be a different genre of gameplay entirely (yet still retain the horror theme), that goes into more of the backstory that the player doesnt directly experience or witness at any point in the 3 main games. Like the original restaurant: You never, ever see it, but there's a TON of hints that something seriously messed up happened there (particularly the fact that the bots in number 2 are possessed at all, is the biggest hint, but there are others). And tons of other questions too, though I cant really mention any without spoilers.

The whole thing is fascinating. Normally I dont really get into the story elements of most games... but that's because most games dont tell them well, and they often just arent even written very well. This series does it in more of the way that I personally wish other games would do. It's different than the usual long, rambly, flashy cutscenes that basically every other game ever does.

Maxxamust01
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2015, 6:43 am

I find 1 very easy but night 5... its VERY hard. number 2 however the puppet and golden freddy freak me out. 3 on the other hand, stupid foxy always jumps in me room and I get springtrap :( 8O

heyitsjessieyall
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Mar 2015, 11:43 pm

I love FNAF! <3 Normally I don't do horror, but for some reason this game really caught my attention, mainly because Markiplier inspired me to play it. XD

I've played the first and second installments enough times and I still have to deal with jump scares, haha.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 10:31 pm

Most of the fnaf fandom is made of 12 year old preps who think pewdiepie is the best.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2015, 11:44 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
Most of the fnaf fandom is made of 12 year old preps who think pewdiepie is the best.

Not really.

It's just the really vocal ones that are like that. Which is pretty typical of any fan community.

Sure doesnt make it less annoying though.

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:

Not necessarily. Most of the FNAF fandom also happen to be adults, like me, that like the lore of the games first, and the games per se, second.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2015, 2:56 am

My 14yr old son! :-) We're actually flying back home to Puerto Rico tomorrow with a suitcase full of decorations because he is having an FNAF Halloween Party :-)

Toy Freddy the Fabulous
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jun 2016, 7:17 am

I really like Five Nights at Freddy's! Who's your favorite character? Mine is Toy Freddy, well, I guess that's kind of obvious.

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jun 2016, 10:41 am

Toy Freddy the Fabulous wrote:
I really like Five Nights at Freddy's! Who's your favorite character? Mine is Toy Freddy, well, I guess that's kind of obvious.
Mine is...

FOXY!

popcorn23
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2016, 11:50 pm

yup have first to games on mobile