Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 12:38 pm

Why can't there be f'ing consistency in my god-damn life!! !

Ok good news I moved up a grade in math so starting in April I will be getting yet another math teacher

The bad news my (written) language skills usage, capitalization, and writing conventions which was previously at a high 8.4 dipped to 5.6 So I dunno if they are going to place me in a lower grade class or I'll remain in the same class/grade level.

I'm really starting to question things here the subject I most suck at I show decent improvements and the subject that I am strong at I'm starting to suck at! Please tell me this kinda thing is "normal" for Autistics

It's not like I drink booze or do any drugs that would be affecting what I do in class I know sleep is an on going issue I take meds but they don't seam to work for me I can't take anything stronger out of fear that A) I will develop a dependency to the drug or B) It will adversely affect my sleep apnea

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2015, 12:48 pm

Hi, I am like this if my sleep is horrible. I am capable of retaining a large amount of information, if I have been sleeping well, otherwise my mind is like a sieve.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 9:18 pm

I think you, most definitely, had a bad testing day when you took the "written-language skills" test.

I don't think it's because of autism. I would say it's probably due to a lack of sleep. If you could, ask them if you could take the test again.

Common sense does not dictate such a sudden steep decline in any sort of academic ability measure. If I were the teacher, I would let you take the test again.

physicsnut42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2015, 3:27 pm

kraftiekortie is almost definitely right. There's a math competition called the AMC10, which takes place annually. I took it last year as well as this year, and I did way worse on it this year than I did last year. It's possible that I've gotten worse at math in the past year. But on the day of the test, I was tired, and I was in the middle of a very stressful and crazy couple of months, so I couldn't concentrate very well. Really, extraneous factors affect test scores so much, I wouldn't worry about it. I agree that you should definitely try to retake the test (but make sure you're well-rested!)

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 7:14 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can do about getting a retest, tho the end of the semester is on the 26th then I'm out for 2 weeks so I dunno how accommodating they may be. Now granted along with sleep issues I'm also in a depressive funk right now so may be that played into the low test score.