Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

JupiterSpace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2015, 3:49 pm

I Am 13 Years Old And Thinking I Very Likely Have Aspergers Syndrome. My Mom Or Dad Does Not Know I Suspect Anything Or Very Much Of Autism But I Know A Ton About It.. My Mom Is Always Saying I Am Socially Isolated And Non-Social, But I Am Perfectly Fine. I Enjoy Spending My Time Playing Piano, Photoshopping, Being Productive, And Drawing. I Have No Need Or Want For Friends Really, I Have About 2 Real Friends. Both Of Them Pursue Same Interests As Me And We Enjoy Spending Time. Is It Normal For A Aspie To Not Want Friends? Or Is This All Just Pride.

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 3:55 pm

Well, there's a lot to that... I always wanted friends but never knew how to get them. It took a long time for me to find a few like-minded individuals, and once I started hanging out with them I was pretty all set. That experience (practice) helped me to build a quick set of friends in college (that I maintained for the full 4 years).

If you're happy with just the 2 friends, there's no rule saying you have to have more. (personally, I think it's admirable that you can be satisfied with a couple of meaningful connections)

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 4:46 pm

I just been diagnosed at 22. It's totally normal for me not to want friends much. I'd be happy with 2 close friends and all those hobbys to work on. Unfortunately people often don't understand and think you must be sad even if your not.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 5:12 pm

I'd be happy with two friends, too. Maybe that's enough for you right now.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 5:14 pm

I have about two "friends" myself--and I'm a nice guy :wink:

Imagine if I were a unsocial being?