Withdrawing and concerned that I'll lose my friends

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2015, 10:57 pm

I am withdrawing into social isolation. The anxieties placed on me by this horrible semester of college and the evaluation on friday. I just can't keep up with my two friends, it's too much. When they send me a message, I find it so difficult to reply. I'm afraid that my self imposed distance will ruin this friendship. :(

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 8:55 am

You know what...and this is quite simplistic....

But, sometimes, a simple "Hi," plus a statement saying you're "busy" with college stuff, with suffice with most people.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 6:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You know what...and this is quite simplistic....

But, sometimes, a simple "Hi," plus a statement saying you're "busy" with college stuff, with suffice with most people.

Thanks Kraftie... It's just that I've been using that excuse so much that I don't think they believe it...

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 8:06 am

You could tell them, quite plain and simple, that you need to isolate yourself for a period, that it has absolutely nothing to do with them, and that you look foreward to see them, when you are back in shape.
They´ll know, that you are not rejecting them.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 8:25 am

By the way....the just described problem seems to be predominant among aspies.
I have lost friends, because I was silent for a long time and full of excuses instead of just saying, that I needed to isolate myself a bit.
I can understand, because I have the same insecurity, if someone suddenly withdraws, - but it has occurred quite a few times and I didn´t reject people because of it.

Since I/we have to be very careful about giving the right signals, whilst others seemingly don´t, I wonder if they have some mysterios way of communicating, that makes visible/audible signals superfluous. :|